Hero Spotlight: Aria

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited May 2016 in Hero Spotlights
cxf04ae9u504.png

NOTE: This hero will be available exclusively in the Aether Shop

Background: Aria is a master of staff and wind. Many an adversary have looked to land a mighty blow only to feel an added breeze and a bump on their head.

Most Hated Hero: Yasmin

Element: Light: +30% bonus against DARK enemies.

Tags: Legendary, Rogue, Female

Traits:
  • Quick Starter: Starts all dungeons with 1 added energy
  • Speed of Light Team: Light team members get +15% ATK, +15% DEF, 10% chance to dodge.
  • Dodge This!: Counters after dodging an attack, plus +50% damage when countering.
  • Can't Touch This: Extensive Training provides +40% chance to Dodge Ranged attacks and WILL dodge any attacker that is Dazed or Off-Balance.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Provoking Poke: Undodgeable melee physical attack on an enemy that will force/provoke them to attack her next turn
  • Sand in the Eyes: Twirling Melee Physical attack that knocks the enemy Off-Balance. (Off-Balance= -25% ATK and attacks more likely to be dodged.)
Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Caveborn Evo: 8
  • Spirit Evo: 12
  • Jewelled Evo: 6
  • Subterranean Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Quick Starter II: Starts all dungeons with 2 added energy.
New Ability!
  • Hurricane Flurry: Melee Physical attack on all enemies and has a 50% chance to Daze.
Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Stormwind Evo: 12
  • Brawny Evo: 10
  • Coldfire Evo: 8
  • Shadow Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Dodge This! II: Counters after dodging an attack, plus +100% damage when countering.
  • Inhuman Reflexes: 25% chance to get an additional attack when countering.
New Ability!
  • Hurricane Flurry II: Melee Physical attack on all enemies and has a 75% chance to Daze.
  • Primed Twist: Enters a defensive stance which gives her a 25% chance to dodge attacks and adds to her retaliating damage.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• PrezObamaPrezObama Member
    edited May 2016
    @Joel What is "Stun"? Did you mean "Daze"?

And thanks for Jewelled and Brawny uses!!

But why keep the Coldfires?

And why does she hate Yasmin, is that a holdover from Ember?
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • ZerniumZernium Member
    Wow...dodge master.
    Zernium
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    PrezObama wrote: »
    @Joel What is "Stun"? Did you mean "Daze"?

You are correct. I've edited the description, sorry about the confusion. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • AnokuuAnokuu Member
    Legendary Rogue :open_mouth:
    LINE: Anokuu
    Email: GensokyoFamily@gmail.com
  • Thanks, you know Bd wasn't enough of a problem.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• iTPCiiTPCi Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Does she have any elemental weaknesses?
    Guild: Society of Bosses
    Time for some PVP!!
    50x50px-ZC-0bd11019_hulk-smile.gif
  • iTPCi wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Does she have any elemental weaknesses?

I doubt it, no other Light heroes do.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • Since the edit was posted, they elaborated on her basic which is now a guaranteed hit and forces the character she hit to attack her next turn, like a targeted taunt. Interesting that it's on her basic.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • HakonaHakona Member
    Dark and light weakness exist

5fzg6P6.jpg
  • Hakona wrote: »
    Dark and light weakness exist

Technically, Dark deals +30% vs Light and vice versa, but neither suffers the -25% against another element like Fire does against Water for example.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • How does "Can't Touch This" work with "Perfect Strike/Shot"? Usually perfect strike/shot guys can be dazed it just doesn't do anything because the chance to miss is irrelevant. But this says she WILL dodge if they are dazed, 100%. So which ability wins?
    centralcommand
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    How does "Can't Touch This" work with "Perfect Strike/Shot"? Usually perfect strike/shot guys can be dazed it just doesn't do anything because the chance to miss is irrelevant. But this says she WILL dodge if they are dazed, 100%. So which ability wins?

This brings me back to the WoW days: What happens when the Immovable Object meets the Unstoppable Force?
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• FoozleFoozle Member
    I can only unlock 1 of the 2 heroes. Which will be better in the long run to concentrate on?
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2016
    @Foozle Aria is the more expensive, and likely more powerful, of the two. She is Legendary.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • Red desperately needed a healer, I'd start there.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    I suppose might as well work towards unlocking both, then can play with them to decide where to focus future tokens. Always nice to have more Tower fodder, so the extra hero, even at 1 star, is a good thing.
  • Cool hero! It seems expensive to unlock her, upgrade stars, and ascend though.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Are you going to tag future male heroes as 'Male' or is it assumed they're male unless you tag them as female?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Wait what if Therand or some hero with Perfect Swing is dazed? What will happen?
    ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
    Check out my Kill Quest chart here!
    See my guide to the Tower of Pwnage here!
  • HintedforyouHintedforyou Member
    edited May 2016
    I also realize that this one resembles my profile pic. All she would need is a flying cloud and it would be perfect.

also just why:Can't Touch This: Extensive Training provides +40% chance to Dodge Ranged attacks and WILL dodge any attacker that is Dazed or Off-Balance.
    passive 40% dodge chance with final ascension along with the legendary ability=75% dodge to range without daze, not including the dazes normal effect essentially making her unhittable. A normal attack that forces people to target her with also dazing abilities which she will dodge any moves. compiled with a buff to that dodge revenge. Oh and you know give perfect swing to her normal attack.

FFS if your going to do this to all legendaries give IGOROK a ability where they give buffs to attack and defense for water allies.

Do any of you test these out in PVP or at all?
    I feel like this is the same thing as to why kai exists.

Post edited by Hintedforyou on
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• looks like female version of Xin zhao
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• CommanderrenCommanderren Member
    edited May 2016
    looks like female version of Xin zhao

Aww man , only get her in aether shop :(
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• seedyseedy Member
    @Hintedforyou She has 0% natural dodge FA. With her passive, that is 10% dodge for melee and 50% dodge for ranged
  • dontkilldyldontkilldyl Member
    edited May 2016
    Pls, a girl has no name.
    Current Wishlist: Shade, the one hero I'm missing and have yet to ascend.

Proud member of Pact of Minds.

Kozar enthusiast.
  • She's awesome

2apkfecwc882.jpeg
  • seedyseedy Member
    Is the "Dodge This!" ability supposed to work on all normal and special attacks? I have seen it fail to counter various specials -- for example, I just dodged a BD Assassinate (the BD was dazed, but it was a "dodge" not a "miss"). Working as intended or bug? @Joel @Joveth
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited May 2016
    seedy wrote: »
    Is the "Dodge This!" ability supposed to work on all normal and special attacks? I have seen it fail to counter various specials -- for example, I just dodged a BD Assassinate (the BD was dazed, but it was a "dodge" not a "miss"). Working as intended or bug? @Joel @Joveth

Looking into this!
    Post edited by Joveth on
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I got beat up badly in pvp by a diseased 3 star Aria one level below me. My rogues never dodged and deseased didn't seem to slow her down. Of course, I haven't faced an undeased one and hope I don't.
  • The disease started in her face

mzpx04nnipls.jpeg
  • KidhakKidhak Member
    I got the bramble unlock screen when I unlocked Aria.
    Maybe a few more pennies