Hero Spotlight: The Furnace

Comments

• I think that Takumi would probably crush him because of the pressure thing, when he gets hit he looses pressure and his attack won't hit as hard.
  • Lmao imagine if hammers are the way to get tokens for this hero ! Day 1 6* ...
  • I wish he will be on the honor portal :)
  • Welcome dwarf teams. Anyone thinking this same way?
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • Is this going to be a slow hero?
  • jibbbyy wrote: »
    Is this going to be a slow hero?

No. He is a legendary, armored, construct, tank. If he was slow, it would be somewhere on this page.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    4 unbreakable hearts.

Dear God.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Please please fix the game glitches before releasing a new hero. We are losing valued members of our guild because of constant crashes.
  • urrrurrr Member
    Need a fire element healer. Tho this sounds cool.
  • Furnace, Rog, Squinch, the dream team! Can't wait. Got Evo's and a few gems saved up!

Mustybadger
  • woodkwoodk Member
    @Justice hahahaha that's great and so true!
    Recently returned to DB. IGN: WKeytones
  • Wish I took the time to up my Rogar (still only 4*). Spent all my gems and energy on 6* Dhaegon. :-P
    I'd normally put my stats here, but don't see the point as the forum will be empty soon...
  • CyadzCyadz Member
    Looks very interesting I love you guys are introducing new mechanics, makes the game feel fresh
  • I believe he will be the first hero to have the same name as a dungeon, 13-2 The Furnace.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Gmanju wrote: »
    Good tell them to leave or stop trying to use the potion exploit which had been fixed and any attempts crash the game. Makes everyone trying to use the potion glitch and then complaining about crashes like a moron.

Like I said to you in another thread where you posted the same thing, I have never tried the potion glitch, didn't even know about it until it was fixed. My game is crashing fairly consistently post Leonidus, whereas it hadn't ever crashed in the previous 3 months I've played DB prior to the Leonidus update.
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • instead of all these weird heroes with odd mechanics.

I'm a little concerned too. It's still okay at the moment but I don't want a situation where we have 50 heroes and all 50 of them have totally different unique skills, with special conditions that we have to remember what they do.

So...

Frostbite, Deal with the Devil, Tit for Tat, Spontaneous Cover, Insulated Woolies, Tortured Soul.

Demonic Pride, Greed, Wrath, Gluttony.

Judgement Day, Secret to Eternal Life, Avatar of Light, Flying in the Face, The Guardian

If you know instinctively what all those skills do, then good on you. All of them feature unique mechanics in the newest heroes that are not found in other heroes.

At the moment it's manageable, and it's new and interesting, but I can see how 20 heroes down the line some of us might struggle to keep up.

And I'm wary when you make exceptions to mechanics (eg. let's disregard Energy in the case of Furnace). Is it that critical to game play that it merits breaking the rules? Will it prove more than a gimmick?

Next will we have a hero that ignores health and dies if his energy reaches zero? Or a hero that has twice his attack and half his defence on the first turn, twice his defence and half his attack on the second turn, and three times his health and no attack and defence on the third turn? Or...

And also... there are powercreep concerns. One of DB's big appeals for me is it has been very very low on the powercreep stakes. It would be very disappointing to my enjoyment of the game if DB started down that road.
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • DsyR9DsyR9 Member
    It looks amazing!
  • Gmanju wrote: »
    heeler wrote: »
    Please please fix the game glitches before releasing a new hero. We are losing valued members of our guild because of constant crashes.

Good tell them to leave or stop trying to use the potion exploit which had been fixed and any attempts crash the game. Makes everyone trying to use the potion glitch and then complaining about crashes like a moron.

Well, that is presumptuous of you. The latest guild mate who decided to permanently leave the game put in hours a day just trying to get through the guild quests. Previously he was a consistent 210 crown winner. He experienced multiple crashes in EVERY dungeon, merely upon entering the first room of the dungeon, and sometimes just when opening the game. On several devices. It had nothing to do with potion exploits, and he was no moron.

I expect better from posters on this forum.
  • Pressure gauge? I would be fixing all these horrible bugs before introducing another probably buggy mechanic into the game...
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Gmanju wrote: »
    Please please fix the game glitches before releasing a new hero. We are losing valued members of our guild because of constant crashes.

Loot at his profile. He has a total of 114 comments and 50 of them have been disagreed with or flagged for abuse or spam. Fortunately, he is a small minority of this forums userbase, as most of us are here to genuinely discuss the game and provide constructive feedback.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• OK, now I know what I've been saving my gems for :)
  • heeler wrote: »
    Try visiting the "Bugs & Technical Issues" and "Feedback & Suggestions" sections of this forum, you'll know this forum isn't that much better than the general chat sometimes.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Uszaty223Uszaty223 Member
    edited March 2016
    The Furnance is AWESOME. But his baisc attack's animation is wierd. He looks like he is not even trying to hit the ground hard.
    Also - playing with him on aout combat will be impossible. His pressure would blow every time.
    In-game level: 6x
    Shared Hero: Phenol Thoxian ★★★★★★
    Favourite Heroes: Phenol Thoxian, Shadowblade, Samurai Takumi, King Yorick, Sir William, Overlord Executum
  • Uszaty223 wrote: »
    The Furnance is AWESOME. But his baisc attack's animation is wierd. He looks like he is not even trying to hit the ground hard.
    Also - playing with him on aout combat will be impossible. His pressure would blow every time.

I found that it took forever to get him to blow up. Easy to get him in the red but hard to get him to actually blow. Maybe I wasn't taking heavy hits.

And I want to make sure this is working right...after he blows up, he still works?
    zntCIcd.gif
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Someone in my guild reported that the Furnace brought NitPick back to life. Anyone else come across anything like this?
  • danacdanac Member
    He killed my Therand twice in easy event dungeon, not much dmge in the blow up, but the burn is bad... The fire dungeon plus the taunt sends him to the verge in every round.
  • 4tom4tom Member
    Cool concept, though I find his animation is a bit on the shaky side. Looks spazzy and will probably give kids seisures... I'd slow the frame rate a bit personally.
    zntCIcd.gif