Hero Spotlight: The Furnace

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited March 2016 in Hero Spotlights
NOTE: The Furnace is not available yet, but he will be soon!
d0ombbvnxcl5.png

The Furnace is the newest Legendary Hero. He is pretty neat and has some new mechanics so we’re going to talk about him a little more in-depth than our previous Heroes.

First he has a new Tag – CONSTRUCT.

Constructs can never be debuffed but they cannot be healed by normal means. They can only be Repaired. Now before you say “hey but no one can repair!” That was true, until now. Dagrund’s heal is now called DWARVEN EMT – it will Heal OR Repair one Ally and it now increases Max HP as well!

Second, the Signature Ability for The Furnace does not use Energy. I know crazy right? Instead it is a pressure gauge that fills up with pressure. Pressure increases each turn, and it goes up faster in Fire Dungeons! But wait there is more. If you get hit with a CRIT – more Pressure! If you get hit by a Fire Hero/Enemy – Pressure! But! If you are in a Frost Dungeon, Pressure goes up slower. Also Pressure is reduced by taking damage from Water Hero/Enemies.

The ability, Under Pressure, can be use on every turn but does limited damage based on the amount of Pressure. More Pressure = more damage! Oh, there is one catch, though: if you let Pressure build up too much there is a chance that The Furnace will explode at random or when you try to use Under Pressure, dealing fire damage to The Furnace and every other hero (both allies and enemies). Explosive fun for the whole family!

Last and not least his Basic Attack, Feel the Burn, is an AOE that can set enemies on Fire.

Have fun!

Background: Forged from Dwarven steel and infused with an ancient fire spirit – The Furnace rumbles, roars, scorches, and occasionally explodes.

Most Hated Hero: Samurai Takumi

Element: FIRE: 30% bonus against NATURE enemies.

Tags: LEGENDARY ARMORED CONSTRUCT TANK

Traits:
  • Armored: Takes less damage from physical attacks.
  • Construct: Can’t be healed but is invulnerable to any debuff.
  • Pressure Cooker: If attacked by Fire characters or any CRIT pressure increases. If hit by Water characters pressure decreases.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Feel the Burn: Melee Physical attack against all enemies with chance to Burn targeted enemy.
  • Under Pressure: Ranged Fire attack for up to 99 (scales) at normal pressure, base damage plus extra damage depending on the Pressure built up.
Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Fire Evo: 45
  • Nature Monarch Evo: 17
  • Water Evo: 5
  • Bushido Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Dwarven Forged Team: Armored team members gain 15% damage reduction from ranged and melee attacks.
  • Legacy of Flame: Fire team members get +15% ATK, +15% HP, +10% DEF and +10% SKL
New Ability!
  • Feel the Burn II: Melee Physical attack against all enemies with chance to Burn targeted enemy and a 20% chance to burn all other enemies.
  • Stoke the Boiler: Adds taunt to this hero, increases his Pressure, and allies gain FIRE damage to attacks, starts powered.
Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Light Evo: 30
  • Fire Monarch Evo: 30
  • Runed Evo: 8
  • Diamond Evo: 3
New Trait!
  • Dwarven Forged Team II: Armored team members gain 25% damage reduction from ranged and melee attacks.
  • Abs of Steel: Inflicted damage will not exceed 20% of Max HP.
New Ability!
  • Feel the Burn III: Melee Physical attack against all enemies with chance to Burn targeted enemy and a 40% chance to burn all other enemies.
  • Combustion: Targets energy of an enemy, igniting it, resetting all abilities to max cooldown.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on

Comments

• Okay, gems ready, evos ready.
    Now hype!!!
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    The Greatest Evo Farming Master
  • Abs of steel for the win...wow!
    Forum_Signature.png
  • will potions work on it?
    DB%20Synchro%20Sig%20Lamento87-01_zpscwpe7cwj.png
  • When he does become available, where will he be?
    KashHatton
  • Love for fire legendary!

Where is Alexandros.....
    LINE: Anokuu
    Email: GensokyoFamily@gmail.com
  • Awesome! Too bad I spent all my gems...
  • Seems overly complex. Plenty of gems but not the evos.
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • Woah... ultimate fire buff hero. For the Abs of Steel Trait, does it mean that no damage inflicted to Furnace will exceed 20% of his max health? Oh boy I'm excited! Please don't make him impossible to get!
    ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
    Check out my Kill Quest chart here!
    See my guide to the Tower of Pwnage here!
  • meowstaa_meowstaa_ Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Abs of steel plus complete energy depletion.
    Fire damage is also real now with the low elemental resistances, gonna be fun.
    More water meta on defense tho :(
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Shared Hero: Ippy
  • So get your bets out! Hero or VIP Portal?
    TYRANNO992

• Seems overpowered imo
  • XidusXidus Member
    Just wondering how and when it will be available? Truthfully just waiting on a fire or beast healer....
  • Furnace + squinch OP
  • Maybe it is the Boss Mode hero? We will see
  • Where I hope he shows up (in order of preference)
    1: Event where you can earn enough tokens to get him
    2: VIP Portal (I know.. I know.., but the Heroic portal is too crowded to have a real chance of pulling him)
    3: Heroic Portal (see #2.. please no)

Didn't include Honor or Great portal, cause that's just not gonna happen realistically.
    KashHatton
  • XidusXidus Member
    Last question. How many other healing spells have been changed to include repair?
  • So does that mean fully ascended with an armored team they will all take 50% less damage from physical attacks?

And what does "Under Pressure: Ranged Fire attack for up to 1386 (scales) at normal pressure" mean? Is "normal pressure" the base line if used every turn and not otherwise increased or do you go below normal pressure when used? And is the 1386 the base damage at level 1 and then it scales because that would be bonkers?!
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    You know what? I'll say it. I don't like it.

Not the hero, but the fact he needs this weird thing to heal that only Dagrund can provide. I hope more heroes will be able to "repair" him than just Dagrund. Not that Dagrund is bad, he's just not the best.

Also, he looks overpowered to all Hell, but then again I guess the heal thing balances that. Wish they would just make a regular hero like Kobal or Rogar again, instead of all these weird heroes with odd mechanics.

One more thing: Can he be buffed? Says no debuff but what about buffs? Could NubNub's heal count as a buff as it can be purged and shows up over allies?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Looks pretty cool! At first sight he seems powerful, but before his third ascension he's going to be Therand meat. After he gets abs of steel, he'll get serious survivability. I guess Takumi is his most hated hero as Takumi has a multi-hit attack, so he'll be able to inflict more than 20% damage (that is, if Takumi is even capable of inflicting that much damage on a tank...)
  • Can you clarify debuff. Does this include Silence, Freeze, Burn, Poison, Daze etc.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    If fire attacks are added to all abilities that means the counter is Ignus the Mad! Mwahahaha!
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • 2 diamond evos away from having enough for both ascensions. Hurry!
    KashHatton
  • I have 5500 gems saved up from tower runs, so bring it on.

But .. Bushido and Diamond evos :( :(

Maybe a few more pennies
  • Uszaty223Uszaty223 Member
    edited March 2016
    I don't think I understand Abs Of Steel trait. Does it mean that damage dealt to Furnance won't be higher than 20% of his hp? In this case... is he killable? Hiting him would just make his hp drop lower and lower but it would never reach 0...
    In-game level: 6x
    Shared Hero: Phenol Thoxian ★★★★★★
    Favourite Heroes: Phenol Thoxian, Shadowblade, Samurai Takumi, King Yorick, Sir William, Overlord Executum
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Uszaty223 wrote: »
    I don't think I understand Abs Of Steel trait. Does it mean that damage dealt to Furnance won't be higher than 20% of his hp? In this case... is he killable? Hiting him would just make his hp drop lower and lower but it would never reach 0...

"Max HP", so if it's 10k HP, it will only receive 2k max per hit.
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • Uszaty223 wrote: »
    Uszaty223 wrote: »

"Max HP", so if it's 10k HP, it will only receive 2k max per hit.

Similar to Frostbite I think - which can kill you, percentage based on max HP. Still, this is a powerful trait.

I have been thinking for a while of a character with an AOE basic attack, and if base damage is 1386, imagine what it is at lvl 69, 6*, with high energy...and that's a basic attack. Whoa.

zntCIcd.gif
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • edited March 2016
    Wow... This guy will be a seriously overpowered counter to beast teams, since most beasts are fire and fire heros will just charge up his ability...