Hero Spotlight: The Furnace

124

Comments

  • When will he be available again?
  • brinstarbrinstar Member
    edited March 2016
    I could imagine a Furnace, Dagrund, and Ignus combo (don't know who the other hero would be). Furnace helps fire heroes, Ignus is helped by Dagrund's caster spirit and Furnace's boosts and has Pyromaniac for the burns Furnace will cause, and Dagrund can heal the other two. Maybe the other one can be an armored hero or something.
  • brinstar wrote: »
    I could imagine a Furnace, Dagrund, and Ignus combo (don't know who the other hero would be). Furnace helps fire heroes, Ignus is helped by Dagrund's caster spirit and Furnace's boosts and has Pyromaniac for the burns Furnace will cause, and Dagrund can heal the other two. Maybe the other one can be an armored hero or something.

    I could see a Dwarf/Furnace event.

  • brinstar wrote: »
    I could imagine a Furnace, Dagrund, and Ignus combo (don't know who the other hero would be). Furnace helps fire heroes, Ignus is helped by Dagrund's caster spirit and Furnace's boosts and has Pyromaniac for the burns Furnace will cause, and Dagrund can heal the other two. Maybe the other one can be an armored hero or something.

    I could see a Dwarf/Furnace event.

    I'm not sure what that has to do with this (other than what I'm thinking to be a form of sarcasm), but yes, I could see them doing another event like that. I agree.
  • brinstar wrote: »
    I could imagine a Furnace, Dagrund, and Ignus combo (don't know who the other hero would be). Furnace helps fire heroes, Ignus is helped by Dagrund's caster spirit and Furnace's boosts and has Pyromaniac for the burns Furnace will cause, and Dagrund can heal the other two. Maybe the other one can be an armored hero or something.
    As long as there is a minion that can heal Furnace/Dagrund is all you need!

    If you don't believe me I can show you a video of somebody 3*'ing the VH Tsume dungeon a few events ago with just those 2!
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • MaCoPi wrote: »
    brinstar wrote: »
    I could imagine a Furnace, Dagrund, and Ignus combo (don't know who the other hero would be). Furnace helps fire heroes, Ignus is helped by Dagrund's caster spirit and Furnace's boosts and has Pyromaniac for the burns Furnace will cause, and Dagrund can heal the other two. Maybe the other one can be an armored hero or something.
    As long as there is a minion that can heal Furnace/Dagrund is all you need!

    If you don't believe me I can show you a video of somebody 3*'ing the VH Tsume dungeon a few events ago with just those 2!

    Someone 3* the VH Tsume with only furnace and dagrund?! I don't believe it.

    Zernium
  • Zernium wrote: »
    MaCoPi wrote: »
    brinstar wrote: »
    I could imagine a Furnace, Dagrund, and Ignus combo (don't know who the other hero would be). Furnace helps fire heroes, Ignus is helped by Dagrund's caster spirit and Furnace's boosts and has Pyromaniac for the burns Furnace will cause, and Dagrund can heal the other two. Maybe the other one can be an armored hero or something.
    As long as there is a minion that can heal Furnace/Dagrund is all you need!

    If you don't believe me I can show you a video of somebody 3*'ing the VH Tsume dungeon a few events ago with just those 2!
    Someone 3* the VH Tsume with only furnace and dagrund?! I don't believe it.
    I assume you believe now? ;)

    Foxboxes wrote: »
    Zernium wrote: »
    MaCoPi wrote: »
    brinstar wrote: »
    I could imagine a Furnace, Dagrund, and Ignus combo (don't know who the other hero would be). Furnace helps fire heroes, Ignus is helped by Dagrund's caster spirit and Furnace's boosts and has Pyromaniac for the burns Furnace will cause, and Dagrund can heal the other two. Maybe the other one can be an armored hero or something.
    As long as there is a minion that can heal Furnace/Dagrund is all you need!

    If you don't believe me I can show you a video of somebody 3*'ing the VH Tsume dungeon a few events ago with just those 2!
    Someone 3* the VH Tsume with only furnace and dagrund?! I don't believe it.
    I saw one of your videos on the wiki and came across this one while scouting your others videos on youtube. You've got some nice videos there.

    And that 5 Furnace Full Unlocks with < 40 pulls, ****!!! I got 0 in 20. :s
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Sylfae wrote: »
    MaCoPi wrote: »
    And that 5 Furnace Full Unlocks with < 40 pulls, ****!!! I got 0 in 20. :s
    That's because he pretty much has everything else 6 starred. It's how probability works.
    Right, how on earth did I forget that?!?
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • At the end of the vid I think furnace had like over 9000 health...
    Zernium
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    edited March 2016
    Zernium wrote: »
    At the end of the vid I think furnace had like over 9000 health...
    You can't be more wrong!!!

    This is the last heal on The Furnace:
    g7ryjj5ty957.png

    Tsume's last hit on Dagrund did 8165 damage and it almost didn't show on the health bar.
    m2bapq2t2yrv.png108332z0uapt.png
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Get ready for a Dagrund nerf!

    I think this is the reality but it's also quite sad. Dagrund just became an awesome hero.
  • MaCoPi wrote: »
    Zernium wrote: »
    At the end of the vid I think furnace had like over 9000 health...
    You can't be more wrong!!!

    This is the last heal on The Furnace:
    g7ryjj5ty957.png

    Tsume's last hit on Dagrund did 8165 damage and it almost didn't show on the health bar.
    m2bapq2t2yrv.png108332z0uapt.png

    So how am I wrong? 142k is over 9000...
    Zernium
  • thimeethimee Member
    edited March 2016
    Zernium wrote: »
    So how am I wrong? 142k is over 9000...

    What 9000????!! There's no way that could be right?!

  • thimee wrote: »
    Zernium wrote: »
    So how am I wrong? 142k is over 9000...

    What 9000????!! There's no way that could be right?!


    ??? Now I'm just confused. 142,000 > 9000.
    Zernium
  • @Foxboxes Thanks for that video. Awesome! I need a few more common evos to fa Dagrund and I can't wait to try this out for fun.
    @Zernium Furnace health at end was 250k.

  • @Foxboxes Thanks for that video. Awesome! I need a few more common evos to fa Dagrund and I can't wait to try this out for fun.
    @Zernium Furnace health at end was 250k.

    Ok... 250k > 9000. So how am I wrong when I say furnace's health at the end was over 9000?
    Zernium
  • You aren't and I'm not the one who said you were wrong.

  • You aren't and I'm not the one who said you were wrong.

    Then why did you summon me? Just asking.
    Zernium
  • I'm just gonna say..."what?!? it's over nine thoussssaaannnnddd"
  • woodkwoodk Member
    Zernium wrote: »
    thimee wrote: »
    Zernium wrote: »
    So how am I wrong? 142k is over 9000...

    What 9000????!! There's no way that could be right?!


    ??? Now I'm just confused. 142,000 > 9000.

    What 9000?! There's no way that could be right?!
    Unfortunately no longer playing DB, but have just started up in Guardian Stone: Second War. IGN Keytones
  • CitroncactusCitroncactus Member
    edited April 2016
    The Furnace is one of my 6 favorite... who could guess?
    Post edited by Citroncactus on
  • I don't have the Furnace, anyone know when another Furnace event will roll around?
  • L0rdL33tL0rdL33t Member
    edited May 2016
    I try to use Therand to counter him, but he ends up just tickling him!

    Edit: Ahh... its Abs of Steel!
    Post edited by L0rdL33t on
  • Igorok say: Luuuunch! An ice team makes quick work of furnace
  • The Furnace Bundle special offer text made me laugh!

    "What do hammers do? When you're The Furnace, they smash your enemies into tiny fun sized pieces and win lots of battles!"
  • @joel @Joveth quick question why does abs of steel mitigate damage from Arcane Bolts and Vibratining Palm...both of these get past Ageis Sheilds or even Invincability...It just seems to me that these two abilities should still get through
  • @epicredcard its the furnace the one counter to masuta's chi attack (aka vibrating palm.) if it wasnt for that then the furnace wouldnt be much of a tank now would he
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0LL Ju5T hAVe TO J01nt tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
  • @CPUyellowHeart same could be said for many other tanks when it comes to arcane bolts as it ignore armor any way...
  • @epicredcard i think it ignores shields now right? the arcane bolts.?
    like aegis invincible and hagrims dwarven-fury right?
    im not sure cause i never tested it
    but i have tested grave digger against furnace abbs of steel and certain lvls and runes on gravedigger one-shot the fire tank. so with the right running the furnace abbs of steel can still be surpassed.

    fun fact Arcane means Mysterious and UnKnown.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0LL Ju5T hAVe TO J01nt tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com