Infographic Project

Comments

• itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited September 2016
    Just moved from Boston to California so have been doing some major driving and packing the past couple weeks, but finally have something to update.

Hero classification is completely redone.

Major changes:
    - Hagrim and Kozar are included so all heroes are up to date.
    - "Ogre" is a new classification as a result occupied solely by Kozar.
    - All heroes are now sorted primary by color/element in their respective classification followed secondarily by alphabetical.

Minor changes:
    - Hero classifications with only 1 or 2 heroes now use a cirlcle so that the entire hex isn't littered with background icons, removing some visual emphasis
    - I gave each hex a tiny white border to make the hexes most visible on a dark background.
    - The colorful backgrounds behind the tokens are now fuller
    - A minor adjustment I made just for myself which is very important in the scope of design. Each classification, depending on how many heroes dwell within it, now has a determined hex size based on that quantity. So the size of the hex now has meaning in relation to the number of heroes in that classification. Any category whose number of heroes passes a multiple of 5 will graduate into the next corresponding hex size. I had to do this because I could tell as more and more heroes got implemented I was going to run into spacing problems (I'm looking at you Warrior class).

9frl1tn6unis.png

Post edited by itirnitii on
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    This is fantastic stuff! Can you PM me so that I can ask you some Qs?
  • As always love your work. I wish these were stickied somewhere. I hate having to dig for them. Maybe Joveth is about to help with that!
    edited June 24
    Celestial Evo chart now complete with Hagrim. If Mind's Eye gets anymore heroes I'm going to have to expand the framework a bit.

[removed]
  • As always love your work. I wish these were stickied somewhere. I hate having to dig for them. Maybe Joveth is about to help with that!

Maybe a job offer? B)
    edited September 2016
    A small taste for what is in store

pj6ommegfueo.png

qg4v00gpmrgt.png

vr332d22yjet.png

• Very cool stuff! Great work!
  • I can't help but notice that Icebloom's shadow is icepick! Balog and Bovus shadow both line up.

The devil is in the details :P Cool looking though!
    edited September 2016
    I can't help but notice that Icebloom's shadow is icepick! Balog and Bovus shadow both line up.

The devil is in the details :P Cool looking though!

It's funny you mention that, I was trying to use the tokens as a silhouette, and while some of the tokens look like a nice even hexagon shape they are in fact... just not. Most of the newer tokens are quite misshapen. If you look at daeris, astrid, kozar, etc. they have these weird thick borders. Icebloom was no exception her tokens silhouette had holes in it. So I put in a duplicate of icepicks, haha.

Unfortunately too the tokens don't always blend well together side by side which held me back from some other ideas I wanted to do. They tend to either leave gaps inbetween eachother or overlap which was kind of frustrating.

Good catch!
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited September 2016
    The beast hunter chart is amazing at showing the value of this style of presentation. Simplistic and full of information. Well done!!

I can't wait for you to start on runes :smiley:
  • Great job man! :o

Just one small detail I noticed. Astrid is not in the armored group.
  • edited September 2016
    very impressive
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • Splendid work!
  • G4BIBI wrote: »
    Great job man! :o

Just one small detail I noticed. Astrid is not in the armored group.

!!!!!!

Wow I thought I fixed this. When she was released she was not armored and DB fixed it. Oops! Will address! Thank you.

• The beast hunter chart is amazing at showing the value of this style of presentation. Simplistic and full of information. Well done!!

I can't wait for you to start on runes :smiley:

Runes is.... on the way. Ideas are churning. Wish I had more time in the day!
    edited June 24
    Armored is now in its proper place with 17 heroes, Astrid included...

....until just now with the new hero being released. High King Valkin: legendary, armored, dwarf, warrior. Blue hero.

[removed]
    edited October 2016
    It appears my new project has too big a file size, going to have to remove and figure out a work around.
  • your project is missing some of the more recent heroes
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
    edited October 2016
    Only High King Valkin for most of them, which will be fixed shortly. The ability/cooldown list needs a rehash because a lot of that info changed with the recent "big update" so that will be coming next with some additions as well.

I have my next project done but its the biggest effort to date and the file size is too big (79MB) and I really don't want to split it up into two images.

Maybe @Joveth can help? The current max upload is 50MB.

Working on solutions and then will update, stuck at work in the mean time!
    edited June 24
    Alright I gave in and split the image in two for now. Be warned these images will take a bit to load and are very large. I may have gotten a bit in over my head on this one.

This is my current iteration for a passive chart. Each passive is listed alphabetically and tells you some basic information about that passive in relation to our current heroes in the game. There are over 180 passives, so as you can imagine this was quite the endeavor and there are probably errors. Not every single counter is mentioned either, mostly only hard counters. I'd like to notate soft counters at some point as well in the future. For instance "Fire Immune" I could list all heroes that have at least one fire-type attack.

I have some alternate ideas in mind that might pragmatically make more sense than this mega-chart. Maybe just having some charts for specific types of passive categories. Like, "X Hunter" (fire, beast, dwarf, goblin, etc), or "X Immune" (fear, silence, freeze, etc), or "stat boost all allies in element X" (fire, water, nature, etc).

Quick notes:
    - I remade every single token using my own custom designed hexagon "frame" so that every token size and shape is identical. I will be using these frameworks and reapplying them in my other works (celestial chart and hero classification chart).
    - I reworked a lot of the passive descriptions to be less convoluted, but there are definitely some inconsistencies I need to address. I tried to separate each distinct thing a passive does into separate notations. I avoided the word "and" as much as possible.
    - I am missing about 10 images for passive icons for the newer passives. Unlike my tokens which I print screened from the game to create, I steal these passive icons from the Dungeon Boss Wiki and they are missing a lot of the more recently introduced passives since "The Big Update". At some point I will have to work these in.

[removed]

• just a quick heads up, a new reptile hero has arrived on the scene so it might be a while before you add him to the infographic chart... (same with High king Valkin)
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
    edited October 2016
    more work ahead of me!

edited June 24
    Okay, updated Hero Classification Chart with Valkin and Krexx. We now have 3 reptiles, 6 dwarves, 7 legendary heroes, 19 armored, 17 tanks, 24 warriors (yeesh!)

I also redid all of the tokens with all the new frames I made for uniformity, made all the token polygons circles, textured the backdrops a bit, made a new header, and made the white border around the hexes more prominent.

Celestial Evo chart update tomorrow.
    [removed]
    edited January 3
    I always over edit my comments. Doh.

New chart with Shade. Updated a bit for aesthetics.

White borders around tokens to help them be more visible. Darker backgrounds.
    edited June 24
    Celestial Evo Chart updated with Shade and reworked a bit.

Working on my next chart and going to slim down the Ability List and Passive List to more digestible forms soon.

[removed]
  • Nice to see Ekko isn't alone anymore in the "Spirit" category... Shade can keep him company.

Poor Kozar and Rocky..

• TTS1000TTS1000 Member
    edited December 2016
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Nice to see Ekko isn't alone anymore in the "Spirit" category... Shade can keep him company.

Poor Kozar and Rocky..

They have lots of friends since they are in magical or warrior. They just need their alone time ;)
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm finding the graph very useful for the current events when I'm looking for warrior friends or a team to put together for PVP

Thanks @itirnitii !

• kalamadea wrote: »
    I'm finding the graph very useful for the current events when I'm looking for warrior friends or a team to put together for PVP

Thanks @itirnitii !

Glad I could help!