New Guild Tournament Reward Payouts!

JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited March 2016 in The Guild Hall
Hey folks! Joveth here to let you know that we're going to be upgrading guild tournament rewards starting with this week's tournament! We've added new reward tiers so that more guilds can get rewards and we've now included Orbs as part of the payouts. These new rewards will be paid out at the end of the current tournament.

Check it out and let us know what you think:
i77espthx4h7.png
Joveth Gonzalez
Sr. Communications Manager @ Boss Fight Entertainment
Post edited by Joveth on

Comments

• The rewards themselves are nice though :)

Just wish more tiers near the top end were added
  • This is a good change overall , and will help the smaller more casual guilds feel like they too have earned for their weeks work.
  • The jump between 9000 crowns and top 10 is a bit big. Either you're a 9k+ crown guild or 10,4k+ for top 10.
  • I hope this reward upgrading is the first step of new guild gameplays <3
    LINE: Anokuu
    Email: GensokyoFamily@gmail.com
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Well guild changes already. That's cool! I agree with @iphonesheep about making small guilds feel good about their placement despite not being top 10 material or having players that just stop playing altogether.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Why are we stuck with only Matsuta tokens. Can't you guys change it up once in a while?
  • FoxboxesFoxboxes Member
    edited March 2016
    So are you going to do a carried-over crown reset too, or are we still going to be stuck fighting against other guilds that have days of leeway built up from carried-over crowns they had from abusing the old time zone exploit?

Kind of silly that some guilds are starting every week with hundreds of crowns, dontcha think?
    DB%20Synchro%20Sig%20Fox%20Paladin%20Aug-01-01_zps1kp61yun.png
    Guildmaster 2.0 of Synchronicity
  • Joveth wrote: »
    Hey folks! Joveth here to let you know that we're going to be upgrading guild tournament rewards starting with this week's tournament! We've added new reward tiers so that more guilds can get rewards and we've now included Orbs as part of the payouts. These new rewards will be paid out at the end of the current tournament.

Be nice if we could get other hero tokens....most of the top ten guilds have matsuka maxed
  • A million times yes...
    Sylfae wrote: »
    Are you still not doing anything about carrying crowns over from week to week? Some people started with a huge surplus of crowns from the initial week when the cap was implemented, whether from saving or from exploiting the timezone exploit, and that basically allows them to cover any shortfalls for many weeks to come. A reset should have been done when the cap was implemented.

• Awesome. I think it's great that some of the casual guilds can now have a weekly perk as well as the hardcore ones. Good stuff, DB. :+1:
  • GimceGimce Member
    If you're going to update the guild system please look into the timezone exploit as some people already fill 210/210 crowns by Wednesday. (If you make quests harder it won't hinder those who already get extra crowns weekly via exploit)
  • Thank you! My humble guild will benefit greatly from this. The goal of 3000 crowns is still just over the horizon.
  • Sylfae wrote: »
    Are you still not doing anything about carrying crowns over from week to week? Some people started with a huge surplus of crowns from the initial week when the cap was implemented, whether from saving or from exploiting the timezone exploit, and that basically allows them to cover any shortfalls for many weeks to come. A reset should have been done when the cap was implemented.

I hate it because it didn't get rid of that problem. I suspected it and just about noone believed me that it would make it worse. Glad someone like you was also able to realize that.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• GimceGimce Member
    And once a again a hush grew among the devs leaving a foul taste among its players of a sincere ..l., to everyone but the malcanthets siphoning cheats unhindered.

Seriously guys a "were looking into it." would be awesome instead of your regular silence.
  • GimceGimce Member
    Thank you.
  • Maybe all the rewards should be crown based, for example to get best reward you need to reach 10500 (max), and to get 2nd best reward 10300+, 3rd 10000+. Maybe a bit offtopic but just a suggestion. Nice to include orbs since they are pretty rare to get!
  • SorenSoren Member
    I for one, think we should cut the developers some slack. As a dev of other applications, I can imagine that it gets pretty annoying hearing that they aren't doing anything. They are always there.

@Joel, thanks for posting and watching and working to make the game better.
  • @joel @joveth

Are you adjusting the minimums required to get a guild reward per tier, or are you keeping them the same?

Previously for a 6k guild a member had to earn 100 crowns to participate in the guild reward. How does that change for a 7k or 8k guild?
  • seanluckyseanlucky Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @fredthedog the 100 minimum crowns is true for any tier of rewards. So 7k and 8k will still need 100 crowns minimum to get more than the participation reward.
  • Wasn't sure where to put this but seemed like as good as place as any since it likely has no chance of being implemented but have @Joveth @Joel thought about putting a leaderboard for the previous week guild tournement? I know I like to see who wins but am asleep when it ends. Also think it would help with guild pride and stuff since everyone could see the top guilds for a whole week whereas what we see now are the "crown savers" for the whole week who may or may not actually win the tournament they just have the most crowns over 210. It's not a fix to crown saving but it would help a little I guess.
  • @seanlucky thanks for the clarification. Does that minimum still make sense for a 1400 or 2000 tier though?
  • SorenSoren Member
    @Joveth @Joel - I think the suggestion from @bosscalvin is worth thinking about. It might avoid any anger from some of the 'crown savers' (as they've been nicknamed) by removing their hard earned crowns but it would allow the last weeks hard work to show for something.

Also, you could move the crowns that people have saved over the 210 to another spot of their profile, like a rainy day fund for if they miss, or reset them with a tiered reward...or allow someone to 'purchase' something with their extra crowns from the Shop.

Just spit balling here.
  • seanluckyseanlucky Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @fredthedog since the new rewards are already displaying in game. It would appear as if greater than 100 crowns is still required for any tier to receive more than the participation reward, including the 500 guild crown total tier reward.

This does seem to be a bit much for all tiered rewards that require less than 5,000 crowns. @Joel @Joveth
  • But even beginners should be able to reach 100 crowns per a week to get the guild reward. I've had level 12 people in my guild hit over 100 without any issue. Not sure I see the 100 crown limit to get guild rewards as a bad thing even for a guild that is still growing and only earning 2000 crowns for the week.
    GalakSS
  • What about token rotation for the guild and the tower rewards? :)
  • LordLeon wrote: »
    What about token rotation for the guild and the tower rewards? :)
    I don't like token rotation for everyone because people that don't have those heroes 6 starred really want those kira and yorick tokens since there's no other reliable way to get them.

What I would like is for it to work like the portals. Once a hero is maxed you don't get tokens for that hero anymore. So if you have a maxed yorick then the tower gives you tokens for another hero instead. Same with guild rewards (and for that matter, same with PVP rewards). Alternatively, an appropriate amount of gems could be a substitute reward if that's easier to implement.

That way people still collecting tokens for that hero don't feel cheated and people that don't need tokens for that hero get something they find equally worthwhile.
    centralcommand