Hero Spotlight: Shadow Queen Daeris

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited May 2016 in Hero Spotlights
c16ot7zbtb0g.png

Background: Daeris's clan of female dark elves are well-known for their black magical arrows that steal living essence from others.

Most Hated Hero: Yokozuna

Element: DARK: 30% bonus against LIGHT enemies

Tags: Magical Elf Rogue

Traits:
  • Magical: Takes less damage from non-physical attacks
  • Highly Resistant: +25% Resistance to Poison, Burn, Shock, and Disease.
  • Man Eater: +50% damage vs Male Heroes
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Shoot: Basic ranged physical attack
  • Purple Rain of Sorrow: Ranged Physical attack showers enemies with arrows, all damage done is unhealable.
Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Fire Evo Larva: 40
  • Dark Evo: 22
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 6
  • Arcane Evo: 4
New Trait!
  • Man Eater II: +75% damage vs Male Heroes
  • Leach Master: Lifesteals on any CRIT.
New Ability!
  • Debilitating Shot: Arrow attack that lowers targets ATK, DEF, SKL, and CRIT
Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 20
  • Fire Evo Monarch: 18
  • Mind's Eye Evo: 8
  • Diamond Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Leach Master II: Lifesteals on any CRIT.
New Ability!
  • Vampiric Arrow Barrage: Arrow attack that hits all enemies simultaneously and Daeris heals a % of damage done.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Did anyone else summon her and get the summon screen with Malice and the message "You have summoned Malice"?
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
    Guild chat tells me that two people got the Rocky summon screen when summoning Daeris... Looks like there is a bug but it's just an incorrect summon screen (i.e. Daeris is correctly summoned and at 1*).
  • I got the Queen Daeris one. I think this hero will sit in my roster to mature in stars before I honestly get to use her properly.
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • stroopstroop Member
    I got same as Edson and completely agree with him interesting to get a new one star hero but will be a while till usefull
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Guild chat tells me that two people got the Rocky summon screen when summoning Daeris... Looks like there is a bug but it's just an incorrect summon screen (i.e. Daeris is correctly summoned and at 1*).

what a weird bug! We'll investigate, but glad to know it's just visual! Thanks for reporting and congrats on getting her!
  • Yeah @Joveth, It's not really a huge deal as it's only the animation trigger. If it's any indicator I think it's an off by one on the animation trigger because rocky was the character to her left.
  • @Joveth any chance we could know how many guilds completed the quests?
  • Water_godWater_god Member
    edited May 2016
    BrockARock wrote: »
    Yeah @Joveth, It's not really a huge deal as it's only the animation trigger. If it's any indicator I think it's an off by one on the animation trigger because rocky was the character to her left.

seeing is believing...
    I have the strangest feeling that this hero is sexist...
    shared hero: masuta kira
    newish player:please send me some guild invites! in game name:thebrutal_one.
  • BrockARock wrote: »
    Yeah @Joveth, It's not really a huge deal as it's only the animation trigger. If it's any indicator I think it's an off by one on the animation trigger because rocky was the character to her left.

I think you're right, because mine said I summoned Hansuke, and he way to the left.
  • KidhakKidhak Member
    Mine said I summoned Bramble .. woooohooo .. only to be very bitterly disappointed. Ah well.
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • Wow! A maximum of 1,800 people have the latest hero. That's actually a lot.

By the way, amazing job on this event. You guys works hard on it, I can tell. I think it payed off.
  • heelerheeler Member
    edited May 2016
    Daeris looks like a lot of fun! My summon screen said Augustus, but, like others have said, it is just visual, and I got Daeris. Now I need to go evo hunting!
    Post edited by heeler on
  • RiftRift Member
    @Joveth Will there be any other ways to get her in the future?
  • Edson123676Edson123676 Member
    edited May 2016
    This bug all here are mentioning has been around as long as I can remember. I've been playing since last August when DB was released globally. I was fortunate to get the Queen Daeris summons screen. I remember Summoning Ponti and getting the Kobal summons screen. I was worried. Lol
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • Thanks for making us work our **** off for a hero that is technically too weak to be used for more than likely months until she gets enough tokens to be atleast 3 star
  • HintedforyouHintedforyou Member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for making us work our **** off for a hero that is technically too weak to be used for more than likely months until she gets enough tokens to be atleast 3 star

Actually a valid point. Only level 60's and above are able to do the VH to get tokens. Then we get a 1* hero with no knowledge of when the next event will be.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• Even at 1 star she is awesome does a truckload of damage. Bring on the VH dungeons!
    Bring back the original Heroic and VIP portals.

New players the chances of getting a hero to 6* after the portal change is nil. If you obtain VIP5 and gain access to the VIP portal maximizing a new hero costs approximately $550.
  • Missing Elf synergy ability?

Also can you tell me if the following characters have 'gender' or are they just non-tagged:

Furnace
    Ekko
    Leonidus
    Mangle Jaw (says 'it' in description)
    Rocky (says 'it' as well)
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I got the correct summon screen.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Did anyone else summon her and get the summon screen with Malice and the message "You have summoned Malice"?

Seriously? At this point you need to be surprised when there isn't bugs lol can't believe I ever spent a dime on this half **** operation you call a game.
  • More Diamond and Arcane evos?! Whats wrong with half the evos in the game that you don't ever use them any more? The last new hero to take any of the older evos was Augustus.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • Joveth wrote: »
    bosscalvin wrote: »
    @Joveth any chance we could know how many guilds completed the quests?

36 Guilds were able to finish both quests and got Daeris, a Heroic Summon, and 200 Orbs.
    210 Guilds were able to finish the first quest and got a Heroic Summon and 200 Orbs.

well done folks!

Thanks! How many guilds in total are there now?
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • release 2 new heros this month!!! wwwwwwwwoooooooooohhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    shared hero: masuta kira
    newish player:please send me some guild invites! in game name:thebrutal_one.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Water_god wrote: »
    release 2 new heros this month!!! wwwwwwwwoooooooooohhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

That would be a rare occurrence. However it may happen seeing as Daeris is unlockable in a unique way. The only month we ever saw two heroes released in the standard format was December with Augustus and Icebloom.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Does anyone have hero card pictures? I'm interested in seeing what she looks like I'm the roster... Even though she probably just has the same splash art as the event cover did and the same passives she did in the event (aside from all those immunities)...
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • db_pundb_pun Member
    Thanks for making us work our **** off for a hero that is technically too weak to be used for more than likely months until she gets enough tokens to be atleast 3 star

You had to complete a total of 2 dungeons. Hard work isn't what it used to be...

And they clearly stated at the beginning it would be 10 tokens (implied 1-star hero) as the reward.
  • Who the heck is going around flagging random comments as abuse?
    KashHatton
    KashHatton wrote: »
    Who the heck is going around flagging random comments as abuse?

Most of them should be cleared up by now (but please let a mod know if you see any more).