Hero Spotlight: Zen

Comments

• GioUnit wrote: »
    Did we really need another healer? or a light hero/healer for that matter? i have a huge light hero roster b/c i love the way they play but with augustus and sifu and leo and bd and kira and alexandros and emily and aria.... i feel like we cant really appreciate Zen

Zen might be healer per se, but it's his Fast trait and Enlightenment skill that makes him an offense type hero.

A hero with normal speed can now attack with a temporary Fast trait. I am quickly dismantling defenses with this "enlightenment" (pun intended).

On a normal non-Zen pvp fight, my aoe attacker has to wait a turn. If he gets disabled ie frozen, immune, etc, then maybe 2-3 turns more before he can attack with his special skill. With Zen, the normal hero can attack before all normal heroes so bypassing the disables (of course barring scenarios with fast heroes already like Indigo). Plus this hero can attack again due to the haste bonus.
  • robotowar wrote: »
    GioUnit wrote: »
    Did we really need another healer? or a light hero/healer for that matter? i have a huge light hero roster b/c i love the way they play but with augustus and sifu and leo and bd and kira and alexandros and emily and aria.... i feel like we cant really appreciate Zen

Zen might be healer per se, but it's his Fast trait and Enlightenment skill that makes him an offense type hero.

A hero with normal speed can now attack with a temporary Fast trait. I am quickly dismantling defenses with this "enlightenment" (pun intended).

On a normal non-Zen pvp fight, my aoe attacker has to wait a turn. If he gets disabled ie frozen, immune, etc, then maybe 2-3 turns more before he can attack with his special skill. With Zen, the normal hero can attack before all normal heroes so bypassing the disables (of course barring scenarios with fast heroes already like Indigo). Plus this hero can attack again due to the haste bonus.

What heroes are you finding him most useful to combine with? Obviously bovus is thought of immediately but I feel I would still typically want torchy as I often rely on bat out of hell to finish off the last person.
  • no one care about new hero, not gona pull it.
    I don't have medusa/zen and my aria/ember are 1*.
    xddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • In case not read elsewhere or I have missed it, will zen be permenantly in the heroic portal?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    ace_1650cp wrote: »
    In case not read elsewhere or I have missed it, will zen be permenantly in the heroic portal?

Zen is just around for this event. We've added an extra line to the event thread to clarify this. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Some estimates of Zen at various star levels. Let me know if anyone has actuals that can compare to see if I'm accurate.

h8w81v57sm6m.jpg
  • vegapunkz wrote: »
    Why not calling him Zynga?

He's not from Farmville is he?

• I'm both happy and frustrated. Happy because Zen seems like a really cool hero. Frustrated because this hero is for a limited time, so if I don't manage to pull him I'm gonna have to wait! Please please please, make a future event where a bunch of limited heroes are available at the same time. That would be wonderful
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Is he actually fast? I unlocked him but he doesn't have fast trait listed like everyone else that is fast.
  • Drew21Drew21 Member
    edited June 2016
    bosscalvin wrote: »
    Is he actually fast? I unlocked him but he doesn't have fast trait listed like everyone else that is fast.

He is literally tagged "fast flying healer" so yes he is fast.

I would imagine they just didn't get the trait put in right or will fix it later.
  • I'm just curious what has it been with these fast casters being created recenty @Joveth can we get the team that makes the heroes to give a bit of info on it?
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• melkiomelkio Member
    this hero is plain stupid as it caused an unneeded and never requested augustus nerf.

who spends real money on getting this hero isn't any better
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • stroopstroop Member
    I am happy with the whole being three star and still op but they need to bring out dungeons for these impossible to star heroes cause otherwise it takes money or a huge amount of tower grinding to get these heroes six star it needs to be fair for all cause I no longer spend money on this greedy game looks like a good hero though wish he would actually drop in heroic portal for me
  • gmun wrote: »
    I don't even see why they wouldn't want to do that because people used to buy crazy amounts of gems going for those tourney wins. Now its.... 600 aether / 0.92 Aria tokens.

FTFY. ;)
  • edited June 2016
    I have been a Pontifex fan since I first saw him after starting this game, and now I have a new favorite. Zen is EPIC! 1v1 he can't lose since he gets a shield after every attack. So unless the attacker has an attack that hits several times, it's like Pontifex vs Ekko and Pontifex can't damage Ekko :3
    He heals which is a plus. Makes ANY HERO FAST! Like, wow...a god just stepped into Dungeon Boss! Now in PvP Bovus can go first on your team! Not only is Stone Fist and Nub Nub going to be a real pain now, but this creates so many new combinations and hero combos. This is one hero that seems worth paying money for even if you guys think DB devs are some evil mastermind leeching money from everyone. He is a useful 3* so it doesn't matter if he's not coming back for a while. Also: Zen, Ekko, Nub Nub, Yokozuna ;)
  • robotowarrobotowar Member
    edited June 2016
    melkio wrote: »
    this hero is plain stupid as it caused an unneeded and never requested augustus nerf.

who spends real money on getting this hero isn't any better

What is your logical explanation why this hero is stupid?

Why is someone spending real money on this hero isn't any better? So the ones who spent real money on other heroes are way better? Not sure if I follow your rant
  • Augustus is definitely the loser here, he really didn't deserve to be nerfed. And he really didn't deserve the lego makeover :(
  • melkiomelkio Member
    @robotowar maybe you wanted me to talk about the fact that every hero without a dual-hit skill stands literally no chance even against a lv1 zen?

does this soun ANY fair to you? but yeah, to support this idiotic design, Augustus, one of the most well-rounded and balanced heroes in this game, HE deserved a nerf. 100% reasonable to me.

Someone spending real money on this hero is just supporting this crappy gamemaking decisions, and deserves this game to become more and more poor (as it is) while sinking more and more money in it.

The whole design of zen and decision to nerf augustus is against game balance, if you ask me. it is against it because a hero that used to buff 55 others got nerfed in favor of one that buffs itself. if you call this balance, we have different ideas on it.

so yeah, didn't want to offend anyone in particular, except zen, and wanted to point out that supporting these heroes will inevitably lead to a balance death.

i wish all of those who are willing to, a nice time sinking money :)
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • 8t0a5m683m81.png

6* Zen, and they say the whale is dead...
    Level 70 - IGN - Metafrey

• But I thought immediately 6 starring heroes was unintended?? Oh that's right, it was only intended to be a lot more expensive, my bad.

On topic, this hero continues the trend of making the old ones irrelevant, I guess we can look forward to a lot more of this.

• melkio wrote: »
    @robotowar maybe you wanted me to talk about the fact that every hero without a dual-hit skill stands literally no chance even against a lv1 zen?

does this soun ANY fair to you? but yeah, to support this idiotic design, Augustus, one of the most well-rounded and balanced heroes in this game, HE deserved a nerf. 100% reasonable to me.

Someone spending real money on this hero is just supporting this crappy gamemaking decisions, and deserves this game to become more and more poor (as it is) while sinking more and more money in it.

The whole design of zen and decision to nerf augustus is against game balance, if you ask me. it is against it because a hero that used to buff 55 others got nerfed in favor of one that buffs itself. if you call this balance, we have different ideas on it.

so yeah, didn't want to offend anyone in particular, except zen, and wanted to point out that supporting these heroes will inevitably lead to a balance death.

There's no such thing as 1 vs 1 in PVP. It's a team (well of course if someone puts a Zen only defender and you blindly send 1 hero to attack). Why are you pitting Zen on 1 vs 1 scenario? How relevant is that use case to the majority of players.

Augustus wasn't nerfed. The Aegis stacking is a bug. No, I'm not saying it's a bug because DB said it is. If you already have Aegis activated, why is there a need to activate Aegis again? I know it's convenient but that's not intentional. Should we allow Daze (or any ability) stacking as well? Why does Aegis get the special attention of being able to stack?

Whether Augustus was nerfed or not (by your definition) does not make the game balance either. People had been already complaining how imbalance the game is even before Augustus is nerfed.

I am able to hit ranks 1-3 with my Augustus in PvP without taking advantage of the stacking bug. I'm able to do the challenge mode without also taking advantage of the stacking bug. So not sure how the nerf makes you weaker.

Zen is a game changer whether Augustus was nerfed or not (again by your definition).

I still don't see the logic why someone spending real money with Zen is "lesser" than someone who paid real money on other heroes. Just because you don't like it personally does not give you right to call people who bought Zen with real money "lesser". If I will play along with your logic, since I have paid multiple heroes in the past, so I have accumulated enough "better" points and I also paid for Zen and accumulated one "lesser" points. I guess I'm still what you categorized as better lol. (I do find that logic weird).
  • melkiomelkio Member
    FYI, other abilities stack. ever tried overfreezing a character? yes, it works.

overdazing (e.g. yoko + therand)? works as well.

how about overshocking? turns out this again is a case.

so yeah, JUST LIKE any other status, aegis status modification should stack, heh.

as per pvp, wall stacking is useless and i'm not even sure why you mention it. for pve, it depends. idk your level nor your roster, but definitely beating campaign at a level as low as mine reuires (and deserves) some help.

a 15 level gap makes all the difference. to me aegis wall is life saving, to you it might be a good addition.

zen is a game changer, and indeed 1vs1 scenarios happen. i had one in tower for myself. would you believe it? augustus vs zen, how freaking ridiculous.
    a guildie had one in pvp (ponti vs zen, the reincarnation wouldnt retalliate often enough to keep up with zen's heals).

but yeah, so it goes right? who cares if the heroes actually able to stand a chance against this are 10 or less, right? you have your puppy and you wanna enjoy it.

but feel free to close your eyes in front of a F2P nerf like this. i wish you that you won't ever need the money you might pour here
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • Drew21Drew21 Member
    robotowar wrote: »
    melkio wrote: »

There's no such thing as 1 vs 1 in PVP. It's a team (well of course if someone puts a Zen only defender and you blindly send 1 hero to attack). Why are you pitting Zen on 1 vs 1 scenario? How relevant is that use case to the majority of players.

I have already been in a 1v1 scenario with Zen ( I lost of course) and have only fought 3 Zen teams, I don't know why you think 1v1 doesn't happen a fair amount in pvp
  • brinstarbrinstar Member
    edited June 2016
    Zen is way too OP. This game is slowly killing itself. Slow down, devs, and take some time to buff our old friends, make newer events, fix the portals, and nerf Kai and the other OP heroes. That'll get the game going again.

Haha gotta love the BD, Masuta, Zen, and Aria combo. Light heroes unite!
  • Metafrey wrote: »

6* Zen, and they say the whale is dead...

I think this is a side effect of the mass war chests some early whales accumulated of free summons an gems. 1-2 more heroes and it will be either wallet time to keep it up or we will see a whole new group of folks joining the cause to put some sanity back into the portals.

Bring back the original Heroic and VIP portals.

New players the chances of getting a hero to 6* after the portal change is nil. If you obtain VIP5 and gain access to the VIP portal maximizing a new hero costs approximately $550.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Since Zen's first ability has a healing component, it can't be used on Constructs (Furnace and Alex). Is there a way to make it work on them to get the haste/speed increase and just ignore healing part?
  • melkiomelkio Member
    @Foozle do we want to make zen more OP than what it currently is? :)
    pls don't say yes :)
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • melkio wrote: »
    @Foozle do we want to make zen more OP than what it currently is? :)
    pls don't say yes :)

Yes.

Let the Broken Games begin.
  • Honest question here.

What makes Zen broken? I have him at 5 stars and though he is useful in certain niche situations (I find myself most often using him against BD Bovus x x), I hardly feel he is game altering like Kai. I would love to know how I could be better using him to my advantage however!