Hero Spotlight: Shadow Queen Daeris

Comments

• Yeah I got the animation of unlocking Indigo but Daeris was summoned correctly. Still haven't unlocked Indigo so I can confirm it is just a visual bug when unlocking.
    DB%20Synchro%20Sig%20Lamento87-01_zpscwpe7cwj.png
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    @JackHallow666
    Does anyone have hero card pictures? I'm interested in seeing what she looks like I'm the roster... Even though she probably just has the same splash art as the event cover did and the same passives she did in the event (aside from all those immunities)...
    Shadow Queen Daeris - Review
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Flakknight wrote: »
    Missing Elf synergy ability?

Also can you tell me if the following characters have 'gender' or are they just non-tagged:

Furnace
    Ekko
    Leonidus
    Mangle Jaw (says 'it' in description)
    Rocky (says 'it' as well)

everything that is not obviously female, except lupina, is male.
    shared hero: masuta kira
    newish player:please send me some guild invites! in game name:thebrutal_one.
  • BlothBloth Member
    Why are all the new heroes requiring the same Celestial evos ? Shadow, Diamond, Runed, Minds Eye. There are another 12-14 evos to pick from.
  • KidhakKidhak Member
    cos they are the hardest to get?
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • Kidhak wrote: »

Then what's the point of having all the other celestials even if these ones are the hardest to get?
  • HakonaHakona Member
    edited May 2016
    brinstar wrote: »
    Kidhak wrote: »

Then what's the point of having all the other celestials even if these ones are the hardest to get?

to spend more time playing..... or goes the fast way :*

great trait btw, unfortunately not on my list :*

5fzg6P6.jpg
  • CommanderrenCommanderren Member
    edited May 2016
    lol male eater traits

She is strong independent woman that need no man
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• brinstar wrote: »
    Kidhak wrote: »

I understand the rare ones, but Mind's Eye? It's in the common group, but they stopped using Stormwind, Valkyrie, Jeweled, Brawny, Incindiary, Moonlight, etc a long time ago. Augustus took Jeweled, he was the last hero released that took any of these other common celestials. Every new hero released takes Mind's Eye or Runed as their common celestial evo.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • KashHatton wrote: »
    The event also had the (I think positive, overall) side effect of exposing weak guilds and players.
    I'm not talking about not being able to complete the dungeons.
    I'm talking about players who abandoned their guilds or guilds who kicked players for the sake of a 1* hero.

Those guilds/players were eventually going to screw you over anyway. Might as well find out now.

Who the heck is going around flagging random comments as abuse?

I don't see any flags. They must have been cleared already. But which comment was flagged? Was it the comment categorizing people as "weak" (name calling) ? I would think that does qualify as abuse. Its pretty easy for someone to make statements like that when they have the hero. I sure hope that they individually completed all 4 dungeons, before calling those who wanted this hero and found themselves sitting in an unprepared situation, "weak".

A dungeon so hard that had Haxus ranting, should have been rewarded on an individual basis.

People were shuffling guilds because it was never stated when forming guilds to make sure you have a quarter of your players be high end because there are events coming down the line where they will be needed. Everything had been centered around crown quests.

Was the reward worthless? We don't know what kind of token events will be available to upgrade the queen. The one star might not be that way too long, and getting her now might be well worth it. But not enough is known now to make a definitive worth statement right now. She may be worthless for quite some time, or token events will be coming out of the woodwork next week. Who knows?

As far as guilds screwing anybody over, that's being done to high trophy- high hero power players all the time who miss one crown quest during the week, so I don't know where you can say what happened this weekend is any worse.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    She doesn't use any of the commonly feminine Evos like Earth Sisters or Valkyrie? Darn.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • omegathree wrote: »
    KashHatton wrote: »
    The event also had the (I think positive, overall) side effect of exposing weak guilds and players.
    I'm talking about players who abandoned their guilds or guilds who kicked players for the sake of a 1* hero.

Those guilds/players were eventually going to screw you over anyway. Might as well find out now.

I don't see any flags. They must have been cleared already. But which comment was flagged? Was it the comment categorizing people as "weak" (name calling) ? I would think that does qualify as abuse. Its pretty easy for someone to make statements like that when they have the hero. I sure hope that they individually completed all 4 dungeons, before calling those who wanted this hero and found themselves sitting in an unprepared situation, "weak".

A dungeon so hard that had Haxus ranting, should have been rewarded on an individual basis.

People were shuffling guilds because it was never stated when forming guilds to make sure you have a quarter of your players be high end because there are events coming down the line where they will be needed. Everything had been centered around crown quests.

Was the reward worthless? We don't know what kind of token events will be available to upgrade the queen. The one star might not be that way too long, and getting her now might be well worth it. But not enough is known now to make a definitive worth statement right now. She may be worthless for quite some time, or token events will be coming out of the woodwork next week. Who knows?

As far as guilds screwing anybody over, that's being done to high trophy- high hero power players all the time who miss one crown quest during the week, so I don't know where you can say what happened this weekend is any worse.

No. It was just a bunch of random comments in various threads. They have been removed now.
    KashHatton
    omegathree wrote: »
    KashHatton wrote: »

No. It was just a bunch of random comments in various threads. They have been removed now.

To address a couple of your other points: Weak not as in a weak person, but as in weak loyalty. A weak bond between guild and player. that's not an insult. It's an accurate description.
    As for the high-end guilds screwing people over because of missing crowns? No. The players in high-end guilds made an obligation (to get the required crowns) in exchange for sharing in the rewards of a top guild. getting kicked for not meeting your obligations is not getting screwed over.

I made no claim that the Queen was worthless. Just that she was a one star hero.

KashHatton
    To address a couple of your other points: Weak not as in a weak person, but as in weak loyalty. A weak bond between guild and player. that's not an insult. It's an accurate description.
    As for the high-end guilds screwing people over because of missing crowns? No. The players in high-end guilds made an obligation (to get the required crowns) in exchange for sharing in the rewards of a top guild. getting kicked for not meeting your obligations is not getting screwed over.
    It surprises me that you defend high-end guilds but claim guilds or players that want to fully participate in Guild Wars have weak loyalty. The bottom line: the rules have changed. Guilds and players have to redefine their relationships. Earning crowns is no longer the only factor in joining a guild.

Hypothetically, what if joining a guild was solely social and then BF introduced crowns. Would you question the loyalty of the players or the guilds if they left or were kicked because they couldn't be top tier? Let the dust settle and know that the status quo was changed because of the addition of level locks.
  • Yes. I say they are weak for nearly instantly abandoning their guilds or members. There are other ways to handle this and maintain guild integrity.
    For example: Split the guild into two sister guilds. One win the high end players (which would now have room for recruitment) and one for developing players.
    Developing players would not be "thrown away" and would still get to participate in some parts of the events. High end players have a better opportunity for the top rewards. The family stays intact and everyone gets to participate to their maximum.
    KashHatton
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited May 2016
    @KashHatton
    And for the guilds that have NO high level players?

And BTW, you just mentioned the choice guilds have to make: participating or non-participating. You suggested 2 guilds but ultimately this is a choice of 2 paths.
  • Those are unlikely in the extreme to recruit the high level players they would need for top tier rewards in any case. Why would you leave your guild or kick members when your chances of getting put into a high level guild or recruiting enough high level members is virtually nil?
    KashHatton
  • For new guilds the 60 level requirement was tough. There has to be a better way.
  • New guilds shouldn't be able to get the best rewards. I've played plenty of mmos or RPGs and when I first start I don't expect to get the best stuff even if there is an event going on. Even if the game has something akin to guilds usually you join a rookie one early on and don't plan on or expect to get amazing stuff from the get go. And you shouldn't have hat expectation.
  • Kash, you are completely wrong. Just because the potato army doesn't kick people and you guys are all best buddies doesn't mean high end guilds are like that. I, for example, was kicked from a top guild around a month or 2 ago for not doing the crown glitch, and I got 210 crowns that week. Also, I missed a single quest in level 50 daily players guild due to a family situation and Jim commerford told me not to worry about it and that it was ok, and then he kicked me after lying to my face. So, yes high end guilds screw good players over.
  • Kash, you are completely wrong. Just because the potato army doesn't kick people and you guys are all best buddies doesn't mean high end guilds are like that. I, for example, was kicked from a top guild around a month or 2 ago for not doing the crown glitch, and I got 210 crowns that week. Also, I missed a single quest in level 50 daily players guild due to a family situation and Jim commerford told me not to worry about it and that it was ok, and then he kicked me after lying to my face. So, yes high end guilds screw good players over.

Yes. They do. We saw this over the event as well. I never said th they did not. I said that weak guilds do it.
    My comment about it not being "screwed over" to get kicked for missing crowns you had agreed to get was simply a response o the previous commenter who said that, in and of itself, *was* getting screwed over.
    KashHatton
  • BennyTots wrote: »
    New guilds shouldn't be able to get the best rewards. I've played plenty of mmos or RPGs and when I first start I don't expect to get the best stuff even if there is an event going on. Even if the game has something akin to guilds usually you join a rookie one early on and don't plan on or expect to get amazing stuff from the get go. And you shouldn't have hat expectation.
    BennyTots wrote: »
    New guilds shouldn't be able to get the best rewards. I've played plenty of mmos or RPGs and when I first start I don't expect to get the best stuff even if there is an event going on. Even if the game has something akin to guilds usually you join a rookie one early on and don't plan on or expect to get amazing stuff from the get go. And you shouldn't have hat expectation.

That does not seem like one of best Heros. Around for two months and we are hitting 7k. Give lower levels a shot at beating the dungeon at least. No big deal, just odd for first guild event.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    BTW devs. Keep her rare and hard to get. Don't put her in the portal, not even VIP, and just let player skill allow us to unlock her.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• KidhakKidhak Member
    Is it just me or is "Purple rain of sorrow" a cool little pop culture reference/props to Prince. (And possibly Bowie). I love these little flamboyant touches in this game.
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • This may sound stupid. But considering that her first ability is called PURPLE RAIN of SORROW, was this hero made to honor the death of Prince with the song Purple Rain by Prince in the name of an ability?
    Puns are a crime against humanity.

Dissing off the Philidelphia 76ers since 2015.
    This may sound stupid. But considering that her first ability is called PURPLE RAIN of SORROW, was this hero made to honor the death of Prince with the song Purple Rain by Prince in the name of an ability?

The hero takes much longer to create, test, and release than that. Daeris was probably in planning over half a year before she was released.
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    This may sound stupid. But considering that her first ability is called PURPLE RAIN of SORROW, was this hero made to honor the death of Prince with the song Purple Rain by Prince in the name of an ability?

The hero takes much longer to create, test, and release than that. Daeris was probably in planning over half a year before she was released.

There is no way Purple Rain of Sorrow is not a reference to Prince's death. I'm sure they had her planned well ahead of his demise, but my guess is that there was a game-time decision to change the skill's name after he passed.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• @HaxusBloodbane ok, thanks

@bvs72 You are just freaking cruel...
    Puns are a crime against humanity.

Dissing off the Philidelphia 76ers since 2015.
    bvs72 wrote: »

Do you think they could have murdered Prince to benefit DB?

I'm on Twitter regularly