Infographic Project

Comments

• itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited July 2016
    Well here is the beginning of the remake Ability List that I am working on and it's definitely a behemoth of an image. Still a work in progress but at least the shell of it is done. My intention is to eventually add in detailed infographic information for each individual skill (damage values, number of attacks, attack targets, buffs/debuffs).

For now it just lists:
    (1) skills names (2) skill icons (3) cooldowns (4) attack range (melee vs. ranged) and (5) attack type (physical, spirit, fire, cold, etc)
    as96000dhnf2.png
    Post edited by itirnitii on
  • danacdanac Member
    itirnitii wrote: »
    Sometimes the soul just needs something creative to do

i hear you. That's why I always keep a supply of bedazzles, spackling, and captive groundhogs on hand.
  • danac wrote: »

i hear you. That's why I always keep a supply of bedazzles, spackling, and captive groundhogs on hand.

I am fresh outta groundhogs :(
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »

I am fresh outta groundhogs :(

use the Canadian version. They call them wolverines. But trust me, same thing.
  • Updated Hero Classification with Zen and Shieldmaiden Astrid. That makes for 21 warriors. Eep.

I also put in low opacity numbers for classes that have 8 or more heroes for a easy count.

sytmobgj6qal.png

edited July 2016
    The next template on the way.

g0u0rm1ewx2c.png
  • Very nice work with the info graphic charts.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    Updated Hero Classification with Zen and Shieldmaiden Astrid. That makes for 21 warriors. Eep.

I also put in low opacity numbers for classes that have 8 or more heroes for a easy count.

sytmobgj6qal.png

Bear in mind that when Pontifex Mortis reincarnates into Pontifex Returned upon death, he is tagged as a Slow, Undead, Caster.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • I love these infographics. You really do a steallar job with them.

My only suggestions (I know someone already mentioned this) would be to to group the heroes by color instead of alphabetical order which is relatively meaningless given the presentation. On the new evo chart, I would suggest you find a way to mark the "rare" ones so they stand out from the more common ones.

Great work!
  • Bear in mind that when Pontifex Mortis reincarnates into Pontifex Returned upon death, he is tagged as a Slow, Undead, Caster.

Since he's not a collectible hero I will probably leave it out for now. I also debated adding his skills to the ability chart but for similar reasons left it out. I would need to think of an elegant way to include this information.
    I love these infographics. You really do a steallar job with them.

My only suggestions (I know someone already mentioned this) would be to to group the heroes by color instead of alphabetical order which is relatively meaningless given the presentation. On the new evo chart, I would suggest you find a way to mark the "rare" ones so they stand out from the more common ones.

Great work!

Thanks Matt for the kind words. Both of your suggestions I will be inputting eventually. The Hero Classification chart ordered by color is a no brainer definitely a good suggestion just will have to find the time to rearrange.

I will definitely figure out a way to denote the rare celestials from the easy to get ones.

• MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    On the new evo chart, I would suggest you find a way to mark the "rare" ones so they stand out from the more common ones.
    I will definitely figure out a way to denote the rare celestials from the easy to get ones.
    I wrote a post about this yesterday, but probably didn't post it.

You could just make the color of the names different for the rare ones.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Wow... We need more flying heroes.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    Wow... We need more flying heroes.
    Nah, we have Torchy... Oh and Zen.. and Ekko, o no he's not 'flying'.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
    edited July 2016
    I am going to call it a day on this celestial evo chart for now. I still want to add a couple more pieces of info like campaign levels acquired and crafting materials needed, but that will have to wait for another update!

This chart currently tells you:
    How many celestial evos total you need to upgrade all heroes that require said celestial
    How many celestial evos each hero needs individually
    Whether the celestial evo is needed for first or second ascension
    Whether the celestial evo is hard to collect (legendary)

I still need to update all three infographics with the latest hero, Kozar, which I will do in the next few days.

The forum will definitely crunch this image, it can be clicked on to expand.

dv2pzvinm2ts.png
  • I love your work! I especially like seeing the total evos needed at a glance. It shows how overused Runed, Mind's Eye and Coldfire are.

It would valuable to distinguish rare from common celestials. Maybe with different colored text or a shimmer around the text.
  • I love your work! I especially like seeing the total evos needed at a glance. It shows how overused Runed, Mind's Eye and Coldfire are.

It would valuable to distinguish rare from common celestials. Maybe with different colored text or a shimmer around the text.

I still have some more aesthetic changes to make as I add Kozar. But I may steal that shimmer idea and turn it into something!
  • I put a light glow around the rare evos, they also have a backdrop with an eagle that says "legendary" above it. That may change but I will keep it for now. I removed the backdrops for the common evos.

Will add Kozar to all infographics soon.

4euzlqufaqca.png
    Alright so I had to take a break for a week, had guests visiting.

After deliberating I decided to redo the ability list with a new format that will have a lot more detail. I also want to take a cleaner approach with less graphical clutter and more subtle effects.

Here's a teaser.

eauxqhsana2s.png
    mvut8d8e4ipy.png

Also thanks to raincookies I figured out a majority of the attack types I was missing so I will be able to add those!
    Ah I was wondering why you were including those 3 lines of arrows on each tile. Seemed like it was taking up a lot of space for no reason. Now I get it.

These are awesome, really well done. Love the celestial and hero classification ones.
    centralcommand
  • dunkodunko Member
    Fantastic job. ONly one request for us "old" guys who playing this. On the Character Traits, it would be super with slightly larger icons of the characters. :). Once you pass the magical 40, reading glasses is following you in to the next chapter in your life. LOL

Really nice work. Kudos and big thumbs up for what you did.

Thanks,

-Dunko
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited July 2016
    Really nice work. On *all* of the charts.

My only comment would be that I would probably ditch the three rows of chevrons on the bottom of each square (or make them far less pronounced than they are currently). I feel like they detract from the graphic -- definitely reduce readability.
  • I want these charts stickies so I don't have to search for them all the time.
  • Nice job. I tried to do something similar myself but with different heroes and traits that cooperated with each other so you could put together a good group based on a trait you were trying to take advantage of...it also looked like spiral graph on steroids.
    Updated Hero Classification with Zen and Shieldmaiden Astrid. That makes for 21 warriors. Eep.

sytmobgj6qal.png

@itirnitii Not trying to do any nitpicking here but kozar should be added also.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

edited July 2016
    @itirnitii Not trying to do any nitpicking here but kozar should be added also.

Sorry Pokemon Go has completed eaten all my time lately! Once the newness wears off I can get back into this more heavily!

Kozar will be added to all charts soon. Boss Mode "soon" (TM)

Also apparently Shieldmaiden Astrid was fixed and is now a Tank too, as she should be.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Really nice work. On *all* of the charts.
    My only comment would be that I would probably ditch the three rows of chevrons on the bottom of each square (or make them far less pronounced than they are currently). I feel like they detract from the graphic -- definitely reduce readability.

The Chevrons will have a purpose, I will be placing attack values and skill qualifiers in there eventually. I am thinking of lowering their opacity though to make them less visible and lower visual clutter.
    dunko wrote: »
    Fantastic job. ONly one request for us "old" guys who playing this. On the Character Traits, it would be super with slightly larger icons of the characters. :). Once you pass the magical 40, reading glasses is following you in to the next chapter in your life. LOL

Really nice work. Kudos and big thumbs up for what you did.

Thanks,

-Dunko

One thing to keep in mind is the images do get squeezed onto the forum page. One thing that can be done is either save the image on your desktop and view it in your preferred image viewer at 100%. Or click the image and your browser will open another page where you can see the image in its full size.

If that's STILL too small, let me know and I will definitely take that feedback into consideration. I'm 33 and wear glasses so I always figure if I can see it most can! haha.

• Just want to mention that I refer to your Hero Classification chart for all the team specific PVP quests. I don't know why it's so hard to find the set of all healers/casters/etc in-game.
    edited August 2016
    So Pokemon Go has really distracted me (just hit level 26!). I definitely intend to keep updating and adding new charts.

I added Kozar to the latest Celestial chart (runed, shadow, and subterranean) and tomorrow I will add him to the classification chart, and I tend to rearrange it by color as well.
    I also removed some of the visual clutter I did not like which is common for me in projects that I tend to do (less is more). I'll just stick with the white glow around the rare evos. I also added a much needed header.

97stjgmbitt3.png

So Pokemon Go has really distracted me (just hit level 26!). I definitely intend to keep updating and adding new charts.

I added Kozar to the latest Celestial chart (runed, shadow, and subterranean) and tomorrow I will add him to the classification chart, and I tend to rearrange it by color as well.
    I also removed some of the visual clutter I did not like which is common for me in projects that I tend to do (less is more). I also added a much needed header.

97stjgmbitt3.png

This is awesome! Love the display and the way you broken out 1st ascension by 2nd ascension. Great work.
  • Wow! This is amazing! Thank you.
  • r0sie wrote: »
    Wow! This is amazing! Thank you.

You're welcome, and since this got bumped I just want to say updates with Hagrim are coming shortly, and a new chart.