Hero Spotlight: Zen

13»

Comments

• Zen disrupts the current state of things. And that's good for minds with some plasticity. If you can't think of new possibilities, it's time to put the game down and read a book.

Enlightenment increases speed +1, correct? A slow goes to normal, or a normal goes to fast. That's my interpretation of the description. I think Zen fills a gap for the fully integrated Light team. Blue has Yas, William, Selwyn and Indigo. There is the goblin team, the undead team, the fire team(s), etc. Light has Aug and Emily, but I would typically need Nub or Yas to supplement.

Zen may (re)make Leo a serious contender in dungeon defense (I am not calling it PvP because it isn't). Imagine Sun worship (fast) followed by Blade Storm?
  • melkiomelkio Member
    @MattCauthron i have it but only 3* and did not make a deep use of him in pvp yet.

however, it acts better than any current fast-silence as
    - it has no miss chance on his 1st skill, which basically acts as a silence+heal+haste (LOL), <- compare this to the 87.5% silence of indigo or to torchy.
    - he is a healer on all 3 abilities (i guess?),
    - has twice as much as the HP torchy has,
    - gains divine shield upon basic atk,
    - has the flying trait, which just improves its survivability once more for NO drawback
    - his atk is ranged/spirit, which prevents all of the revenges except nub nub and pontifex's reincarnation
    - beloved: free hit for all the team. this is the opposite of julius's third ability, basically. but he does this passively.
    - at first ascension, his skill just gives complete immunity for 2 turns to the whole team. legit.

this hero might not show a clear synergy (let me rephrase, did you try zen-leo,BD,MK?), let's say, it only has one HORRIFIC synergy.
    however, saying it is one of the most well rounded, survivable and self sufficient characters in the game is not enough.

maybe he doesn't counter the kai-furnace meta so well, but for sure this is one more counter to the disabler defense meta. (yet allowing the attacking to use a fast-disabler strategy).
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • Slammma wrote: »
    Zen disrupts the current state of things. And that's good for minds with some plasticity. If you can't think of new possibilities, it's time to put the game down and read a book.

Enlightenment increases speed +1, correct? A slow goes to normal, or a normal goes to fast. That's my interpretation of the description. I think Zen fills a gap for the fully integrated Light team. Blue has Yas, William, Selwyn and Indigo. There is the goblin team, the undead team, the fire team(s), etc. Light has Aug and Emily, but I would typically need Nub or Yas to supplement.

Zen may (re)make Leo a serious contender in dungeon defense (I am not calling it PvP because it isn't). Imagine Sun worship (fast) followed by Blade Storm?

He make slow heros fast.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• Just had a raid that wasn't going to well but it ended up being my Zen vs. Lady Nim at the end and I won easily using the basic attacks to activate his aegis shield. So unless there is a lot of green on the other team he's taken over Torchy's roll for me since he can take a crit from BD better.
  • Also if the other guy doesn't have a disabler in the 1st normal spot you can use Zen on a tank like Yoko to sumo stomp and taunt all in one turn.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    kpung07 wrote: »
    Also if the other guy doesn't have a disabler in the 1st normal spot you can use Zen on a tank like Yoko to sumo stomp and taunt all in one turn.
    Well to me he has basically taken over Indigo's roll.

Torchy is auto-silence, has a strong follow up red attack and boosts Julius spectacularly. When facing a team not lead by BD and I want to send in the beasts or need a strong red attack to guaranteed finish a tsume I'll still use torchy.

But previously I used to replace torchy with Indigo when the team was lead by BD since she can survive a blade storm crit and torchy can't. The caveat was there was like a 15% chance she wouldn't silence the enemy and would get you wrecked. Now that Zen can survive a storm crit and bring a bovus or igo up to fast speed I don't really need indigo in pvp anymore.

Generally agree, but need to be careful that your Zen is strong enough to survive Blade Storm. If there is a 3 level difference and enough of a star/ascension difference, Blade Storm can one shot Zen. See:

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/130221/#Comment_130221
  • 4tom4tom Member
    Loving Zen.

He's useful and the best part is that he's actually better at 3-stars and a low level than at 6-stars... really his job is to buff bramble/leo/dhaegon/etc and then hurry up and die.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • zen is crap, although pop n cover is op. his first heal ability only heals 1 guy, and his aoe heals dont start powered, and by the time it recharged, your team is probably dead
  • In dungeon defense, Zen does his normal attack first, Pop and Cover (based on replaying attacks). I would prefer he Enlightens one of the other defenders first (Selwyn or Igo e.g.). Normally, hero's in defense cycle through their powered abilities. Any way to position Zen to Enlighten right out of the gate? Have the devs thought about giving players more control over defense?
  • Have a decent guide of Zen his abilities and how I rune him on twitch.
    You can hop over to Rune section of forums for link.
    Follow me on Twitch @Auraofsmiles
13»