Hero Spotlight: Zen

6wdlrpjeaeop.png

Note: To keep the forces of evil off his trail, Zen will only be available in the Heroic Portal this weekend (6/9-6/13). He'll be back at some point in the future though!

Background: For decades, Zen has lead a peaceful life, watching the world from his home high up in the mountains and sharing his powerful light knowledge with the brave few who sought him out. But the growing Darkness caused him to take action and descend into the fray, bringing his powerful light healing powers into the legendary battle against the Boss of Darkness! As with all the Heroes that fought on that epic he was locked away in the portal for what felt like an eternity. Whilst floating between dimensions, he had a vision of the Boss of Darkness' grand plan and has been working tirelessly to escape and warn the Heroes of the coming evil!

Most Disappointed In: Pontifex. Why?: Let’s be honest he isn’t really much better than the Lich.

Element: Light: +30% bonus against DARK enemies.

Tags: Fast, Flying, Healer

Traits:
  • Fast: Attacks before other characters.
  • Flying: Takes less damage from Melee attacks.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Pop and Cover: Basic Ranged Spirit attack that adds an Aegis Shield to Zen.
  • Enlightenment: Heal an ally and grants them one turn of Haste and additional Speed.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo Larva: 32
  • Light Evo: 14
  • Fire Evo Larva: 12
  • Astral Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Light Heart: Increase Health by 15% for all Light allies.
  • Immunize: Each ally healed will gain Impervious (Cannot be Poisoned, Burned, Frozen, Chilled, Shocked, nor Diseased) for two turns.
New Ability!
  • Meditation: Heal all allies, ad make them immune to Silence for 2 turns.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Nature Evo: 25
  • Light Evo Monarch: 17
  • Mind’s Eye Evo: 8
  • Diamond Evo: 2
New Traits!
  • Light Heart II: Increase Health by 25% for all Light allies.
  • Beloved: When this hero is killed, all allies will attack the killer.
New Ability!
  • Safe Haven: Heal and remove all debuffs from ally and give them Invincibility for one turn.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Oh hey hes that guy on that thing Which I cant remember.

I also feel like he is the exact same reason kai was created. To counter a whole meta, let me guess he has tank like stats.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• Why not calling him Zynga? Nice healer however.
    phpb8qwzqv7o.gif
    We Raid Far Right
    rh8t92shq99a.jpg

• Nine pulls
    si60f2ngslhc.png
  • ...let me guess he has tank like stats.

Health-wise, yes: At level 61, 3* FA Zen has 5100 health (with his light ally boost), compared to 5400+ for 4* FA Kai... so basically the same health. However, Zen's Defense is only 1042, compared to Kai's (excessive) 1632, so Zen will be easier to damage. On the other hand, Zen's ability to Aegis Shield himself on basic attack (the only attack he seems to have), probably makes him even more survivable in the long run.

Now let's play some PVP and figure out how it works in practice! :)
  • Considering he looks like a god, at least it's nice to know they have given up pretending new heros are balanced.

Power creep for the win.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Solid tower fodder. Against a team with no fast heroes, he's guaranteed to eat one hit! That's what new heroes are released for now right?

That's what my Corbressa and aether twins are for too. Love soaking hits so my good characters can actually do their jobs.
  • edited June 2016
    Solid tower fodder. Against a team with no fast heroes, he's guaranteed to eat one hit! That's what new heroes are released for now right?

Nonesense. He should take 2 hits too (if you put up shield first turn).
    zntCIcd.gif
  • edited June 2016
    4tom wrote: »
    Solid tower fodder. Against a team with no fast heroes, he's guaranteed to eat one hit! That's what new heroes are released for now right?

I'm not sure what kind of teams you go up against, but when I see 3 star heroes I happily accept a faceroll victory. 3 star kai/3 star furnace/3 star zomm. They are getting train wrecked by 6 star heroes.
  • edited June 2016
    But in all truth. He's kind of a cool hero and will mess up the meta quite a bit.

That's always fun.

Also, I like the design. Though maybe he should be a dwarf? Always hoping they'd add more dwarf lore... then again, if he were a dwarf he'd probably be able to heal construct and that'd be ridiculous.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • 4tom wrote: »
    But in all truth. He's kind of a cool hero and will mess up the meta quite a bit.

That's always fun.

Assuming you can get him past 3* I'm sure, but time will only tell.
  • 4tom wrote: »

I'm not sure what kind of teams you go up against, but when I see 3 star heroes I happily accept a faceroll victory. 3 star kai/3 star furnace/3 star zomm. They are getting train wrecked by 6 star heroes.

I'm 63, so I don't face the biggest whales. But I do fight a lot of all 6-star teams. I find 3* kai does his job for me (on offense), which is survive the first fast hit and then dampen everyone's AoE.

The same goes with this dude. His real job seems to be to haste/+speed a single disabler. He should do that job fine.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • edited June 2016
    DA GURU!!
    Zernium
  • So based on the dungeons the Boss of Darkness' new plan is... Dark Bovus???
  • OMG ... its him

vyef8bij9ov5.png

this is the moment that I've been waiting for
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• Managed to get him to 5 stars with some lucky heroic pulls. Let's hope he turns out to be decent!
  • he is overpowered, combine him with icebloom's misdirect and your team suffers like zero damage, devs, tip: remove the aegis shield on his normal attack
  • Wait...does this mean the start of a zen Bovus meta?
    Current Level: 70! King of the hill!
    IGN MooCopYT
    Shared Hero: Kira
    Favourite Hero: Mausta Kira (6* and runed up to 3k attack!)
    Officer in Spud Brigade
  • This is all intentional. They need to come out with "must have" heroes that function well at 3 and 4 stars so people will be inclined to spend money to get them. I guess it also helps with the issue of not being able to star the legacy heroes -- if they release enough new heroes that are OP, then not being able to 6* the older heroes isn't as big of an issue.
  • Hi @Joel @Joveth is Zen staying in the Heroic portal after the event?
  • The power creep continues.....
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • I feel so lucky. On the bramble event, I got Bramble first try, and now on this event, I got Zen first try
    There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons his presence makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • I have noticed that in round 1 in a PVP battle Zen will use a basic attack instead of his first special. I'm assuming this is a bug?
    Gmun
  • gmun wrote: »
    I have noticed that in round 1 in a PVP battle Zen will use a basic attack instead of his first special. I'm assuming this is a bug?

Might be tied to it being a healing spell and having no injured party members? Kinda like how Emily/Augustus only uses their heals if an ally is injured?

Dunno tho.
  • FYI, Zen is a PvP game changer. He's not like a terribly OP hero, but let him alone too long with the right team and things get mean. He's most impressive to be used on offense.
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • Did we really need another healer? or a light hero/healer for that matter? i have a huge light hero roster b/c i love the way they play but with augustus and sifu and leo and bd and kira and alexandros and emily and aria.... i feel like we cant really appreciate Zen
  • Managed to get him to 5 stars with some lucky heroic pulls. Let's hope he turns out to be decent!

5 star already??
    xD

nzvcnw0e2k2o.jpg

• @GioUnit You shouldn't underestimate the power of Zen. :D
    z8739qn4og6c.png