Hero Spotlight: Kozar Bonebreaker

Comments

• Joel wrote: »
    We're aware of the issue regarding Dagrund and are working on a fix for that. Regarding Kozar not getting the benefits of Goblin Alliance, we are investigating.

To clarify: Goblin Alliance does stack per goblin/ogre and does apply to all goblins/ogres in your party.

Thanks for the response Joel.
  • Hi devs & players.

I was wondering how many gems should I spend to get a new hero such as Kozar.

When the event popped up, I've spent around 3k with NO result. I've only received **** tokens for my goblins, which half of them were already fully starred and ascent.

So I'm legibly asking you how many gems should I spend or if it's even worth spending gems nowadays.

A lot of players were complaining about the portals and I didn't really know why (didn't really bother) but now I got it. The VIP portal is the shittiest thing you've done to your game.

Spending about 100$ in your game (by the past) should allow us a bit more than just having few random tokens but should allow us to have 50% more chance to gain a new hero, shouldn't it?!

I mean, what's the purpose of being a "VIP" if it's just to have 10 tokens on Squinch ?!

That's awfully retarded.

But I'm willing to forget about this if you unblock it in the minute ;)
  • Well this is going to be up until the next new hero.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

To clarify: Goblin Alliance does stack per goblin/ogre and does apply to all goblins/ogres in your party.
    @Joel
    When you say 'stack per goblin' do you mean an all goblin/ogre team would get a 60% health buff? That can't be right.

• I like the concept of Kozar, I just don't see the point of him. The goblin team already had like a perfect synergy, the only Hero I would swap him for is Squinch, because I'm not giving up Zurk's haste, nub's heals, and without bramble you lose kind the whole point of a Goblin team. Kozar seems to be a substitute for bramble before you get him, its just that anyone that has the vip portal open most likely has bramble too. His Dwarven Plague is cool, but there's really no meta for dwarf teams, so thats kinda useless. They Bigger They Are is another cool idea, its just that the only way to really actively boost his health is with dagrund, and hes supposed to be sworn enemies with him. Hes a cool hero, its just I don't really see a practical use for him.
  • edited July 2016
    Am I missing something here? Why did he just jump in front of an enemy Squinch when I tried to silence him with Torchy against a Scuinch/Kozar/Furnace/NubNub Team?
    b4bkvad0tlti.png
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • @MaCoPi Kozar Has a trait called "Goblin alliance" which increases max HP for himself & his allies for each Ogre & Goblin on the team by 15% & has a chance to protect a Goblin ally being attacked.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • @MaCoPi Kozar Has a trait called "Goblin alliance" which increases max HP for himself & his allies for each Ogre & Goblin on the team by 15% & has a chance to protect a Goblin ally being attacked.
    They could have mentioned that in the OP!
    Joel wrote: »
    Traits:
    • Goblin Alliance: Increase Ogre's and Goblin's Health 5% for each Ogre and Goblin ally.
    • Goblin Alliance II: Increase Ogre's and Goblin's Health 10% for each Ogre and Goblin ally.
    • Goblin Alliance III:– Increase Ogre's and Goblin's Health 15% for each Ogre and Goblin ally.
    I planned to silence Squinch, which failed, and he lit my whole team on fire what probably caused me to lose.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
    @Joel
    When you say 'stack per goblin' do you mean an all goblin/ogre team would get a 60% health buff? That can't be right.

It can indeed stack up to 60%! It's a very powerful buff. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I really hope Kozar shows up more often in the VIP portal, because I really like his concept, and I wanna unlock him soooo bad!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Any news on when he will get his attack buff fixed @Joel @Joveth l?
  • bosscalvin wrote: »
    Any news on when he will get his attack buff fixed @Joel @Joveth l?

This should be fixed now. If you're still seeing the issue, let us know.
  • I did some testing and it doesn't appear to be fixed. I ran Trail of Bones two different ways, one with Kozar by himself and the other way was Kozar with 3 goblin allies (nub, squinch and bramble). Against the boss (Josiah), Kozar did an average non-crit damage using his basic attack of 885 when he was by himself. When Kozar was with 3 goblin allies, his average damage against Josiah was 869, essentially the same. I was expecting an average of around 1400 (885 * 1.6). So, doesn't seem to be fixed at least from my observation.

The good news is it looks like he is now getting the Goblin Alliance III health bonus of 15% in addition to his Slow health bonus of 25%.
  • @Foozle, I'm a bit confused. You said the issue doesn't appear to be fixed, but that he is getting the Goblin Alliance boost. Which issue are you talking about?
  • edited July 2016
    @Foozle, I'm a bit confused. You said the issue doesn't appear to be fixed, but that he is getting the Goblin Alliance boost. Which issue are you talking about?

He's referring to the fact that the passive health boost isn't giving Kozar an attack boost. I assumethat passive health boosts don't count and it is only active health boosts (Which would only be Dagrund at this point) increase his attack currently. Whether this is intended or not is the question.
  • So does only kozar get the health buff or the whole team
  • The trait "the bigger they are..." Says ANY boost to his max HP will also be reflected in his ATK. This still does not seem to be functioning unless we are all interpreting this trait wrong. @Joveth @Joel
    @Foozle, I'm a bit confused. You said the issue doesn't appear to be fixed, but that he is getting the Goblin Alliance boost. Which issue are you talking about?

As Matt says, Kozar isn't getting the attack bonus from the goblin alliance health boost. I haven't tried the dagrund buff yet.
  • edited July 2016
    I just tested with Dagrund's health boost and it still isn't working properly.

My Kozar has base health of 6810 (with the slow and goblin bonuses). He was doing an average of 500 damage at the start of the battle. I was able to stay on the same floor the entire time (going against healers) while I boosted Kozar's health. I boosted his health by 22091 for a total health of 28901. He was still doing the same 500 average damage after the health boosts - so no change in attack/damage even after increasing his health.

• I get the feeling the DB reps we talk to in these forums are basically customer service reps they don't play the game nor do they write any of the code. If you think about it that would explain all the slow responses and lack of knowledge of the game.
  • @Joel Just tagging you so you get an alert. The issue is not the health buff, but the attack buff that Kozar should also get. Foozle and Matt explained it above :)
  • edited July 2016
    To be fair, the health buff was previously not working as well -- Kozar wasn't being included in the count, i.e. he and 3 goblins was only giving 145% health boost. Now he's getting 160% (i.e. that aspect is fixed) but the Bigger They Are passive is still not working correctly.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • We're working on a fix for this. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were talking about Goblin Alliance at first!
    We're working on a fix for this. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were talking about Goblin Alliance at first!

No problem. Are the health increases from Goblin Alliance supposed to also increase Attack stat via the "Bigger they Are" passive? Or are things like Dagrunds health boost supposed to be the only items that get counted in Bigger they Are?

Thanks
  • Foozle wrote: »
    We're working on a fix for this. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were talking about Goblin Alliance at first!

No problem. Are the health increases from Goblin Alliance supposed to also increase Attack stat via the "Bigger they Are" passive? Or are things like Dagrunds health boost supposed to be the only items that get counted in Bigger they Are?

Thanks

Trait specifically says ANY so I'd assume both of the things you mentioned.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    To be fair, the health buff was previously not working as well -- Kozar wasn't being included in the count, i.e. he and 3 goblins was only giving 145% health boost. Now he's getting 160% (i.e. that aspect is fixed) but the Bigger They Are passive is still not working correctly.

just curious how did you get the percentage. I mean, the 145% one.
  • Zeta2c wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

It's their natural HP + 15% per goblin.

So they have 160% of their normal HP

• Zeta2c wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

It's their natural HP + 15% per goblin.

So they have 160% of their normal HP

i mean how can you know the buff is 145% or 160% in real, you can't see the number of max HP in dungeon. I can only feel it's slightly increased, increased, or greatly increased.

i know the trait said 160%, but how can you know if it's real?
  • Any chance "the bigger they are" trait will ever get fixed?
  • This guy seems to hate dwarves, so why doesn't he get Dwarf Hunter too? :S
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!