Hero of the Week: Ekko

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited July 2015 in Hero Spotlights
This little yellow wisp has a shocking personality and some crazy special abilities! Do you have Ekko on your team yet?

ktyhmlz51740.png

Name: Ekko

Classification: Magical Undead Spirit

Background: The diminutive stature of this magical light spirit ill prepares onlookers for shockingly big attacks,

Element: Light (strong against Dark enemies, weak to Dark attacks)

Traits:
  • Lightning Immune: Takes no damage from lightning attacks. - Any electricity that hits Ekko simply gets absorbed without doing any damage!
  • Spirit Immune: Takes no damage from spirit attacks. - Similar to electricity, Ekko shrugs off any and all damage that would be done by spirit attacks! Hooray for double immunities!
  • Magical: Takes less damage from non-physical attacks. - Being magical has many perks, including taking less damage from other magical and non-physical sources!

Abilities:
  • Swing: Ekko's basic melee physical attack. - Ekko jumps in front of an enemy and spins around to do a chunk of damage to them!
  • Energize: Grants all allies 2 extra energy, electric skin, and shocking touch. - Ekko spreads harmless electricity to your allies that is not so harmless to your enemies!

Tips:
  • Ekko's immunity to spirit attacks is extremely useful, as many magical attacks qualify as "spirit" attacks as well! It's almost always a good idea to bring the little lightning spirit into dungeons that have lots of magic users!
  • Be sure to use Energize to its full extent! Don't forget that in addition to providing your heroes with electric skin and shocking touch that it also gives them 2 extra energy! Try to use Energize after all of your other heroes have used their special abilities to take advantage of that.

Do you have any fun stories of running through dungeons with Ekko?
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I got Ekko from one of three portal summons I did and he was my only light hero until I unlocked black diamond. Due to this he was one of the higher level heroes I owned (Along with Willow who until yesterday was my only nature hero.) And when I was playing Plagued lands for the first time I brought along my weakest heroes and Ekko. Everyone else died and Ekko single handedly (With help from z3ro) beat the entire dungeon.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• al4xal4x Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Ekko was also one of my first portal heroes and he got a lot of love in the beginning, but after awhile he got left behind until I had to catch him up so I could beat lich using his lightning bolt ability, shocking the minions and then doing double damage to lich :) He gets used every now and again but hes not a character I keep leveled up anymore.
  • I want ekko
    In game level:41
    Shared hero:bovus el doro
    Favourite hero: bovus el doro.
    Chapter:16
  • mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I haven't played him much, but I find he can be such a wild card in pvp...sometimes brutally effective, other times offed in one-shot. After my first few run ins with him, I played him for awhile...but he has largely fallen off my go-to radar.
  • afroninjaafroninja Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Time to see what this little guy can do.

xz67qmuqqg1v.jpg

#TeamTater
    Recommended change: Give Tsume an afro!
    knjplof08e1h.png
  • Afro bring him alone in a dungeon with a lot of spirts kill the non spirts first
    In game level:41
    Shared hero:bovus el doro
    Favourite hero: bovus el doro.
    Chapter:16
  • Oh my afro nice i just got him I got all his tokens to get him and he is ok but I don't use yim
  • So what exactly does 'energy' do, as far as giving teammates 2 energy?
  • mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Charges your 'powers'...1 energy is the same as waiting one full turn against cooldown period.
  • Is it constant (like if it takes 1 turn to replenish a power, is it always available? Or is it a one time thing, meaning, it makes a 1 turn power available and then it has to wait a turn after use to replenish again?
  • In what context would you utilize him in PVP? I can't see him being useful on defense but is there a role for him in the occasional offence?
    hplc
  • Sometimes I use him to counter Bovus in certain matchups. If energy protection procs, he is a weapon. If not, you surely lose.
    The Underworld
    IGN: Grollor
  • So does him being spirit immune make his "magical" trait kind of pointless?

Aren't all "non-physical" attacks considered spirit attacks? If your hero doesn't do a physical attack (melee/arrows), they are casters, whose basic attacks are always spirit, right?

Maybe I'm missing something.
  • @shiggity80 There are Fire, Cold, Poison etc attacks that are magical and not spirit.
    McNoob
  • Dingus wrote: »
    @shiggity80 There are Fire, Cold, Poison etc attacks that are magical and not spirit.

Ah, I see. Thank you!
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Lightning is what I use him for. It works very well for me.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Ekko is really one of my favorite hero just one step down from Alexandros! Ekko is just, so so so so cute!!~~ When I first look at Ekko's Electrical storm I thought it is 4x 1121 base damage (5 star), and i was doing a small calculation that it would do a total of 4484 damage!!!

then i tested it out it is a total of 1121 damage divided by 4.
    LINE: Anokuu
    Email: GensokyoFamily@gmail.com
  • Ekko and Rocky the Shitake are pretty much this game's mascots.
  • He's the best hero you can't use in PVP.
  • Ekko

Sound like LOL characters

Pls don't kill me for say this
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• Any ideas on how to rune him up?
  • @MegaDungeon88 It would depend on the team. If you were running him with Zomm and Yorik I'd go health and DEF, while if you ran him with anyone else I'd say focus more on ATK. Electrical Storm and Intensify Shock Can do incredible damage against single boss rooms, especially armored ones. That being said I wouldn't totally focus on Runes for him. That being said, he kinda fulfills his purpose without any factors that runes affect. His Energy Vault and Energize are his most useful traits, and the reason I used him to beat 3/4 of Challenge mode. Neither of these are in anyway impacted by runes so I would focus on other members of your team first.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Ekko

Sound like LOL characters

Pls don't kill me for say this

Ekko from League came AFTER Ekko from DB.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!