Hero Spotlight: Hansuke Undying

Comments

• ZerniumZernium Member
    edited April 2016
    Soren wrote: »
    Hey Boss Fight guys

First, let me just say this hero looks awesome and I'm hoping I unlock him later this weekend.

I have a few questions regarding his "25% chance to parry":

I am using Masuta Kira and I just used Dim Mak, which dealt 0 damage. Ok...that's fine. I didn't catch that he blocked it...like the words most heroes show when they dodge or miss or revenge...however, it does show in his stats that he has Nerve Damage so it definitely hit him.

Then I used Vibrating Palm which says it "cannot be reflected or mitigated in any way"....again 0 damage?? Sometimes, I see people dodge this which is fine but otherwise, I think it should hit him, no? Maybe it's because it is Spirit based? Dim Mak, is not spirit based.

Edit: He was also frozen, thanks to a friend's Igorok for at least one of these...can't remember which one.

Now he is on fire thanks to Ignus, but he just took 0 damage on the end of a turn while he was on fire...maybe he can block that too, seems unlikely that should be allowed?

Maybe I am missing something and I will go back and read his Spotlight carefully. Can anyone else try this out and see what you get?

Devs: please chime in here as well. Cheers, keep up the great work!

His parry is for damage only...so that makes sense that he would still have the debuff. As for vibrating Palm, I bet the Devs forgot about it, and since parry is a new mechanic, they forgot to allow vibrating Palm to hit every time.

Zernium
  • Pulled him with my last 300 gems :3 He is bamf, love him. Haven't even made use of him yet or ascended him either.
  • Spent all of my free summons but no Full Unlock yet. Anyone have him 6* that could talk about his viability in PvP? And could post his stats screen? Interested to see his health pool!

Mustybadger
  • @bblues great, I'll put them on now.

One thing I forgot though, what are the cooldowns on his specials?
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • @MaCoPi

Vigilance 7
    Exposed Weakness 5
    Wind of Consequences 5
    Sig13.png
  • rla8m1p58nsj.jpg
    phpb8qwzqv7o.gif
    We Raid Far Right
    rh8t92shq99a.jpg

• This guy just made my day, Hope to unlock him soon for the Undead Team.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Zernium wrote: »
    Hey Boss Fight guys

First, let me just say this hero looks awesome and I'm hoping I unlock him later this weekend.

I am using Masuta Kira and I just used Dim Mak, which dealt 0 damage. Ok...that's fine. I didn't catch that he blocked it...like the words most heroes show when they dodge or miss or revenge...however, it does show in his stats that he has Nerve Damage so it definitely hit him.

Then I used Vibrating Palm which says it "cannot be reflected or mitigated in any way"....again 0 damage?? Sometimes, I see people dodge this which is fine but otherwise, I think it should hit him, no? Maybe it's because it is Spirit based? Dim Mak, is not spirit based.

Edit: He was also frozen, thanks to a friend's Igorok for at least one of these...can't remember which one.

Now he is on fire thanks to Ignus, but he just took 0 damage on the end of a turn while he was on fire...maybe he can block that too, seems unlikely that should be allowed?

Maybe I am missing something and I will go back and read his Spotlight carefully. Can anyone else try this out and see what you get?

His parry is for damage only...so that makes sense that he would still have the debuff. As for vibrating Palm, I bet the Devs forgot about it, and since parry is a new mechanic, they forgot to allow vibrating Palm to hit every time.

vibrating palm can be dodged and it can miss, but the damage it inflicts can't be lessened by defense buffs or be reflected back.
    ye6sno06a996.gif
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    bjthrutch wrote: »
    Zernium wrote: »
    Hey Boss Fight guys

vibrating palm can be dodged and it can miss, but the damage it inflicts can't be lessened by defense buffs or be reflected back.

Vibrating palm should be a move that always deals damage and always hits. Would be a cool addition and mechanic.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator

Vibrating palm should be a move that always deals damage and always hits. Would be a cool addition and mechanic.

Kinda like Aerial Ace from Pokemon, or Swift!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
    This may be the first hero I don't get when he comes out... I haven't had a gray unlocked hero in my party for so long, I'm scared...
  • Well second summon and got him. Looks amazing. Excited... But just used all my bushidos for shadow and minds eye for indigo. Luckily I don't need to go infinity farming.
    Current Level: 70! King of the hill!
    IGN MooCopYT
    Shared Hero: Kira
    Favourite Hero: Mausta Kira (6* and runed up to 3k attack!)
    Officer in Spud Brigade
  • He's very... Odd. He only seems to take normal non aoe attacks and I've never had him absorb a death blow yet. I have to wonder if certain things aren't incorrectly interacting with him.

Devs can can you confirm if he should take specials for other chars and/or AoEs? Thanks
  • Did 3 heroics and nothing.
    I must have him. I want him sooo bad!
    In-game level: 6x
    Shared Hero: Phenol Thoxian ★★★★★★
    Favourite Heroes: Phenol Thoxian, Shadowblade, Samurai Takumi, King Yorick, Sir William, Overlord Executum
  • FlakknightFlakknight Member
    edited April 2016
    Sylfae wrote: »
    It specifically says he intervenes in single target attacks.

Ah missed that, IG tooltip says 'any ally being attacked'.

Has anyone seen him take a special attack? I haven't really seen him do that yet. Might just be dumb luck but I've only ever had him take regular attacks under vigilance.

Actually, it's only when he uses his Vigilance, and even then it's only a chance. He will, however, block all non-AoE attacks that would kill an ally without needing to Crit without fail. So technically allies can't die while he's alive unless you kill them with Crits or AoE.

A bit more on the Crit thing, I know this because of the description of the M level. He can't predict whether attacks will Crit or not, so if an attack would kill an ally if it was a Crit, but wouldn't normally, he won't block it - Even if it ends up Critting and killing his ally.
  • I'm ok,this guy looks so cool,but since the update has arrived,the game no longer works and it comes from the server... I'm not the only one with this error. I would be sad to miss this heroe.
  • PrezObamaPrezObama Member
    edited April 2016

Actually, it's only when he uses his Vigilance, and even then it's only a chance. He will, however, block all non-AoE attacks that would kill an ally without needing to Crit without fail. So technically allies can't die while he's alive unless you kill them with Crits or AoE.

A bit more on the Crit thing, I know this because of the description of the M level. He can't predict whether attacks will Crit or not, so if an attack would kill an ally if it was a Crit, but wouldn't normally, he won't block it - Even if it ends up Critting and killing his ally.

Thanks, I didn't understand what the heck the (M) description was getting at. It's kind of weird that this is the case since the text for Honor Guard reads in a way that crits have nothing to do with it. I imagine we will see a ton of bug reports after the event ends.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • I just encountered a fully ascended six star level 55 of this character in PVP and all of my normal undead killers were putting up zeroes against him - not light damage: zeroes. Was that a fluke or am I missing something? If he parried the attacks, it wasn't clear on screen and that would help.
  • I like to get some Shock on him. Even if he parried, he still takes some damage. Even had a chance to kill the person he's protecting. Bwahahahah.
    I'd normally put my stats here, but don't see the point as the forum will be empty soon...
  • So interestingly if he dies an honorable death (protecting ally vs death blow) but all the chars on the time die anyway before the next round the fight ends and he does not res. Is that intended?
  • I was right! it was an undead version of takumi!
    jg2nvhx3ow9e.png

IGN: deadfish3888
    Guild: LPC
    Power: 43085
    Dungeons completed: 484
    Dungeon Boss Discord Server!!!
    https://discord.gg/VAtc6G2
    JOIN!!!
  • twelvepacktwelvepack Member
    edited April 2016
    58 heroic summons and I have still not got this guy. :(
  • Nice I just pulled him with my ToP winnings. It'll be awhile before I can ascend him though :/
    Gmanju wrote: »
    twelvepack wrote: »

Open up the heroic portal and count how many heroes are there, come back and let me know.

58 pulls should always pull a featured hero at least once if you ask me...
  • 4tom4tom Member
    RNG is spiteful sometimes. I tried a 10x pull, didn't get him and moved onto just hunting his tokens (got 95 so far). I'll get his unlock sometime in the future I'm sure.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Sylfae wrote: »
    My usual advice is to hold off pulling the heroic portal as much as you can until everything from normal campaign and gold portal is 6 starred. If you're a glutton for punishment, hold off until everything from challenge campaign is 6 starred too. That's the way to maximise the value of your gems.

In general I agree. However, when there is a special event, getting that initial unlock is valuable. For Hansuke, I could wait if my first few pulls didn't get him. However, when Furnace or Zomm come to town, I will drop every gem I have to get their initial unlock.

• Gmanju wrote: »

Open up the heroic portal and count how many heroes are there, come back and let me know.

I just unlocked him with tokens. Sometimes the RNG is just not in your favor, featured or not. I just had an incredible run of bad luck, no hard feelings about it. It isn't like I didn't get any benefits from all those summons, either.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Gmanju wrote: »

I just unlocked him with tokens. Sometimes the RNG is just not in your favor, featured or not. I just had an incredible run of bad luck, no hard feelings about it. It isn't like I didn't get any benefits from all those summons, either.

So you did find him in chests. You see a full unlock and just some tokens still count as a featured hero being pulled. I got him on pull #10 but I also only have 5 heroes left in the portal. So statistically I had middlish bad luck here. I have notoriously bad luck with summons. I didn't even see an Icebloom token for about 60 pulls when she was released so I feel ya man.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly