Hero Spotlight: Viperia

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited May 2016 in Hero Spotlights
ovgecey86wl2.png

Note: Viperia will be available in the VIP Portal soon

Background: Sister and co-ruler to Cobressa she commands the hordes of reptiles with her influential gaze and venomous might.

Most Hated Hero: Stone Fist. Why does Viperia also hate Stone Fist you ask? Well she has never really had a thing for stonework like her Sister but she has always secretly enjoyed smashing her stone statues. Don’t worry Cobressa has never minded she has a very large collection and it is ever growing.

Element: Nature: +30% bonus against WATER enemies, -25% vs FIRE enemies

Tags: Female Reptile Rogue

Traits:
  • Scaly Clan: Increase HP 10% for all Reptile allies.
  • Stone Etcher: 30x Damage vs Stoned targets
  • Kindred Mourning: Gains Invincibility from all Damage for 2 turns if an allied Reptile dies in battle.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Venomous Claw: Basic Melee Physical attack that has chance to Venom.
  • Snakes on the Plains: 2 Melee Physical attacks on all enemies that purges 1 buff from each target with a chance to add Venom on each attack.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Water Evo: 12
  • Light Evo Monarch: 16
  • Nature Evo: 42
  • Bushido Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Turn A Blind Eye: Taunt & Provoke Immune
  • Neurotoxin: Boosted damage vs targets with Venom, 10% per instance of Venom on the target
New Ability!
  • Snakes on the Plains II: 3 Melee Physical attacks on all enemies that purges 1 buff from each target with a chance to add Venom on each attack.
  • Death Bites: Ranged Physical attack on all enemies that will grant invincibility on a death blow.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Water Evo: 42
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 30
  • Runed Evo: 8
  • Shadow Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Neurotoxin II: Boosted damage vs targets with Venom, 20% per instance of Venom on the target
  • Scaly Clan II: Increase HP 20% for all Reptile allies.
New Ability!
  • Snakes on the Plains III: 3 Melee Physical attacks on all enemies that purges 2 buffs from each target with a chance to add Venom on each attack.
  • Reptile Pile: Melee Physical attack on an enemy that calls allied Reptiles to join in.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joveth on

Comments

• melkiomelkio Member
    Stone Etcher: 30x Damage vs Stoned targets

it seems excessive
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • RooskerRoosker Member
    edited May 2016
    Reptile tag leaves room for more heroes; alligators, crocodiles, lizards, turtles, tortoises.
    Must be linked with the "Biggest Update Ever". Im anticipating campaign extension with these new heroes as enemies and possibly some of the other heroes we have been introduced to.
    It would also be nice if they were featured in all portals.
  • NagiNagi Member
    Time to grind before event is over, will it be heroic or VIP summon?
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    melkio wrote: »

it seems excessive

She's really aggressive.
  • NagiNagi Member
    @Joveth Fix my issue and respond to the message, I've replied. Thank you.

Question:
    Will this new hero be out this weekend?
  • melkio wrote: »

it seems excessive

3X would be appropriate. 30X? No thanks.
    JetLi
  • Roosker wrote: »
    Reptile tag leaves room for more heroes; alligators, crocodiles, lizards, turtles, tortoises.
    Must be linked with the "Biggest Update Ever". Im anticipating campaign extension with these new heroes as enemies and possibly some of the other heroes we have been introduced to.

please do not make a turtle hero
    ye6sno06a996.gif
    bjthrutch wrote: »
    Roosker wrote: »

what about a teenaged mutant ninja SQUIRREL Hero?
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    It's nice to see a new type of hero/monster appear in the game. I'm looking forward to trying to snag her sister from the heroic portal.
    bjthrutch wrote: »

You don't want any heroes in a half-shell? :grin:
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • RooskerRoosker Member
    Also I would suppose that if dragons were introduced, they would be considered reptiles.
  • Do you guys plan on making any more reptile heroes, or even contructs? I'd love to have a lizard team with Viperia and Cobressa!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • 4tom4tom Member
    How does someone in my friends list already have this hero? Early VIP release again?
    zntCIcd.gif
  • RooskerRoosker Member
    4tom wrote: »
    How does someone in my friends list already have this hero? Early VIP release again?

Correct
    4tom wrote: »

An error on our part released the heroes for a limited time FOR EVERYONE last night. It was corrected quickly.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Joveth wrote: »
    An error on our part released the heroes for a limited time FOR EVERYONE last night. It was corrected quickly.

Too quick for me :(
  • 4tom4tom Member
    Yea. 30x does seem excessive. Why single out one already underbuffed hero to be made more than useless on defenses forever?

Even x3 is excessive since stonefist doesn't need a counter for game to be balanced.

But perhaps I'm missing something and "stoned" is a status. Maybe they have plans to releas a basilisk or 420 protestor as a new hero.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • 4tom wrote: »
    Yea. 30x does seem excessive. Why single out one already underbuffed hero to be made more than useless on defenses forever?

Even x3 is excessive since stonefist doesn't need a counter for game to be balanced.

But perhaps I'm missing something and "stoned" is a status. Maybe they have plans to releas a basilisk or 420 protestor as a new hero.
    Stoned != Stonefist. Stone is a status. See Cobressa, her first ability has a chance to inflict the stone debuff.

I'm pretty ok with this actually. I mean maybe I'll change my mind when I see it in action but basically it means cobressa's first ability has a chance of nearly guaranteeing death for a hero with the two of them on the same team. Considering we already have yorick and his mark basically does that already without the added restriction of "only guarantees death if you also have this other hero on the team" that seems fine to me.

I'm excited about these guys. I like the design, I like having a new class of heroes, I like the idea that a new synergistic hero team is on the way, it seems like fun.
    centralcommand
  • 4tom4tom Member
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Maybe stoned is like frozen but also boosts defense by a ton. If so, 30x makes a lot more sense.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Balance is officialy dead.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited May 2016
    My rough estimates of Viperia at different levels. If someone has a level 70 at the various star levels, please let me know where I differ and I can adjust my estimates. Thanks!

j6uymlk49gq8.jpg
  • L0rdL33tL0rdL33t Member
    edited May 2016
    Double Post. Disregard.
  • L0rdL33t wrote: »
    Judging by the statues in the dungeons, the Petrified (im calling that because stoned sounds awkward) status does make the hero very durable, kind of like Icebloom's cryofreeze. In this case, the 30x and 10x multiples may be justified.

• melkiomelkio Member
    edited May 2016
    @Joveth @Joel i assume neurotoxin is bugged. it says +20% dmg for each instance of venom, right?

so, my team got attacked by this girl's first special: Snakes on the Plains III: 3 Melee Physical attacks on all enemies that purges 2 buffs from each target with a chance to add Venom on each attack.

so, if things go the worst, as they did, dmg multiplier from this atk alone could reach 1.6, correct?

well, i watched the video of the fight 4 times now, and on 3 over 4 of my characters, it reached 1.8.

any thoughts?

EDIT: the escalation has been: yokozuna venom'ed twice. multiplier goes1, 1.2 and 1.4.
    bovus gets hit 3 times, venom'ed 3 times (i'd assume): multiplier 1.8, 2, 2
    nub the same, but in the order 2, 1.8, 2
    tsume same multipliers as bovus and in the same order.

for some reason it seemed to cap to 2. maybe it doesnt and it's just math

i think that, to count the instances of venom, it counts the whole opposing team, and not the single target. there are 2 cases:

1)this is wrong and unintended --> please fix, it deals 2x the damage mi julius usually deals
    2)it is intended. --> please rethink it. it's just a load of damage that cannot be handled if not with silence.
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • melkiomelkio Member
    also, while fixing it, consider making neurotoxin II only 15%. idk if you've seen the numbers, but the ones on my yokozuna (as-intended multipliers) have been kinda scary
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension