Hero Spotlight: Hansuke Undying

124»

Comments

• twelvepack wrote: »
    Gmanju wrote: »
    twelvepack wrote: »
    58 heroic summons and I have still not got this guy. :(

Open up the heroic portal and count how many heroes are there, come back and let me know.

58 pulls should always pull a featured hero at least once if you ask me...

I just unlocked him with tokens. Sometimes the RNG is just not in your favor, featured or not. I just had an incredible run of bad luck, no hard feelings about it. It isn't like I didn't get any benefits from all those summons, either.

So you did find him in chests. You see a full unlock and just some tokens still count as a featured hero being pulled. I got him on pull #10 but I also only have 5 heroes left in the portal. So statistically I had middlish bad luck here. I have notoriously bad luck with summons. I didn't even see an Icebloom token for about 60 pulls when she was released so I feel ya man.

No, I never got him from a chest. I bought the event packages (forget how many tokens that was), and I completed all the event quests. Got lucky and got a gold or purple chest in the last dungeon on the last day I could get tokens for him to reach 100 and unlock him.
  • SorenSoren Member
    Soren wrote: »
    Hey Boss Fight guys

First, let me just say this hero looks awesome and I'm hoping I unlock him later this weekend.

I have a few questions regarding his "25% chance to parry":

I am using Masuta Kira and I just used Dim Mak, which dealt 0 damage. Ok...that's fine. I didn't catch that he blocked it...like the words most heroes show when they dodge or miss or revenge...however, it does show in his stats that he has Nerve Damage so it definitely hit him.

Then I used Vibrating Palm which says it "cannot be reflected or mitigated in any way"....again 0 damage?? Sometimes, I see people dodge this which is fine but otherwise, I think it should hit him, no? Maybe it's because it is Spirit based? Dim Mak, is not spirit based.

Edit: He was also frozen, thanks to a friend's Igorok for at least one of these...can't remember which one.

Now he is on fire thanks to Ignus, but he just took 0 damage on the end of a turn while he was on fire...maybe he can block that too, seems unlikely that should be allowed?

Maybe I am missing something and I will go back and read his Spotlight carefully. Can anyone else try this out and see what you get?

Devs: please chime in here as well. Cheers, keep up the great work!

Just want to bring this back up to you guys @joel and @HaxusBloodbane
  • Edge_HogEdge_Hog Member
    edited April 2016
    I've been trying to get him but no luck, welp.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @Soren, we're looking into that parrying issue. Thanks for the heads up!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • woodkwoodk Member
    Question: If you already have a hero maxed out in a portal do the chances of fully unlocking them become less therefore the other heroes chances go up? That seems to be the case by a few comments I've read but could anyone confirm this?
    Recently returned to DB. IGN: WKeytones
  • urrrurrr Member
    Love this guy!
  • So freakin annoying to face in pvp when he gets his ability off.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I love the fact he gets coated in arrows. An undead archer is needed now to make it more canonical.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Water_godWater_god Member
    edited April 2016
    Foxboxes wrote: »
    Wait a second.............
    kr7d9i8cvqpq.png
    ................................................... this made me freeze in my chair for a sec

shared hero: masuta kira
    newish player:please send me some guild invites! in game name:thebrutal_one.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Water_god wrote: »
    kr7d9i8cvqpq.png
    ................................................... this made me freeze in my chair for a sec

Clearly the resemblance is absolutely uncanny. I cannot tell them apart...
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Here's my postmortem:

Hansuke is a great design destroyed by a few minor bugs or oddities and lack of meaningful synergy in the current meta.

PvP post the hp change has become silence enemy disable into your own and AoE down. Hansuke came into the game nigh useless because of Torchy who can negate any normal speed hero that might let him get off vigilance.

PvE, he just isn't a tank. He has no real niche to fill besides undead teams and even then he's a worse choice usually because if you need a tanked team and to run undead, Executum has the five round taunt.

Fixing him for PvP right now would be tough but a good start would be to make his passive be intercept debuffs instead of death blow natively. Make vigilance the same length/energy as a taunt and add deathblow protection to that skill. This let's him sac for silences and gives him a purpose.

For PvE it's tough but I think with the above changes giving him "kinda taunt" with similar duration and energy cost would go a long way to making him viable as a hybrid tank over purely defensive characters
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Flakknight wrote: »
    Here's my postmortem:

Hansuke is a great design destroyed by a few minor bugs or oddities and lack of meaningful synergy in the current meta.

PvP post the hp change has become silence enemy disable into your own and AoE down. Hansuke came into the game nigh useless because of Torchy who can negate any normal speed hero that might let him get off vigilance.

PvE, he just isn't a tank. He has no real niche to fill besides undead teams and even then he's a worse choice usually because if you need a tanked team and to run undead, Executum has the five round taunt.

Fixing him for PvP right now would be tough but a good start would be to make his passive be intercept debuffs instead of death blow natively. Make vigilance the same length/energy as a taunt and add deathblow protection to that skill. This let's him sac for silences and gives him a purpose.

For PvE it's tough but I think with the above changes giving him "kinda taunt" with similar duration and energy cost would go a long way to making him viable as a hybrid tank over purely defensive characters

Isn't he a tank in the sense that if he dies guarding an ally he comes back?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Water_god wrote: »
    kr7d9i8cvqpq.png

*bows*
    DB%20Synchro%20Sig%20Fox%20Paladin%20Aug-01-01_zps1kp61yun.png
    Guildmaster 2.0 of Synchronicity
  • Foxboxes wrote: »
    Water_god wrote: »
    kr7d9i8cvqpq.png

*bows*

bows? what does that mean?
    shared hero: masuta kira
    newish player:please send me some guild invites! in game name:thebrutal_one.
  • @Water_god - A bow like after you do a performance, you bow in front of the audience. - It was referring to the masterpiece comparison of Hansuke's photo and Minecraft Skeletons.
    DB%20Synchro%20Sig%20Fox%20Paladin%20Aug-01-01_zps1kp61yun.png
    Guildmaster 2.0 of Synchronicity
  • I recently summoned Hansuke and this may be a ridiculous question but if you do not have him ascended yet and use him as your shared friend hero, does the second ability work for friends or not?
  • I recently summoned Hansuke and this may be a ridiculous question but if you do not have him ascended yet and use him as your shared friend hero, does the second ability work for friends or not?

Yes it does, it is the same concept as Sir William
    Andre4897
  • @Joel I have a question about Hansuke. When he is revived after an "honorable death," how much exactly does his Attack and Defense go up? Also, does his undying loyalty attack and defense buffs stack?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Just found this thread. I'm glad that there are some others who feel that Hansuke needs to be fixed to make him anchor a good core undead team (without relying on two slow guys)! And also just so people stop calling him "Hansucky" behind his back. Here's one suggestion:
    Give him a solid chance (~50%) to REFLECT all ranged attacks. Not deflect, reflect - as in block and direct it back at the enemy. That will neutralize the obvious strategy of having Masuta death blossom first move against the undead team, and force the opponent to play a melee strategy. Give the dead guys a chance to live past round 1!
  • @Yarkloff are you serious? With a high'ish level epic and decent runes Hansuke is a staple on an undead team.
  • I finally got Hansuke fully ascended and really like him on a team with Overlord, Zomm and Brom. Whole team gets X2 scourge damage and lifesteal. I do need to get his rune situation sorted out a bit better, but that is doable. I would like to see @Zombi and @Starskream make a video for him, as their others have been so good, to get some tips!
  • I love this guy! I love the design of this character undead samurai!!! He is my favorite character in game, so I give him extra love working on him.

At first Hansuke seems pretty weak compare to my other undead characters. (Plus he's only at 4 stars while Zomm, Brom, Yorik, and Executum are at 6 stars. Hansuke hit like a wet noodles while can't take much damage compare to the other 4. But since he's my favorite so I start working on him with his epic weapon and runes.

Man I'm super impressed with him now. He's super strong and tough to kill now even at 4 stars with his parry ability, high defense, counter attack from vigilance, epic proc to buff whole team defense, protect teammate from damage/kill, 5 turn attack heal, never miss even when daze, immune to poison and disease, and decent damage output. Honor death is amazing, I love the concept of reviving back after 1 turn with even more power!

Overall, he is a really really strong character. He can work with any team set up, not just undead team. My strong set up beside undead team is Zen, Hansuke, Bromm, and Ponti.
124»