Hero Spotlight: Cobressa

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited December 2016 in Hero Spotlights
3dwgfneex2uf.png

Background: Sister to Viperia she ruled with her sibling in ancient times turning all their enemies to stone and displaying them as decoration…

Most Hated Hero: Stone Fist's existence's mocks Cobressa in every way being immune to her deadly ways yet she cannot help but appreciate fine craftsmanship even if it is in a hated enemy.

Element: Fire: +30% bonus against NATURE enemies, -25% vs WATER enemies

Tags: Female Reptile Healer Rogue

Traits:
  • VIper Gang: Increase ATK and CRIT 10% for all Reptiles.
  • Deadly Accurate: CRIT chance improved 10% and CRIT damage 15%
  • Garden Redecorator: 10x Damage vs Stoned targets
  • Venomous Embrace: Heals allies 1% for each instance of Venom on the enemies.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Venomous Claw: Basic Melee Physical attack that has chance to Venom.
  • Drop Dead Gorgon: Ranged Spirit attack that has chance to STONE the enemy or outright kill them, plus removes all buffs and debuffs.
    NOTE: Golems and Constructs are immune to being Stoned.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo: 12
  • Fire Evo Monarch: 40
  • Dark Evo: 18
  • Crypt Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Kindred Mourning: Gains Invincibility from all Damage for 2 turns if an allied Reptile dies in battle.
  • Venomous Embrace II: Heals allies 2% for each instance of Venom on the enemies.
New Ability!
  • Serpent Spear: Ranged Physical attack with chance to Venom.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Fire Evo: 42
  • Water Evo Monarch: 30
  • Coldfire Evo: 8
  • Infinity Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Viper Gang II: Increase ATK and CRIT 20% for all Reptiles.
  • Deadly Accurate II: CRIT chance improved 15% and CRIT damage 25%
New Ability!
  • Acid Spit: Ranged Fire attack on all enemies with chance to add Venom.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joveth on
Tagged:

Comments

• NagiNagi Member
    Heroic or VIP summon?
  • Does she have a native base crit % too? FA, her crit is already 35% due to passives. Also interesting that she's classified as a healer but doesn't have an activated healing ability, only passively tied to Venom.

Oh, and you may want to duck because I expect Heroic portal venom will be headed your way soon :s
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    PrezObama wrote: »
    Does she have a native base crit % too? FA, her crit is already 35% due to passives. Also interesting that she's classified as a healer but doesn't have an activated healing ability, only passively tied to Venom.

Oh, and you may want to duck because I expect Heroic portal venom will be headed your way soon :s

I'll have my anti-venom on hand...mmm chocolate.
    Joveth Gonzalez
    Sr. Communications Manager @ Boss Fight Entertainment
  • NagiNagi Member
    @Joveth Why remove my post? ....
    I asked a simple question, people were able to unlock her in the VIP during the leak, will she be available in the vip as well or only heroic for both of them? and how soon is it going to be before the release?
  • Is venom different from poison? And does stoned do anything except this damage increase?
  • 2 new heroes, cool. Atleast I have a slightly better chance of getting a new hero(s) aswell as a reason to use the Heroic summon again! However, Cobressa doesn't seem like much of a healer, unless the venom-regen is more benefic than it seems. Also, I hope more reptile heroes come in the future. With these reptile Passives, it's just asking for more reptiles!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Nagi wrote: »
    I asked a simple question, people were able to unlock her in the VIP during the leak, will she be available in the vip as well or only heroic for both of them? and how soon is it going to be before the release?

@Joveth doesn't like the way your profile picture looks.

I did not remove your post. I did clean up this thread for things to stay on topic, though. Cobressa will be Heroic and Viperia will be VIP. The event, as always, is soon (keeping in mind most events go live at 3PM CDT).
    Joveth Gonzalez
    bvs72 wrote: »

@Joveth doesn't like the way your profile picture looks.

There can only be one.
    Joveth Gonzalez
  • Hagger1234 wrote: »
    Is venom different from poison? And does stoned do anything except this damage increase?

I wonder if stoned means what I think it means....
    JetLi
    Hagger1234 wrote: »
    Is venom different from poison? And does stoned do anything except this damage increase?

Yes it is. Two different status effects. Stoned is similar to frozen in that it prevents the other player from performing any actions.
    Joveth Gonzalez
  • NagiNagi Member
    @Joveth Thank you.
  • Thanks @Joveth will venom do damage same as poisoned then? Stoned seems very strong then, can't move and can take up to 30x damage!!
  • LietoLieto Member
    New heroes, great!

However, the thing that worries me about this is the new reptile class. This implies a fair amount of new warriors and I am already completely unable to keep my roster at my player level...XP drought is severe...
  • Instant kills, invulnerability!? Wha - why? Dear god why?! Have you guys just given up on balance completely?
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    My rough estimates of Cobressa at different levels. If someone has a level 70 at the various star levels, please let me know where I differ and I can adjust my estimates. Thanks!

sbx6403d8phc.jpg
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Tried Cobressa in PvP for first time and her attack stoned Nitpick. I thought maybe he'd be stone either permanently or for a couple rounds at least, but he unstoned next turn. Is the stoned effect only supposed to be for the current turn? If so, it seems that her passive "garden redecorator," which does extra damage to stoned targets, is pretty worthless since nothing will be stoned long enough for it to be a benefit. Maybe a bug?

Thanks
  • 4tom4tom Member
    Can we get more details on stoned's status effect? It seems to increase defense, no?
    zntCIcd.gif
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes it seems to increase the defense, so unless you are attacking with a gorgon you do almost no damage. It makes sense now that the gorgons do 10x and 30x damage to stoned targets, as it requires that multiplier to do much damage against a stoned target that has much increased defense rating.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I think stoned should be renamed petrified... For... Reasons...
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • I think stoned should be renamed petrified... For... Reasons...

No please, keep it as it is, guild 420 needs a mascot :3

Also will Cobressa and Viperia alternate between VIP and Heroic portals or will they stay as is? I got Viperia earlier today and would like a fair shot at Cobressa too.
    Current Wishlist: Shade, the one hero I'm missing and have yet to ascend.

Proud member of Pact of Minds.

Kozar enthusiast.
  • No one care about new hero, gems only turn to aether only.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I think stoned should be renamed petrified... For... Reasons...

No please, keep it as it is, guild 420 needs a mascot :3

Also will Cobressa and Viperia alternate between VIP and Heroic portals or will they stay as is? I got Viperia earlier today and would like a fair shot at Cobressa too.

That would be interesting to say the least.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • CommanderrenCommanderren Member
    edited May 2016
    Can you give reptiles hunter on Sir William in next update ? Also reptile consider as beast not just mammals .
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• Eh... why even put the healer label on her? Not one healing skill, just a kind of leech trait. Fairly misleading.
  • DarkInsideDarkInside Member
    edited September 2016
    >:)
    Post edited by DarkInside on
    2752492?gid=
  • PandaXNPandaXN Member
    edited June 2016
    Cobressa isn't bad... its just really weird. and stoned? really? use petrified?
    Post edited by Joel on
  • Eh... why even put the healer label on her? Not one healing skill, just a kind of leech trait. Fairly misleading.

I would be okay with it if there was some kind of Healer tribal that meant being labeled a Healer meant something then it could be viewed as strategic. In its current incarnation it reads as a mistake.

Bring back the original Heroic and VIP portals.

New players the chances of getting a hero to 6* after the portal change is nil. If you obtain VIP5 and gain access to the VIP portal maximizing a new hero costs approximately $550.
  • Cobressa isn't that bad for a healer. At FA, she heals 2% for each instance of venom on enemie's. Since venom can be applied multiple times, 2% can add up to a lot more. I'm pretty sure that the maximum amount of enemies in a dungeon is 5. So, let's say all 5 enemies are environment 3 times each, so your team would heal 30% per turn, which isn't too shabby. Although it can be annoying if the enemy resists or is immune to venom.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble