Infographic Project

itirnitiiitirnitii Member
edited October 14 in General Discussion
This is the first of many graphical projects I would like to create in an effort to compile information about the game in a concise, informative, colorful, and comprehensive manner. This thread I would like to use as a hub for a compilation of such information as I create new infographics.

All infographics are a constant work in progress.

Hero Classification Infographic:
Version 1
heroclassification1.png
Version 2
heroclassification2.png

Celestial Evo Infographic:
celestial_evo.png

Epic Infographics
Archangel Emily
archangelemily_epic.png

Augustus
augustus_epic.png

Bovus El Doro
bovuseldoro_epic.png

Chief Nubnub
chiefnubnub_epic.png

Ekko
ekko_epic.png

Hansuke Undying
hansukeundying_epic.png

Icebloom
icebloom_epic.png

Igorok
igorok_epic.png

King Yorick
kingyorick_epic.png

Life Reaper Brom
lifereaperbrom_epic.png

Masuta Kira
masutakira_epic.png

Shade
shade_epic.png

Shadowblade
shadowblade_epic.png

Stonefist
stonefist_epic.png

Tsume
tsume_epic.png

Willowswift
willowswift_epic.png

Yasmin Bloom
yasminbloom_epic.png

Any and all input is welcome, from corrections to suggestions for future projects.

(Image are usually shrunk to fit into this forum space, click on them to get full sized views)

Post edited by itirnitii on
Tagged:

Comments

• ThovarThovar Member
    Awesome job. Can't wait to see what else you have in store.
  • Very cool!

You should consider adding AOE and dps.
  • Very cool!

You should consider adding AOE and dps.

This is a great idea, once that I did consider midway through. I'm not sure if I want to add it here or have another type of infographic. If I expanded each characters lane I could definitely do it. I'll have to play with it!
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I am thoroughly impressed. Is it okay if I chop this up into individual sections and use them in hunting guides for when a hero is featured or tokens drop for a dungeon?
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• I am thoroughly impressed. Is it okay if I chop this up into individual sections and use them in hunting guides for when a hero is featured or tokens drop for a dungeon?

Yes, of course! You can always PM me as well and I can always create a separate image based on the layers in my photoshop file. I check these forums daily. But, yes, I would be delighted if you used anything to your hearts content.
  • CyadzCyadz Member
    Not sure this is worth the time or effort, at this rate there will be no one left playing to see it.
  • Sometimes the soul just needs something creative to do
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited June 2016
    Whoops looks like I over editted the comment and it fizzled (sorry MODs)

The beginning stages of my new endeavor, showing hero classifications.
    0dan4xqx7g3v.png
    edited June 2016
    Think I am done with this one for now, I beautified it, but my original intention was to connect each heroes attributes with each other on the grid, so that if you found one hero you could trace lines to his or her other attributes, but it was just way too much visual clutter. So I will end with this for now:

xec5yluenu14.png

In the interest of humor, here is my failed experiment:
    syf2hkapfbg5.png
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    Think I am done with this one for now, I beautified it, but my original intention was to connect each heroes attributes with each other on the grid, so that if you found one hero you could trace lines to his or her other attributes, but it was just way too much visual clutter. So I will end with this for now:

xec5yluenu14.png

syf2hkapfbg5.png

What if it was interactive and when you clicked on a hero the lines showed up? That would be pretty cool!
  • This is awesome you must really love the game to do all of this. Its a shame they ruined the game for many players including myself. A few months ago I would of had this passion but not with the dark turn the game has taken. I still give you props for doing this great job and keep up the good work.

xec5yluenu14.png

syf2hkapfbg5.png

What if it was interactive and when you clicked on a hero the lines showed up? That would be pretty cool!

That would be really neat, but definitely beyond my talents! Would need a web page of some sort to do that I would assume. It's a great idea though.
  • This is awesome you must really love the game to do all of this. Its a shame they ruined the game for many players including myself. A few months ago I would of had this passion but not with the dark turn the game has taken. I still give you props for doing this great job and keep up the good work.

I do really enjoy the game, and while it feels on the decline I have faith things will get better. Even if the game died tomorrow though, tinkering around in photoshop is a huge passion of mine so I get a lot of enjoyment out of it at the very least.
  • its take 30 minutes to scroll this
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• GethzGethz Member
    edited June 2016
    itirnitii wrote: »

xec5yluenu14.png

syf2hkapfbg5.png

For me it would be better if you grouped the heroes by colour, ordered alphabetically on each of the polygons, but other than that excellent!
  • Gethz wrote: »
    itirnitii wrote: »

xec5yluenu14.png

syf2hkapfbg5.png

For me it would be better if you grouped the heroes by colour, ordered alphabetically on each of the polygons, but other than that excellent!

This is something to be greatly considered to make it very precise to see how many of each color is part of each trait. Some reason I went with alphabetical all the way around, but I could have organized by color and then done each color alphabetically.
  • raincookiesraincookies Member
    edited June 2016
    Niiiice one!

BTW, you can see most attack types (for the ones you have yet to identify) by taking the hero into a dungeon.

For example, on Torchy's ability page Lock Jaw only reads "Silencing attack on an enemy".
    If you take him into a dungeon however + click on Lock Jaw it reads "Physical melee chomping attack". No idea why the two tooltips vary so much :S

Also, Necro Bolt is a spirit attack. Easiest way to test this is by going into one of the levels with those enemy Alexandros dudes that are vulnerable to spirit and a damage indicator will pop up showing extra damage for spirit vulnerability when you hit them with the Bolt of Necro!
    Post edited by raincookies on
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    You should definitely add these to the Dungeon Boss wiki.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • D_RoddD_Rodd Member
    Fantastic work! Great resource! Thank you much for your time on this, itirnitii
  • It's nice to see these visually. I especially like to see the OVERWHELMING number of warriors and the relationship between Caster and Magical traits. They should just get rid of the Caster trait and make them all Magical instead. Then give Zurk Magic hunter ... :naughty:.
  • Niiiice one!

BTW, you can see most attack types (for the ones you have yet to identify) by taking the hero into a dungeon.

For example, on Torchy's ability page Lock Jaw only reads "Silencing attack on an enemy".
    If you take him into a dungeon however + click on Lock Jaw it reads "Physical melee chomping attack". No idea why the two tooltips vary so much :S

Also, Necro Bolt is a spirit attack. Easiest way to test this is by going into one of the levels with those enemy Augustus dudes that are vulnerable to spirit and a damage indicator will pop up showing extra damage for spirit vulnerability when you hit them with the Bolt of Necro!

If this is true that is a great find! I will do some research on this.

One other thing I thought about doing was testing spirit attacks against Ekko in PVP. Also I believe there is a character with a passive that takes less damage against ranged attacks? I wish I could remember who that was if my memory is correct?
  • ZerniumZernium Member
    edited June 2016
    Void blade and necro bolt are spirit, if that helps.

EDIT: Also, nim's flaming arrow is fire. Isn't that a little obvious?
    Zernium
    Niiiice one!

Also, Necro Bolt is a spirit attack. Easiest way to test this is by going into one of the levels with those enemy Augustus dudes that are vulnerable to spirit and a damage indicator will pop up showing extra damage for spirit vulnerability when you hit them with the Bolt of Necro!

If this is true that is a great find! I will do some research on this.

One other thing I thought about doing was testing spirit attacks against Ekko in PVP. Also I believe there is a character with a passive that takes less damage against ranged attacks? I wish I could remember who that was if my memory is correct?
    kzal3071xnv5.png
    :smile:

• Fun fact: all of ponti's attacks are spirit. He cannot harm Ekko.
  • Fun fact: all of ponti's attacks are spirit. He cannot harm Ekko.

another fun fact: overlord executum's two offensive abilities are also spirit attacks and cannot harm ekko (whereas his regular attack may one shot ekko thanks to light hunter).
    edited June 2016
    Alright so I had to take a break for a week, had guests visiting.

After deliberating I decided to redo the ability list with a new format that will have a lot more detail. I also want to take a cleaner approach with less graphical clutter and more subtle effects.

Here's a teaser.

eauxqhsana2s.png
    mvut8d8e4ipy.png

Also thanks to raincookies I figured out a majority of the attack types I was missing so I will be able to add those!
  • If you are gonna update the Hero Classification Infographic chart, you should probably add Zen in there.
    There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons his presence makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • If you are gonna update the Hero Classification Infographic chart, you should probably add Zen in there.

yes that is on the docket too!