Guild Spotlight: The Wire

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited July 2016 in The Guild Hall
dkgxhpjxry5j.png

With all the awesome guilds we have running around, we wanted to take some time to spotlight some of the most active ones here on the forum. If you’re a guild leader and are interested in being interviewed for a future guild spotlight, contact Joel or Joveth via direct message.

This week's spotlighted guild is The Wire!

Guild Stats at a Glance:
  • Guild Name: The Wire
  • Guild Leader and Officers: OmarLittle, Shine00, Ayjayar, Brazy, deputydawg, HashSlinger, Northern Fury, Ohdin, Rootuf, Youtso. Shoutout to 6* and all those we’ve poured one out to along the way.
  • Guild Motto: A man got to have a code
  • Total Trophies: 4,004,342
  • Total Power: 9,961,714

About the Guild:

How did the guild get the name?

From the GREATEST TV show of ALL time, of course. OF ALL TIME.

What’s your guild’s style? What do you focus on?

Crowns being a given, we like to focus on PVP and the general friendly public poking at those who take themselves as (not) seriously as we do. Sharing strategy is commonplace in our guild hall. We are laid back but also competitive and don’t scare easily.

Are you recruiting?

Yes. Plus, we’re always looking for reliable members who can get their daily crowns, but that are also real people with actual personalities who enjoy communicating with other dungeon boss enthusiasts across the world.

Do you have any funny or exciting stories about your guild that you’d like to share?

Uhhhh, only about members who have left/been kicked? So… no?

If your guild had a hero as its mascot, who would it be and why?

We (and by we, I mean one of our officers, HashSlinger) has been championing Zurk for a long, long time. We’ve rallied around the caster hunter and are currently petitioning to give his hairpiece an upgrade.

If your guild were to have its own dungeon, what would the dungeon be called?

Hamsterdam

What’s the best piece of advice you can give on how to run a successful guild?

Attitude and communication is the most important part of running a guild. If you bring drama into the guild, it can ruin the experience and make others uncomfortable. Save the drama for yo mama, and give the crowns without a frown. So, yeah. Either attitude/communication, or threats. Hopefully it doesn’t come to threats, but if it does, they should be creative and spine-tingling.

Is there anything else that you want to say about your guild?

You come at the King, you best not miss.
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• OmarOmar Member
    We are recruiting. If you have awesome stats that fit in with our roster and are a great teammate, please contact us on Line. My ID is OmarOnLine. Or Shine at ShineOn00. Shine is nicer.
  • Congrats on being featured in the Spotlight Omar, Kudos to "The Wire" & its team.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • Congrats guys
  • OhdinOhdin Member
    Thanks Jim!
  • OhdinOhdin Member
    Oh, and Shine is definitely nicer. :D
  • Nice work Wire! You have an excellent top guild that is constantly growing and raising higher in ranks. It's a very cool guild that keeps a low profile while getting the job done. Congratulations and all your current accomplishments!

Anûbis
  • Take Those crowns with the heads still attached! Join The Wire and crush the nerds!
  • OmarOmar Member
    Thanks Anubis. The Underpants is pretty good too.
  • The Wire is the GOAT. I hope there's a requirement of knowledge relevant to the series for admission to the guild. Forcing people to culturally enrich themselves is a favor.
  • I had to google GOAT. Clearly I got in before such said requirement. ;)

• But it's definitely true! GOAT

• OmarOmar Member
    We have a lot of reference jokes in our Line chat. Brazy and Ohdin probably know the most.
  • Fun read! Nice job! I am now hoping The Wire is on Netflix so I can binge watch it. ;)
    07hd7vhw5fig.png
  • nunyanunya Member
    Congratulations. :). Great guild and great group of people. :)
    nunya
  • danacdanac Member
    eh. I liked Homicide better. Besides, everyone knows the greatest TV show of all time was VR5
  • OmarOmar Member
    Thanks Nunya!
  • Congrats Wire. You have some amazing people in your Guild.
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Is this show really that good? I stuck it out for almost the entire first season and then decided I just couldn't take it anymore... :/

Oh, and congrats y'all B)
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• I already said it once but I shall say it again with true meaning, Congrats to "The Wire."
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • danac wrote: »
    eh. I liked Homicide better. Besides, everyone knows the greatest TV show of all time was VR5

What? No. No to all of this. Jesus if you're into Sci Fi at least list a good show like Red Dawrf.

And if you tell any of our British family about me calling something from BBC good, I will end you.
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »

What? No. No to all of this. Jesus if you're into Sci Fi at least list a good show like Red Dawrf.

And if you tell any of our British family about me calling something from BBC good, I will end you.

yes to all! Red Dwarf is silly comedy. VR5 for its run, in addition to multiple- leveled storylines, changed its visual style based on theme, and explored multiple scifi and real life issues.
    But I coulda listed other good scifi shows like space above and beyond or firefly.

I was going for obscure great, not cult great.

• Penetr8rPenetr8r Member
    edited July 2016
    Good job wire!!
    No rest for the wicked!!
  • OmarOmar Member
    Thanks Pen! Pen is a former officer of The Wire and gets credit for getting us on Line in the early days. Seems like forever ago!
  • Congrats on your spotlight! :)
  • can I join the guild I can get 210 crowns a week
    my name is the lord 121
  • KangKang Member
    An awesome guild with great players. The loss of such a sturdy gaming group is concerning.
  • OmarOmar Member
    But does anyone know the real story? Hmmmm @Brazy @Hashslinger_007 know but they are covering it up.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Omar wrote: »
    But does anyone know the real story? Hmmmm @Brazy @Hashslinger_007 know but they are covering it up.

1w4myla58x9g.gif
  • OmarOmar Member
    Weak
  • StarskreamStarskream Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Omar wrote: »

Huh?