Update: The Tower of PWNage Just Got Better!

Comments

• hplchplc Member
    If you could post before and after pics with time stamps that would be greatly appreciate @iTPCi.
    hplc
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    Majspaj wrote: »
    It is a very nice change for me as a low level player. I dont have to face these 6-8+ level higher bait teams like BD 6* Masuta Kira 6* , it means I have to use less heroes for bait.

ya those Level 6-8+ level heroes wont be missed

C3wEMj8.gif
    im loving the change
    Guild: Society of Bosses
    Time for some PVP!!
    50x50px-ZC-0bd11019_hulk-smile.gif
  • nobody lies on the interwebs.
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    hplc wrote: »
    @MaCoPi my comment said nothing about level difference being a factor.
    That's correct and that's also why my post makes sense. If you had said something like "4 heroes always going to be harder than a 1-3 hero team of the same level", my post wouldn't make sense and I wouldn't have posted it.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • iTPCi wrote: »
    this is a great Idea and much needed

i just did a fresh tower run no problem, easy gems

for some reason I am really enjoying these troll posts. Your tone is reminiscent of someone who was asking for harder towers. Who could that have been... :smile:
  • I'm loving these changes too. I always appreciate a good challenge.
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    Who could that have been... :smile:
    VOLDEMORT!!!
  • hplchplc Member
    @MaCoPi That is fair enough.
    hplc
  • MaCoPi wrote: »
    VOLDEMORT!!!

there are rules in this forum...
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    MaCoPi wrote: »
    VOLDEMORT!!!
    @livinginiraqw00t and what rule did I just break in your opinion?
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    edited May 2016
    VOLDEMORT!!!

Rule 1: you dont say his name!

it is he-who-must-not-be-named
    Time for some PVP!!
    VOLDEMORT!!!

he who must not be... forget it. the moment is over.
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    VOLDEMORT!!!
    If you were trying to be sarcastic, you clearly are trying it the wrong way. If anyone is to tell me about the rules here, it would either be a blue/dev or a guru, not some random member with 5 posts!
  • edited May 2016
    Much thanks to the devs for listening to the players concerns on the forum and eliminating TOP bait teams. Very happy with this change.

• hplchplc Member
    I think the main issue is time commitment required to the new tower. It really isn't worth it for most people.
    hplc
  • Call me a noob, but what are bait teams?
    There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • hplc wrote: »
    I think the main issue is time commitment required to the new tower. It really isn't worth it for most people.

It's more than worth it to me. I suppose everyone has to make choices when playing this game and is the tower worth your time is one of the many touch choices we all face. I fully support this change, I hated fighting against teams 8 levels above me.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
    Mr_Master2 wrote: »
    You succeeded, your joke just went over that guy's head.
    Clearly not, as it wasn't funny. With the hateful state this forum has been in for quite a while now, jokes like that shouldn't be made to avoid situations like this.

And as far as I know, my gender isn't known on this forum, so referring to me as 'that guy' isn't working.

I know things are tense, but are you male or female? I genuinely don't want to get it wrong.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • Thank you for this update! Tower was never really intended to be easy, so I don't see why some of you complain about it being hard.

Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
  • I believe the devs may have also boosted the rewards with this tower update.

After weeks of monarch evos on the 12th floor, today's tower has an infinity.

z9x83ysw2ayx.jpg

Thanks again devs, as you truly made the tower better!
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    edited May 2016
    VOLDEMORT!!!
    If you were trying to be sarcastic, you clearly are trying it the wrong way. If anyone is to tell me about the rules here, it would either be a blue/dev or a guru, not some random member with 5 posts!

It was a joke related to Harry Potter

In Harry Potter everyone is scared to call Voldemort by this name so the rule is you call him he-who-must-not-de-named

So the "rule" u broke was saying his name

Time for some PVP!!
  • XocerXocer Member
    Well, my improved tower had no team less than lvl 66, and 2 lvl 70 Kai teams. 9 of them had Black Diamond in the lead position, so that was 7-10,000 damage soaked at the opening of every level but 2. Those led with Kai.

I finished the tower with 5 living heros. I am lvl 69 with only two heros under 6 stars.

I don't consider this an improvement, unless some additional prizes are included. Just isn't fun to grind that out.
  • hplchplc Member
    edited May 2016
    So from what I can tell the only people really happy with this change are the slow levellers who will have a disproportionate number of low star opponents vs the high level players who are fighting 6 star opponents. Kinda makes it confusing given other post by @ChrisM
    hplc
  • PrezObamaPrezObama Member
    edited May 2016
    hplc wrote: »
    So from what I can tell the only people really happy with this change are the slow levellers who will have a disproportionate number of low star opponents vs the high level players who are fighting 6 star opponents. Kinda makes it confusing given other post by @ChrisM

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. You can't please everyone all of the time. Sometimes changes suck for certain player bases and obviously the level locked content sucks for lower level players. I see this change as a way to throw them a bone. If you can take on the VH dungeon, surely you can complete the tower each day. Best rewards in the game should require a beefy roster to take on. Some players bought theirs, some players grinded theirs out. If you want to compete at the top, hopefully you did one or the other because getting there fast and unprepared means a rough time. Like any RPG, if you race ahead to later levels without the stats to back it up, expect to get hammered.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • HintedforyouHintedforyou Member
    edited May 2016
    What's confusing? His post said that slow leveling is a valid strategy and comes with pros and cons.

The cons are that slow levelers are now locked out of VH dungeons, solely for the purpose of incentivizing them to level up. The pros are that slow levelers are very strong for their level.

The tower gives massive rewards and is supposed to be difficult. High level people shouldn't feel entitled to easy daily tower clears, just as slow levelers shouldn't feel entitled to access all the game's content. That's the point he was making.

So I don't think we need to see this negativity and complaining; let's try to be more positive around here!

Except that everyone at the high levels has vey high star levels. Noone has less that a 5* up there. Very good teams also may I mention. Having a roster that is prepared is still ridiculous.

In fat its ridiculous that you say we are being entitled. WHere are you getting this from. We have the right to complain also.
    @PrezObama
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• @Hintedforyou

Yes, that's because you are end game and this is to be expected. Not seeing any problems here.
  • edited May 2016
    I hate the fact that the tower will take longer and be more challenging, but at the same time, the devs did say there were pros and cons to each side. A good compromise would be to eliminate tower quests towards crowns. just my 2 cents.
  • HintedforyouHintedforyou Member
    edited May 2016
    @Hintedforyou

Yes, that's because you are end game and this is to be expected. Not seeing any problems here.

So I guess that means we should have ridiculous towers? Everyone seems happy that the tower levels 8+ levels above you are gone. I was fine with it. Again tower should be a challenge. Not impossible.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• hplchplc Member
    @PrezObama @Mr_Master2 I think they have to find a way to please the majority of players. Which demographic this is I don't know. But I strongly suspect it is not the slow levellers as that takes way too much patience for most people especially over a long period.

I personally don't understand why quest dungeons aren't adjusted according to current level as challenge dungeons show this clearly an option for them if they chose it. Yes. They have made tower easier for you but I suspect pissed off a much larger player base. The tower was a necessary grind but I think the costs now outweigh the benefits for most people if this is the status quo due to the time commitment it will require. And I suspect many of those will quit as the tower has really become essential due to the gems/crowns it provides.
    hplc
This discussion has been closed.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com