Defense Team that tricks the attacker

Ivan8orIvan8or Member
edited June 2016 in Community Creations
This is a team of characters that work to convince the attacker to bring out an all earth team, then destroy it with the offensive capabilities of the furnace. Most people dont believe that the furnace is capable of outputting high damage in worthwhile amounts, but i am here to say otherwise.

https://youtu.be/lLoya_zb0uQ

So long and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear
You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that
grow around you
So long, so long and thanks
for all the fish
(more lyrics, but no room :()

Comments

• That previous signature though. :lol:

:)
  • ikr it was pretty great ;)
    grow around you
    for all the fish
  • I fought a very similar team to this 2 weeks ago and still remember because of how close I was to losing. It was BD/Kai/Therand/Furance. The main issue is Kai doesn't effect Therand's AOE. I think your team might be a little easier though as igorok doesn't pose as big a threat as BD in my mind.

I'd probably go with something basic like Indigo Aug Zomm Nub. I'd silence Therand, then wait for freeze to wear off. Next round I would remove furnace taunt and eat Therand's first hit, but freeze would have worn off so it no longer gets the 1.5 multiplier. Use Zomm's ability on Therand to make sure he can't use his next 2 abilities and heal up with Nub. Depending on how low Therand was at this point I woul attempt to finish him off (I think Igorok doesn't taunt until round 4 and this would be round 3 letting me hit him again with Indigo Aug Zomm and Nubb). From that point the fight would be easy.

If indigo fails to silence therand you might lose on the spot. Solid lineup though! Therand makes things much more difficult specifically because he is broken right now due to Kai not affecting him.
  • That is a very nice and functional idea, and it would most likely work on this particular team. However, most of the people that i'm seeing right now aren't as experienced about these situations so hopefully they wont be able to react to this as logically ;) I also wouldn't expect people down here to have both Zomm and Indigo ascended enough and upgraded enough for legitimate use, but it would very well work in theory :)
    grow around you
    for all the fish
  • Ivan8or wrote: »
    This is a team of characters that work to convince the attacker to bring out an all earth team, then destroy it with the offensive capabilities of the furnace. Most people dont believe that the furnace is capable of outputting high damage in worthwhile amounts, but i am here to say otherwise.

I don't feel like that video really supports your claim at your defensive team being good. Not saying it isn't, just that this particular battle doesn't support it.

The attacker used his Nub to do a normal direct attack on The Furnace instead of using Voodoo heal on his team. I mean, c'mon, really?
  • That is a valid counter for my composition i would say, and it would probably work out most of the time. Of course, most people who are around lvl 50 aren't experienced enough to judge the composition and come up with a viable counter like that, instead hoping that the elemental difference would be enough to give them the win. Additionaly, i would assume that not many level 50s have access to both a functional Zomm and Indigo, but the counter would work very well in theory.
    grow around you
    for all the fish
  • Ivan8orIvan8or Member
    edited June 2016
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Ivan8or wrote: »

I don't feel like that video really supports your claim at your defensive team being good. Not saying it isn't, just that this particular battle doesn't support it.

The attacker used his Nub to do a normal direct attack on The Furnace instead of using Voodoo heal on his team. I mean, c'mon, really?

well I cant help it if the attacker made a critical mistake in the way that he played his team. Besides, in the second replay the attacked did use his nub nubs ability and still got taken down flawlessly.

Besides, the whole point of this composition is to appeal to people who don't know as much about character mechanics, and who would put all their faith in elemental differences. Obviously the people who do this are people who don't play the game as much, and as such could more likely forget that they have a better move than what they did. The beauty of this composition is that it appeals to players like those, because anybody more experienced will not feel that their struggle to come up with a viable counter for my composition is worth the effort and the risk, leaving only the more foolhardy people looking for an easy win.
    grow around you
    for all the fish