Lowest level to complete challenge mode

Comments

• FoozleFoozle Member
    kpung07 wrote: »
    Just finish the last level last night but with a 3* Furnace the first few rooms were nail bitters. I ended up using all 3 energy potions early on Dag to keep Furnace alive.

IMG_1577.png

Awesome! I'm currently on 19-3.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Good to hear. I've three starred everything up to 19-2, and the creon levels were the hardest so far for me so good to hear the worst may be behind me. Still doubt I can finish everything at level 55 but I'm giving it a go. :)
  • 4tom4tom Member
    @kpung07 congrats!

@Foozle Good luck! And may be RNG be ever in your favour!
    zntCIcd.gif
  • melkiomelkio Member
    aww i just completed standard campaign at level 55 (just leveled)

I think i'm out of the competition, since i'm only at (the end of) chapter 14... not that i'm stuck, i just started trying hard few days ago, but the latest events gave me like 3 unwanted levels :cry:
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • Drew21Drew21 Member
    kpung07 wrote: »
    @Unmentioned_One yeah it does make some of these levels quite a bit easier that said it's still not automatic. If they have folks that can remove debuffs or heavy AoE damage this tactic won't work at all. Also my Furnance is only 3* so sometimes he gets killed in the very first room. Lastly I'd say Yoko was way more important to me getting through the challenge mode than Furnance was.

If you believe that please beat the 3 stages I mentioned and show me. I was stuck on sky temple for about 2 weeks when cm was initially released, happened to be the only sticking point for me besides the last stage. Tree of evil took about 35 attempts or so to complete and another 3 to 3 star. Finished challenge mode at lvl 63 without use of potions or furnace since he was not released yet at that time. This includes getting 3 stars on every single dungeon.

Also let's be honest how many dungeons have multiple characters with aoe damage on the first floor on the dungeon? With abs of steel for furnace to die in one turn he needs to be hit for 20% of his max hp by all 5 of the enemies to die, otherwise he will be healed to full health and an extra 20%. Even a 3 star furnace makes 98% of all dungeons trivial with hp stacking.

Gmanju?
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Just 3 star cleared Chapter 19 and am on to Chapter 20. I'm still at level 55. With the Augustus aegis shield nerf, not sure how much further I can get at this level. Luckily I'm only 3 tokens short of a 6* Leo, so other than a sense of accomplishment, not sure there is much benefit in pushing much further in any case.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited June 2016
    Well, just finished Chapter 20 (all 3 stars), but Chapter 21 might be my undoing. Really struggling even with the first dungeon - Dread Wastes. The aoe fire damage is insane and my level difference is so great that they resist most of my attacks. Igorak isn't even getting anyone to freeze. If anyone has ideas (besides leveling up!), I'm open to them. I'm still level 55 as an fyi.

I could burn a bunch of gems on having friends attack, but am trying to avoid that if possible.
  • melkiomelkio Member
    did you try construct/dagrund/augy/yoko?
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Yeah I tried, but the aoe damage wiped out the group quickly.
  • 4tom4tom Member
    @Foozle I found that dungeon hard even at 62. So much AoE, burning, and then a green boss at the end to make everything worse.

I think I used aggy, yoko, igo, dagrund... maybe william/construct instead of igo.. maybe yasmin instead of dagrund? (Already forgetting).

I think this is the hardest one for low-levels in 21.

zntCIcd.gif
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    4tom wrote: »
    @Foozle I found that dungeon hard even at 62. So much AoE, burning, and then a green boss at the end to make everything worse.

I think I used aggy, yoko, igo, dagrund... maybe william/construct instead of igo.. maybe yasmin instead of dagrund? (Already forgetting).

I think this is the hardest one for low-levels in 21.

Yeah - might be impossible at level 55. Thanks for the info.
  • melkiomelkio Member
    any hints on how to face chapter 18 (creon) in general?

i'm at lvl 57, but not being able to taunt is just my death even with the sturdiest teams (tried a 5-6* undead on the first level, barely survived t1)
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    @melkio

I used Zomm, Yorick, Executum and nub nub for creon's home. It was tough, but worked. I can't recall what teams I used for the earlier ones -- which one are you stuck on and I might be able to remember.
  • melkiomelkio Member
    i just got past creon's ice using augustus-julius-stonefist-nub (6-4-5-6 all FA) at lvl 57... not quite as good as you, but satisfying :)

now i really gotta study and i will move onto next levels tomorrow, but thanks for the hint @Foozle !

P.S. little soon after i wrote here i found out that yorik-executum-nub make an almos unbeatable team even against green cyclops (i had to bless yorik and every turn is a close call, but 6* FA could stand it).

i'll let you know if i find trouble in next one tomorrow.

PPS. is your zomm 3*? cause mine is :)

TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    I have 6*FA Yorick, 5*FA Zomm, 6*FA Executum and 6*FA nub. Good Luck!
  • melkiomelkio Member
    YAY! got past the last 2 stages first try with this setup:

LV 57, FA: yorik 6* overlord 5* yokozuna 5* augustus 6*

you just gotta trust that daze - and stack defense bonuses (ie yorick's, taunts, yoko's, and lastly aegis wall) well. not really difficult at all, and not even too slow (15 min runs i'd say)
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Congrats! Good luck with chapter 20 -- it was pretty easy compared to 19. Chapter 21 is the toughest, though, because of all the aoe attacks.
  • perhaps Kai is in order to prevent some of that aoe damage ;)
    So long and thanks for all the fish
    So sad that it should come to this
    We tried to warn you all but oh dear
    You may not share our intellect
    Which might explain your disrespect
    For all the natural wonders that
    grow around you
    So long, so long and thanks
    for all the fish
    (more lyrics, but no room :()
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Ivan8or wrote: »
    perhaps Kai is in order to prevent some of that aoe damage ;)

Never thought of that, but excellent idea!
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Was able to pass the level finally using Kai and some good luck! I'm not stuck on the Path of Darkness -- the last dungeon right before Garden of Evil. It is brutal because of the aoe on the dark nobles, plus the wisp purgers (so difficult to use a tank), and the undead who do the exhaustion attack. Made it to 2nd floor using all undead team, but they seem to focus down either Hansuke or Ekko, so that doesn't seem to be working either.

I'm currently level 56, so will be tough, but will keep trying as I'd like to complete challenge mode while I'm still 56, just for the accomplishment.
  • EltideEltide Member
    Foozle wrote: »
    It is brutal because of the aoe on the dark nobles, plus the wisp purgers (so difficult to use a tank), and the undead who do the exhaustion attack.

Would Kai + goblin team work, or would they be too squishy?

• FoozleFoozle Member
    Probably too squishy, but haven't tried yet. I'm also considering an undead team, but at level 56 it just might not be possible. We'll see.
  • Ivan8orIvan8or Member
    edited July 2016
    you could use astrid too, as when she is fully ascended her 1st ability not only decreases the damage output of the dungeon mobs by quite a bit and does some fair damage as well. Not to mention she buffs your team a ton.

I have been using her, kai, augustus, and nub nub for a while and they seem to work pretty well together. With astrid buffing all of their def and nobody being particularly squishy it is a very viable team for harder dungeons. It even works well for the tower of pwnage, if you swap out kai for emily.
    So long and thanks for all the fish
    So sad that it should come to this
    We tried to warn you all but oh dear
    You may not share our intellect
    Which might explain your disrespect
    For all the natural wonders that
    grow around you
    So long, so long and thanks
    for all the fish
    (more lyrics, but no room :()
  • AceyNBAceyNB Member
    I'm currently stuck on challenge lich, I'm only level 49 ; - ;
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited July 2016
    Finally beat Garden of Evil! Finished (3 Starred) all challenge mode dungeons at level 56. Thanks to all those who provided suggestions along the way! The toughest part of being level 56 and fighing level 72 mobs is that they are 100% resistant to many of the specials. For example, burn, shock and disease never land on the enemy. The last dungeon (Garden of Evil) would have gone a lot quicker if the boss could have gotten burned or shocked. As it was, it took me several hours just to kill the boss -- I kept hoping the game wouldn't error code out at put me back at floor 1 (that happened before).

tkpn48cnzwiu.png
    xohi9o8ftus8.png
    Post edited by Foozle on
  • 4tom4tom Member
    @Foozle Congrats on the victory!

That has got to be a record! Even if it gets beat in the future, I'm guessing it'll only be because of power creep.

Cheers mate.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    4tom wrote: »
    @Foozle Congrats on the victory!

That has got to be a record! Even if it gets beat in the future, I'm guessing it'll only be because of power creep.

Cheers mate.

Thanks! I guess level 55 is the absolute lowest level you can be to complete since Chapter 21 is locked until level 55. The issue I had was, even with slow leveling, it was hard not to gain a level during the process. I also think that without Furnace, Garden of Evil wouldn't be possible at my level. Although I never did try swapping out Augustus for Ignus, but my guess is that it might be difficult without the extra heals/cleanse from Augustus -- maybe I'll try and see. I will likely do a separate write up of how I beat for others that may want to try the strat.