Update: The Tower of PWNage Just Got Better!

Comments

• If you start the tower now but don't finish it until after double PWNage starts do you still get double?
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    Yes. Unless they change it. Which would be rude since they warned us to get ready.
  • Dad2KNK wrote: »
    Yes. Unless they change it. Which would be rude since they warned us to get ready.

Thanks
  • After a few days, I think the tower is slightly harder. It is more time consuming which is the biggest issue I have.
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    lordbbbb wrote: »
    After a few days, I think the tower is slightly harder. It is more time consuming which is the biggest issue I have.

Agreed. It's still packed with a lot higher powered enemies and probably takes me twice as long as it did pre-revamp.

I'd much prefer having bait teams back, if it meant a revert back to the much easier/quicker tower.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    From a selfish standpoint I agree. But for non-end-game players, this is much better. And I already got mine. So leave it this way and let them have a turn
    From a selfish standpoint I agree. But for non-end-game players, this is much better. And I already got mine. So leave it this way and let them have a turn

*Applause*
    9Ahi08z.jpg

My complaint isn't the difficulty. It is the time involved.

When I started playing I had two accounts (fast and slow level) and had plenty of time to finish everything every day. I gave up on that slow level account because a lack of time. Now I am at the point that I almost never finish my stamina, tower and pvp on the same day. Every time BF makes a change it is towards the game taking longer.

Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • Blah, Floors 8-11 all 6 stars all multiple levels over mine. I give up on the tower. Maybe when I get more heroes starred up I'll try again, now it's just not worth the time or frustration.
    level 70
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    Never give up until all your heroes are dead
    Yep, all dead during floor 9. So I spent an hour, got squat and frustration. Good times!

level 70
  • Did my tower today. I'm lvl 29 and the first 10 floors is easy stuff. None of the heroes had any extra stars on them, mostly 1 and 2 stars, no IGOROKs at all. Then floor 11 comes. 5 star FA Black Diamond, 5 star FA Shadowblade, 6 Star FA Bovus and 5 star FA Willow...like what the F!?! That's pretty challenging I guess but I'm only missing like 6 heroes out there and I literally wasted half my roster here. Why not just remove Lord Crapmus and make a floor like this the final floor? Make floors 1-10 random pushovers and make the last floor (11 instead of 12) something crazy and creative. Maybe tone down the stars a bit.
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    Boneyard wrote: »
    Dad2KNK wrote: »
    Yep, all dead during floor 9. So I spent an hour, got squat and frustration. Good times!

As @kpung07 stated, there are rewards for each floor completed

Furthermore, you are gaining experience, learning what works and what doesn't.

As @kpung07 stated, there are rewards for each floor completed

Furthermore, you are gaining experience, learning what works and what doesn't.

Only thing I learn each time is that 6stars wipe the floor with 4stars.
    level 70
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    Find me on Line. Dad2kandk. I will walk you through tomorrow's tower. If you don't clear floor ten, I will endure public humiliation on this forum. Deal?
    Find me on Line. Dad2kandk. I will walk you through tomorrow's tower. If you don't clear floor ten, I will endure public humiliation on this forum. Deal?

Less talk about skins, and more public humiliation. I'm livinginiraqw00t, and I approve of this message.
  • Tower has been much better in recent days. Going against 6* 8 level higher teams was just an exercise in throwing bodies at them. Now it is more like a daily crossword that is doable but still satisfying. Thanks
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    tphilly5 wrote: »
    Tower has been much better in recent days. Going against 6* 8 level higher teams was just an exercise in throwing bodies at them. Now it is more like a daily crossword that is doable but still satisfying. Thanks

Agree. I'm much happier now with the way the Tower is. Before the change I was facing full teams 8 levels higher than me, whereas now the largest difference is 4 levels higher. 4 levels is still a challenge at times, but at least much more manageable than 8 levels, especially since I don't miss quite as often as I did against the higher level teams.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I think this thread should be closed. I keep seeing it highlighted with new posts and immediately think:
    "The Tower of PWNage Just Got Better!" only to be disappointed when I read the posts. This thread is just like the "Dungeon Boss Just Got Better" misrepresentation.
  • I really struggled with this at first but I'm doing a lot better at it now. I think I was in the prepare for bait team mode and had to change my thinking. It is more of a challenge than it was but now I'm starting to enjoy it again. Well, as much as anyone can enjoy the tower.
  • KashHattonKashHatton Member
    edited May 2016
    u8qz94s9l5vc.png
    I've already seen a bit of the "New Bait Team". Normal bait team + a 1* Hansuke.
    KashHatton
  • I'm getting ridiculous floors for a lvl 30 now...5 and 6 stars, FA and not just 1 floor but 3
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    @PsychedelicFox congratulations. You found the slow leveler wall that causes so much attrition in the 35-45 range. While I have no problem with people leveling slow, I recognize that the cluster of such players so close together is bad for fresh players. Especially if they don't know it gets easier by level 50
  • HintedforyouHintedforyou Member
    edited May 2016
    Dad2KNK wrote: »
    @PsychedelicFox congratulations. You found the slow leveler wall that causes so much attrition in the 35-45 range. While I have no problem with people leveling slow, I recognize that the cluster of such players so close together is bad for fresh players. Especially if they don't know it gets easier by level 50

Well there is the first signs of how it affects the game widespread. Eventually forcing all to slow level.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• @Joveth Problem with the tower now and in the past makes it hard to do ChrisM told us the problem of balancing content but this is not the problem

1.The challenge
    2.Exact same as PVP

So what is the problem with challenges now that tower has been changed?

Tower before was filled with problems with the bait teams and teams that out leveled you highly. Now that the bait teams have been taken out and the level difference has made to a smaller number it has actually gotten a lot harder. My impression of the tower before this was to ramp up the difficulty as we went along in the tower basing it on that teams power level as seen with the bait teams, while the first 5 floors might be easier you will notice it will be much harder in the other floors. This is how the tower seemingly based on. Now it seems the power level really wont matter as the level difference is the only thing that matters now with the power level being squeezed and pressured to find them.

Why do I say its the exact same thing as PVP?

It took me about a week to come to the realization of this. The tower is just pvp with better rewards. Nothing else really. Which brings it to the problems of PVP, all the enemy teams have their abilities charged no matter what with the justification being "cause your against an AI brain". Oh im sure its hard for an AI to pick who to attack, The AI is actually pretty smart itself picking what it knows it can defeat while also being programmed to use its skills whenever it can.This creates a huge problem for powerhouses like Black diamond. She will have her assassins wrath which Buffs crit chance and attack while having a passive buff to crit chance, skill, and a enhanced crit bonus, essentially guaranteeing the crit. Shes a nightmare paired with kira and rocky and another hero. Why do I mention BD? Many players choose her leading to her being incredibly common in PVP and tower. So I can't see it really justified that they need that as a handicap cause its AI. This leads to us using bait heros throw away at those incredibly powerful skills.

So what would you want us to do then we gave you what you want and you still complain about it. It goes like this. One system sucks and the other one also sucks? Us as players have to pick the lesser of the 2 evils.

I know someone will just say "if you complain so much why aren't you looking for a way to where it could be fixed.
    I see 2 ways of this going down.

1. Put the old system back in but with bait teams removed and the level locked removed while the difficulty for the tower can be ramped up as you go from floor to floor.

2. Keep the new system in but tone down the ability of the AI to have all of their skills ready for them.

If defense teams for the dungeon didn't have their energy full each time, it would mean that the tower would become stupidly easy to go through, because your heroes can keep refilling their energy to full each dungeon level.
    So long and thanks for all the fish
    So sad that it should come to this
    We tried to warn you all but oh dear
    You may not share our intellect
    Which might explain your disrespect
    For all the natural wonders that
    grow around you
    So long, so long and thanks
    for all the fish
    (more lyrics, but no room :()
  • Well, from what I've heard from everyone, is that the tower of pwnage is stil poop.
    Make it "better"
    Lets make the pwnage tower great again
    Now who's with me!?!
    jg2nvhx3ow9e.png

IGN: deadfish3888
    Guild: LPC
    Power: 43085
    Dungeons completed: 484
    Dungeon Boss Discord Server!!!
    https://discord.gg/VAtc6G2
    JOIN!!!
  • For low level player the change is great. but for level 70 the Tower is way too easy. I beat it usually with the same 4 heroes all the way through. People aren't going to want to hear this, but make it harder!
  • For low level player the change is great. but for level 70 the Tower is way too easy. I beat it usually with the same 4 heroes all the way through. People aren't going to want to hear this, but make it harder!

I do believe that two versions of ToP would be the way to go. A "M" version, which is the same as now, and a "VH" version, with increased difficulty (really increased difficulty), maybe less floors (could round it down to 10), but with many more rewards. And of course you can only complete one a day, if you start one (=send a team against the first floor) you can't go back to the other, and so on. High risk, high rewards
    Andre4897
  • Andre4897 wrote: »
    For low level player the change is great. but for level 70 the Tower is way too easy. I beat it usually with the same 4 heroes all the way through. People aren't going to want to hear this, but make it harder!

I do believe that two versions of ToP would be the way to go. A "M" version, which is the same as now, and a "VH" version, with increased difficulty (really increased difficulty), maybe less floors (could round it down to 10), but with many more rewards. And of course you can only complete one a day, if you start one (=send a team against the first floor) you can't go back to the other, and so on. High risk, high rewards

Yep, VH implementation could be as simple as a adding 2x stat multiplier to the enemy, or a 'penalty' per floor. For example, at F1 your heroes are silenced, at F2 they are frostbitten, at F3 dazed... you could even go for carryover of status effects after each floor. Alternatively, using all heroes only once might be a challenge :-)