Please address the issue when summoning new skins when heroic portal heroes are maxed

This has become a very frustrating issue as more and more people are finishing the heroic portal heroes and you are now introducing new hero skins so often that it is far too expensive to attempt to get these new skins from heroic portal when you have nothing left to gain but the skins.

Prior to finishing all heroic portal heroes anytime I summoned through heroic portal I got something I needed, even if only a few hero tokens they were useful. Now when I spend money on gems to summon through heroic portal I likely may get nothing at all of value, I have 100's of evos of every type and thousands of scrolls and millions of gold, what I dont have is anything to show for my attempts at Bovus skin and I will not even waste my time or money attempting this new skin released today.

Please let us know that you are either looking into a different solution for skins or that this is your plan going forward with the current way to get skins.

Comments

• xpsf3xpsf3 Member
    I totally agree with OP. This is not a way to treat loyal VIP customers who supported this game all along.
  • I do not have this "problem" but punishing the spenders and/or long term players is a bad business practice. I hope they change this.
    Teal125
  • A simple alternative solution i believe would be to simply offer new skins in the in game store at the price of 2,700 gems. - That way , maxers can drop a 10x worth and get something of value to them, for 2700 gems, and new people are still enticed to gamble 2700 gems in the heroic, getting 9 chests and/or pulls of loot and 1 pull of possibly the skin.

And for spenders, that comes out to 19.99 per skin , i think that'll make them good money.

That's an awesome compromise.
  • Signing my name here as I already said my peace in the other thread. Please address. I am ignoring the new NubNub skin the way the current method is employed and I would gladly just spend $20 outright to buy it if it was made available.

What I don't want to do is gamble gems into the heroic portal and leave with nothing. No thank you.
  • I would also gladly spend $20 on a skin each and every time you released one. The guy that posted he opened 50 chests with no skins in the event thread... the thought of doing that myself and walking away with nothing puts a queasy feeling in my stomach. It would feel really really bad.
  • ComradeComrade Member
    Not 20, it's a skin, it's not game altering, it's a bit of fun 5 to 10 bucks. Why ask more when you can ask a little less and attract more buyers. With the amount of skins lately you are looking at close to a 100 bucks on skins alone if they go 20 bucks.
  • A simple alternative solution i believe would be to simply offer new skins in the in game store at the price of 2,700 gems. - That way , maxers can drop a 10x worth and get something of value to them, for 2700 gems, and new people are still enticed to gamble 2700 gems in the heroic, getting 9 chests and/or pulls of loot and 1 pull of possibly the skin.

And for spenders, that comes out to 19.99 per skin , i think that'll make them good money.

I think you meant $99.99. I have my dev vision goggles on and that number is way too small to read. But the number i posted comes out crystal clear.
  • Comrade wrote: »
    Not 20, it's a skin, it's not game altering, it's a bit of fun 5 to 10 bucks. Why ask more when you can ask a little less and attract more buyers. With the amount of skins lately you are looking at close to a 100 bucks on skins alone if they go 20 bucks.

Right now skins cost $50-$100 dollars for people with heroic portals maxed! They don't seem to care so we are hoping to throw out a number that sounds attractive at $20
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    By now, @Joel and @Joveth are well aware of the consensus here. I have no doubt they have shared your concerns. But the number crunchers are in no hurry to remedy the situation (clearly).

" Does anyone know what this is? Anyone? Anyone? It's a Laffer Curve. "

In a free market price is determined where supply meets demand. Consumers do not control supply but they do have a say in demand.

(As a f2p player, this is all academic to me, but just watching I can see the instincts of players slowly adjusting the demand already.)
  • I posted this in the Bovus skin thread as well:

If you read any reports about games in this kind of genre, you'll find that about 2% of the playerbase provides 95%+ of the purchase income. (some findings have shown 50% of the revenue comes from 0.15%... zero-point-fifteen percent!!) The whaliest of whales is where the money is at and it's because this is basically unregulated gambling (which can be VERY lucrative). It's a slot machine, a drug dealer, etc. They have a handful of players hooked who will drop whatever it takes to get the skin. By allowing it to come out easy for them they cut off the vast majority of their income stream. Remember, 95%+ comes from about 2%. As long as that very small minority blows everything they have every time a skin comes out, they'll never change it.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • PrezObama wrote: »
    I posted this in the Bovus skin thread as well:

If you read any reports about games in this kind of genre, you'll find that about 2% of the playerbase provides 95%+ of the purchase income. (some findings have shown 50% of the revenue comes from 0.15%... zero-point-fifteen percent!!) The whaliest of whales is where the money is at and it's because this is basically unregulated gambling (which can be VERY lucrative). It's a slot machine, a drug dealer, etc. They have a handful of players hooked who will drop whatever it takes to get the skin. By allowing it to come out easy for them they cut off the vast majority of their income stream. Remember, 95%+ comes from about 2%. As long as that very small minority blows everything they have every time a skin comes out, they'll never change it.

Probably why this particular issue won't get changed. All we can do is not buy gems during skin events, and that is it. Honestly, who knows what their reasons are for handling skins this way, because at the end of the day those skins are still in the portal. Scour the forums and you'll not find a single dev/admin talk about the drop rates or the reasons as to this particular decision. Hopefully I can eat these words in the near future. I'm sure everyone is exhausted at this point.
  • gmungmun Member
    Foxboxes wrote: »
    A simple alternative solution i believe would be to simply offer new skins in the in game store at the price of 2,700 gems. - That way , maxers can drop a 10x worth and get something of value to them, for 2700 gems, and new people are still enticed to gamble 2700 gems in the heroic, getting 9 chests and/or pulls of loot and 1 pull of possibly the skin.

That's an awesome compromise.

Yes and considering they were selling the Christmas ones for like $4.99 it seems you guys are being pretty reasonable here to me. Personally I think they should be for sale for something more like 400 gems or $4.99.

Gmun
  • xpsf3xpsf3 Member
    edited May 2016
    I agree with you @gmun. Not worth more than 400 gems.
  • xpsf3 wrote: »

I agree too, but it'd be willing to do 2,700 gems worth, so that DB can still make a nice chunk.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited May 2016
    Foxboxes wrote: »
    xpsf3 wrote: »

I agree too, but it'd be willing to do 2,700 gems worth, so that DB can still make a nice chunk.

2700 gems is worth very close to $15 considering VIP8+ can get 70 summons for $100. This seems like more then a fair price. It also seems like SUCH a win win. People who still need heroic summons can do those and be excited when they get a skin. People who don't need heroic summons can just hand DB their $15 and be happy too. Why piss off your whales when the solution is so so simple? If this outcry and players quitting over this isn't enough of a message, I honestly don't know what is. I can say for certain I REALLY hope they don't release another skin before there is closure on this issue.
  • Agreed. I was so upset when I saw this update today with no changes. The skin looks super rad, I gave it a chance again against my own better judgement....... And instantly regretted it.
  • Ya, I tried for a good hero skin (Archfiend Nitpick), did every single dialy quest for a week and beat tower every day, but no luck. Ended up spending 5 dollars, and BAM! Finally got it. Please make skins more common due to their purpose being to make your guys look cool.
  • Drew21Drew21 Member
    Matsuda241 wrote: »
    It ain't the devs' fault that you guys are part of the .000000000000000000000001% of the game's population of players who maxed out your heroes this early...I'm surprised people even do summons just for the skin. Like, it's a skin for a hero, a decoration...You know they're going to have events down the line to obtain every skin imagineable. It ain't like you're hardcore gambling for a new PvP meta gamechanger. Relax gentlemen.

This is 2017 and you are responding to stuff from literally a year ago that was bumped randomly.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 18
    Drew21 wrote: »
    It ain't the devs' fault that you guys are part of the .000000000000000000000001% of the game's population of players who maxed out your heroes this early...I'm surprised people even do summons just for the skin. Like, it's a skin for a hero, a decoration...You know they're going to have events down the line to obtain every skin imagineable. It ain't like you're hardcore gambling for a new PvP meta gamechanger. Relax gentlemen.

This is 2017 and you are responding to stuff from literally a year ago that was bumped randomly.

Relax bro. I don't tell you how to live your life...leave me be!!!

That may be true but the forum rules tell you what you can and can't do on the forums. Necro posting falls most strongly on the "can't" side of that spectrum.

Edit: Yes, I see the irony that I'm having to break the rule myself to explain it. Also, on top of that you sound a little silly making statements that are contextually absurd if they had been made when the thread was posted. A LOT has changed from the portals since this thread existed.