Hero Spotlight: Kozar Bonebreaker

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited July 2016 in Hero Spotlights
e9hj71lwmw66.png

Background: Kozar Bonebreaker was the smartest Ogre. He grew up using his head to solve all his problems, whether they be a jar, dwarf, or toothache. He met the Goblins and found happiness for a time, until the dwarves started to encroach their territory and slowly started pushing the Goblins out. Like all of his problems, he used his head to solve it, eating or headbutting each Dwarf in the way.

However, that was not enough and the Dwarves eventually drove his Goblin friends away from their home. Alone, and upset, Kozar set out with a newfound purpose: to destroy the Dwarves and find the displaced Goblin to unite them again. His head alone was not enough for this task, so he picked up a club and ventured forth!

Most Hated Hero: Dhaegon Stonecrusher

Element: Dark: +30% bonus against LIGHT enemies.

Tags: Slow Ogre Warrior

Traits:
  • Slow: Attacks last, but boosts ATK & HP plus has a chance to Revenge any physical attack.
  • Bone Rattler: Basic attacks have 25% chance to purge buffs from the target.
  • Goblin Alliance: Increase Ogre's and Goblin's Health 5% for each Ogre and Goblin ally.
  • The Bigger They Are: Any Boosts to his Max HP will also be reflected in his ATK.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Swing: Basic Melee Physical attack.
  • Home Run: Attack on all enemies that pierces armor, debuffing DEF.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Dark Evo: 14
  • Light Evo Monarch: 37
  • Water Evo: 18
  • Subterranean Evo: 2
New Traits!
  • Bone Rattler II: Basic attacks have 35% chance to purge buffs from the target.
  • Goblin Alliance II: Increase Ogre's and Goblin's Health 10% for each Ogre and Goblin ally.
  • Dwarven Plague: 75% chance to disease dwarf targets on basic attacks.
New Ability!
  • Pummel: 3 Attacks that Provokes the enemy and extends all debuffs on the target 2 turns.

Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Nature Evo: 42
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 30
  • Runed Evo: 8
  • Shadow Evo: 2
New Traits!
  • Bone Rattler III: Basic attacks have 50% chance to purge buffs from the target.
  • Goblin Alliance III:– Increase Ogre's and Goblin's Health 15% for each Ogre and Goblin ally.
New Ability!
  • Suppression: Attack and extends an enemy's ability cooldowns by 1. (This adds a status effect "Energy Drain". This status effect doesn't expire, it must be cleansed to be rid of it.)
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• MORE RUNED AND SHADOW?! Arggh!!!!!!!
    Zernium
  • If i understand it, a team with kozar nubnub bramble and zurk give +45% HP to nubnub ?
    Doudidarling - French Touch "family"
    Level : 70
    Trophies : 390k
    Roster : 350k
  • I'm excited for the day he arrives in heroic as I'm a goblin fan!

It also seems like you guys are fleshing out the lore a bit which is neat. Does this mean there will be more dwarf support in the future for goblin & ogre vs dwarf action? I do think Rogar could use a good buff.

Might phemus and other cyclopses be classified as one-eyed ogres? After all, pve cyclopses are labeled as "brambleLurk goons", "Tidespear Goons" etc.

All in all, BoneBreaker seems neat and interesting for a more durability based goblin team!
  • He is UGLY.

But I'm liking what he can do.
  • @Doudidarling Allies typically include themselves, meaning if it is just him on a team, he will receive a 15% increase to his hp. So if this follows, it sounds like a full goblin/ogre team will net a 60% HP buff to goblins, which is absolutely massive. 45% is still quite a bit as well.
  • inb4 Shrek the 5th
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• Do not forget about Dagrunds "Dwarven EMT" as it will restore his HP & Increase the Maximum HP count, thus Increasing his attack thanks to "The Bigger They Are."
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • If i understand it, a team with kozar nubnub bramble and zurk give +45% HP to nubnub ?

You forgot about Squinch.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    If i understand it, a team with kozar nubnub bramble and zurk give +45% HP to nubnub ?
    You forgot about Squinch.
    Does it matter?
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • does kozar remind anyone else of the bowler from clash royale / CoC?
    So long and thanks for all the fish
    So sad that it should come to this
    We tried to warn you all but oh dear
    You may not share our intellect
    Which might explain your disrespect
    For all the natural wonders that
    grow around you
    So long, so long and thanks
    for all the fish
    (more lyrics, but no room :()
    With that team nub, bramble and zurk all get 40% HP bump (15% from Kozar and 25% from nub).

Consider Kozar, Yoko, Bovus and Nub: Kozar gets +45% HP, nub get +40%, yoko and bovus get +30%
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Hopefully he's a proper VIP hero because my god was Viperia just an awful VIP hero. I think I saw her a total of eight times in the portal the rest of the time who knows where she was.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• bvs72bvs72 Member

Do not forget about Dagrunds "Dwarven EMT" as it will restore his HP & Increase the Maximum HP count, thus Increasing his attack thanks to "The Bigger They Are."

@Apocalyptus - the color of your font hurts my eyes and makes them bug out when printed on a black background. Try this one. Orange is better.

• MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Do not forget about Dagrunds "Dwarven EMT" as it will restore his HP & Increase the Maximum HP count, thus Increasing his attack thanks to "The Bigger They Are."
    @Apocalyptus - the color of your font hurts my eyes and makes them bug out when printed on a black background. Try this one. Orange is better.
    Or just try to be normal...
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited July 2016
    Here are some estimated stats for Kozar at various levels, stars and ascensions. If someone has actual data they can share to let me know if my stats are close or not, that would be great and I can update the chart. The critical chance stat is sometimes hard to predict, so they might be off a percent. Thanks!

3atb5tx6ob5q.jpg
    Post edited by Foozle on
  • Currently, Dagrund's EMT does not increase Kozar's ATK at all. After 4+ applications with no change in how much damage he does on average, it is safe to say it just isn't working right now. Needs to be fixed!
  • Blezmeck wrote: »
    Currently, Dagrund's EMT does not increase Kozar's ATK at all. After 4+ applications with no change in how much damage he does on average, it is safe to say it just isn't working right now. Needs to be fixed!

I can confirm this to be true. Also, I can't think of any other way to increase a non undead purple character's health at the moment to test it in other ways!
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Also appears like Kozar isn't getting his own Goblin Alliance health buff. For level III it reads: "Increase health 15% for each Ogre and Goblin ally . . ."

At level 56, 3 star and fully ascended, his base health is 4602. His bonus health (in green) is 1151, which is 25% of his base. This 25% is the bonus for him being a slow hero. He is not getting the additional 15%.

Compare this to Chief Nub Nub, who is getting his own Tribal Heart buff, which reads: Increase Health by 25% for all goblin allies. At level 56, 6 star and fully ascended, Nub's base health is 4502. His bonus health (in green) is 2532, which is 25% of his base (for the slow hero bonus), plus another 25% (compounded) for the Tribal Heart buff.

As to Kozar's attack rating, at level 56, 3 star and fully ascended, his base attack is 1017. His bonus attack (in green) is 572, which is 25% of his base attack, plus another 25% (compounded). I'm assuming the extra 25% is because his health bonus (from being slow) is a 25% buff. The Bigger They Are buff isn't really explained very well, as it just says "Any boosts to his max HP will also be reflected in his ATK." It doesn't say how it will be reflected. It obviously isn't a 1 for 1 reflection, as his health bonus is 1151, and he doesn't get a 1151 boost to his attack. It appears to be that his attack bonus increases by the same % as his health bonus, which is 25% in this case. If it gets fixed that he will get his own Goblin Alliance health bonus, then his attack bonus would increase by another 15%, I'm assuming.

As to why EMT doesn't increase his attack, it could be that the intent of "The bigger they are" ability is that he would only benefit from passive buffs to his health (from allies, from being a slow hero, etc.), rather than active buffs like EMT. Or it could be a bug.

@Joel or @Joveth, can you comment on this?
  • Foozle wrote: »
    Also appears like Kozar isn't getting his own Goblin Alliance health buff. For level III it reads: "Increase health 15% for each Ogre and Goblin ally . . ."

At level 56, 3 star and fully ascended, his base health is 4602. His bonus health (in green) is 1151, which is 25% of his base. This 25% is the bonus for him being a slow hero. He is not getting the additional 15%.

Compare this to Chief Nub Nub, who is getting his own Tribal Heart buff, which reads: Increase Health by 25% for all goblin allies. At level 56, 6 star and fully ascended, Nub's base health is 4502. His bonus health (in green) is 2532, which is 25% of his base (for the slow hero bonus), plus another 25% (compounded) for the Tribal Heart buff.

As to Kozar's attack rating, at level 56, 3 star and fully ascended, his base attack is 1017. His bonus attack (in green) is 572, which is 25% of his base attack, plus another 25% (compounded). I'm assuming the extra 25% is because his health bonus (from being slow) is a 25% buff. The Bigger They Are buff isn't really explained very well, as it just says "Any boosts to his max HP will also be reflected in his ATK." It doesn't say how it will be reflected. It obviously isn't a 1 for 1 reflection, as his health bonus is 1151, and he doesn't get a 1151 boost to his attack. It appears to be that his attack bonus increases by the same % as his health bonus, which is 25% in this case. If it gets fixed that he will get his own Goblin Alliance health bonus, then his attack bonus would increase by another 15%, I'm assuming.

As to why EMT doesn't increase his attack, it could be that the intent of "The bigger they are" ability is that he would only benefit from passive buffs to his health (from allies, from being a slow hero, etc.), rather than active buffs like EMT. Or it could be a bug.

@Joel or @Joveth, can you comment on this?

I could get behind your passive buff theory way more if I could think of a single hero that passively buffs him!
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    @MattCauthron No one at the moment I guess (except the slow hero buff) but maybe in the future. More likely it is a bug, but just pointing out how the calculation is working currently.
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    Foozle wrote: »

Joel or Joveth, can you comment on this?
    I could get behind your passive buff theory way more if I could think of a single hero that passively buffs him!
    You might want to check out his synergies at his wiki page.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited July 2016
    @MaCoPi thanks for the link.

So looks like Yoko's and Bovus' warrior heart buff will increase Kozar's health by 15%, potentially twice if they stack? That should buff Kozar's attack. Might be worth testing or hopefully @Joel or @Joveth can confirm for us.

Also Kozar's health would be buffed 15% for each Goblin and Ogre ally present, so if I'm reading this correctly if he had three goblins on his time, would his health (and attack) be buffed by 45%? Or can he count himself as well and make it a 60% buff? Also, do all of his goblin allies get the 45%/60% health buff?

Also @Joel you say above that Goblin Alliance III would "Increase Ogre's and Goblin's health 15% for each Ogre and Goblin ally," but the tool tip in game says : "Increase health 15% for each Ogre and Goblin ally." Which statement is correct? Your statement above implies that all ogres/goblins on the team would receive a 15% buff for each ogre/goblin ally present (45% if you had 3 goblins on team, plus potentially another 15% if you count Kozar as well). The tool tip in game is a bit more ambigious and I can't tell whether just Kozar receives this buff or all goblin/ogres on the team.

Thanks
    Post edited by Foozle on
  • MaCoPi wrote: »
    Foozle wrote: »

Joel or Joveth, can you comment on this?
    You might want to check out his synergies at his wiki page.

Oh of course he is a warrior! I was looking into this a tad tipsy last night >.< I knew I must have been missing something. And I didn't realize you helped with the wiki pages MaCoPi! Really great work on those XD I use that site all the time.
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    Oh of course he is a warrior!
    Yes he is! And apparantly he's also a tank, which is missing on this page. @Joel @Joveth

And I didn't realize you helped with the wiki pages MaCoPi! Really great work on those XD I use that site all the time.
    Yeah, I did, I basically made the whole lay-out for the hero pages (except some additions by other wiki members) and evo pages. There's a lot of other stuff I (co-)made, but those are the more useful pages.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    "25% chance to purge a buff"

More like 100% from what I've seen, I haven't had him basic one of my heroes yet that had a buff and not purge one.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • "25% chance to purge a buff"

More like 100% from what I've seen, I haven't had him basic one of my heroes yet that had a buff and not purge one.

Well, it's 50% at FA.
    Zernium
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    @joel, just checking to see if you are reading the comments above and whether you have any answers to some of the questions around stats, abilities, etc.

Thanks
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We're aware of the issue regarding Dagrund and are working on a fix for that. Regarding Kozar not getting the benefits of Goblin Alliance, we are investigating.

To clarify: Goblin Alliance does stack per goblin/ogre and does apply to all goblins/ogres in your party.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I'm glad they are aware of and looking into Dagrund's EMT heal not boosting Kozar's attack. but Dagrund is a dwarf and Kozar hates dwarves so why did they design him to gain a huge benefit from a hero that he hates. Dagrund has no synergy with goblins/ogres so I don't get this hero design for Kozar