Hero Spotlight: Hansuke Undying

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited April 2016 in Hero Spotlights
An eerie green mist is descending upon the dungeons, signaling the approach of Hansuke Undying. This skeletal swordsman will be jumping into the fray soon!

toky4iuudj9k.png

Background: Cursed to eternal unlife, Hansuke roams the world protecting the weak in death as he did in life.

Most Hated Heroes: Torchy & Icebloom

Element: NATURE: +30% bonus against WATER enemies and -25% vs FIRE enemies.

Tags: UNDEAD ARMORED WARRIOR

Traits:
  • Master of Combat: Armored Hero that cannot miss nor be dodged.
  • Kenjutsu: 20% chance to parry an attack [block damage].
  • Lifeless: Immune to Poison and Disease.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Slash: Basic physical melee attack
  • Vigilance: Enters a defensive stance where he has a chance to jump in front of any ally being attacked by a single target attack. Also, gives him a chance to counter attacks on him or when he jumps in front of an ally.
Next Ascension

Required Evos:
  • Nature Evo: 45
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 18
  • Fire Evo: 5
  • Bushido Evo: 2
New Traits!
  • Honor Guard: Will jump in front of a single target death blow attack on an ally.
  • Kenjutsu II: 25% chance to parry an attack [block damage].
New Ability!
  • Exposed Weakness: Melee Physical attack that ignores the target’s armor and will purge Taunt on target if it is active.

Next Ascension:
Required Evos:
  • Water Evo: 40
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 32
  • Mind’s Eye Evo: 4
  • Infinity Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Undying Loyalty: If killed when defending others, he will reincarnate on the next turn with +ATK and +DEF.
New Ability!
  • Wind of Consequences: Melee Physical attack an enemy and heals lowest health ally.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on

Comments

• woodkwoodk Member
    First! This guys looks awesome! And I think I have all of the ascension requirements! Hopefully won't be VIP exclusive. Maybe honor exclusive that'd be kinda cool
    Recently returned to DB. IGN: WKeytones
  • FoxboxesFoxboxes Member
    edited April 2016
    Ayo skele.

People will be glad it's not a simple Samurai reskin!
  • He looks so cool! Can't wait to see this guy in action! But why doesn't he have the undead trait? Wouldn't that make more sense?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • woodk wrote: »
    First! This guys looks awesome! And I think I have all of the ascension requirements! Hopefully won't be VIP exclusive. Maybe honor exclusive that'd be kinda cool

Doubt it, Malice is still a bit new to warrant a new VIP exclusive. - I love Malice; so I'd be glad to keep her exclusive a while.
  • ZombiZombi Member
    Looks ace. Why doesn't he have the UNDEAD tag though?
    Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

In Dungeon Boss, the bar for leadership is 500 gems, nothing more.
    "im nog suppries abort that antonia." [sic] - aNxem0n
  • Awesome thank you guys for all of this :)
  • @Greg, @Joel, 1 minute after you posted.

Joel is a snappy one. :lol:

:)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Foxboxes wrote: »
    These heroes need to start using some of the other less-used Celestial Evos! The past two heroes, This guy and Furnace each require 2 Bushidos. (I have no idea why Furnace requires Bushido evos anyways.)

I don't have an issue with evos personally, as I have an excess of all of them - but considering most players don't have that excess, using the same handful of evos over and over for each new hero makes it that much tougher. - And they aren't the more common celestial evos either!

When was the last time a new hero required Moonlight of Valkyrie evos?

I made a post about this a while back, it's hard to use those evos since their names make them very hard to include. I feel this guy could have at least used some Moonlight evos though...
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • ZombiZombi Member
    Greg wrote: »
    Note: He is tagged UNDEAD. I will have @Joel update the profile. Sorry for any confusion folks.

Good-good. Love my undead team!
    Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

In Dungeon Boss, the bar for leadership is 500 gems, nothing more.
    "im nog suppries abort that antonia." [sic] - aNxem0n
  • Sylfae wrote: »
    These heroes need to start using some of the other less-used Celestial Evos! The past two heroes, This guy and Furnace each require 2 Bushidos. (I have no idea why Furnace requires Bushido evos anyways.)

I don't have an issue with evos personally, as I have an excess of all of them - but considering most players don't have that excess, using the same handful of evos over and over for each new hero makes it that much tougher. - And they aren't the more common celestial evos either!

Bushido is understandable for this guy...Infinity though?

But can you explain Bushido Evos for The Furnace? I think not! haha.
  • it would make sense if he's in the honor portal with the whole samurai thing
    ye6sno06a996.gif
  • Hey, at least it's 4 Mind's Eye as opposed to 8, here's to the small victories!
    Sig13.png
  • Looks Awesome! And he shows that not all skeletons are villainous!
  • Question about his reincarnate ability - Undying Loyalty: If killed when defending others, he will reincarnate on the next turn with +ATK and +DEF.

This sounds like he comes back as himself not a gimp version like Ponti.

So 3 questions for @Joel

1. Does he come back as himself with all skills like normal with buff
    2. Can he reincarnate more than once if killed again defending
    3. If above happens does the buff stack (unlikely I would guess)

Thanks in advance and on first look this seems like you will be adding another tier of depth to PVP which is good and over at VIRAL we will be working hard to find ways to use and abuse the new fella!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Dear @Joel @Joveth, can he reincarnate only once per battle, and does it change his appearance, or can he reincarnate as many times as you can get him to die upon blocking an ally?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Gmanju wrote: »
    Sylfae wrote: »

It's the most used rare evo in the game so it's the hardest to aquire as many as you need. Perfect reason

I thought Astrals were in the biggest demand amongst rare celestials.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    PrezObama wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Traits:

Why does he not just have Armored and Perfect Swing? Isn't this asking for trouble with things like Therand's Armor Hunter? More room for bugs if you ask me.

My guess is that it's just to clean up his ability section so it isn't so messy.

Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• can Undying Loyalty work 3 times for the rest of the team? and even 4 /5 times if Leonidus / Emily are in your team as well?
    DB%20Synchro%20Sig%20Lamento87-01_zpscwpe7cwj.png
  • How many tokens you reckon will be full unlock?
  • Joel wrote: »
    He is really, most sincerely (un)dead.

A yes, I see that you added Undead to the traits!
  • Also, I have a question about vigilance. When he uses it, does its chance to counter increase? And when Hansuke is a friend hero, will vigilance be his shared ability?
  • PrezObama wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Traits:

Why does he not just have Armored and Perfect Swing? Isn't this asking for trouble with things like Therand's Armor Hunter? More room for bugs if you ask me.

My guess is that it's just to clean up his ability section so it isn't so messy.

It's inconsistent though. Takumi, Dhaegon and Rogar are all Armored with Perfect Swing. Give them all Master of Combat instead and this makes more sense.
  • ShtankyShtanky Member
    edited April 2016

It's the most used rare evo in the game so it's the hardest to aquire as many as you need. Perfect reason

I have 11 Ascensions remaining for my full roster, and require 0 Infinity Evos to complete them.

On the flipside I need 27 Runed Evos, 16 Mind's Eye, 9 Shadow, 8 Astral ...

I'm actually posting this to see if somehow I missed something and should have obtained above Evos sooner?