Lava Academy Strategy discussion Thread

HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Hey folks. Couldn't find any strategies shared for Lava Academy today. I managed to 2* it with Yorick, IGOROK, Nimriel, and Yasmin but my luck isn't the greatest. My strategy is a bare bones win. But i'm sure other strategies exist and i'm excited to hear them.
Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
In game Level: 70
Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
I'm on Twitter regularly

Comments

• bkdraxcvvlmj.jpeg
    Here Haxus.

Ps. If you check line we have a whole group dedicated to boss mode and other answers.
    nunya
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    nunya wrote: »
    bkdraxcvvlmj.jpeg
    Here Haxus.

Ps. If you check line we have a whole group dedicated to boss mode and other answers.

The issue is line is on my phone, and so is dungeon boss. So I must choose. Do I play dungeon boss or chat on Line... I choose dungeon boss...
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• @HaxusBloodbane You can always download Line on your computer. Or emulate DB on your computer. Among other possibilities.
  • I cleared lava academy with Icebloom, Nim, Yasmin, Stonefist all FA 6* level 70 with barely any runes. Did it three times and didn't get an epic. :(
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • JroniJroni Member
    edited August 2016

What is the name of the group?
  • EhicEhic Member
    bkdraxcvvlmj.jpeg
    Here Haxus.

Im also interested in the Line group
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Tried a few damage focused teams on Lava Academy, to get totems and materials as quickly as possible. Here are some of them in action:

Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Indigo with Crit runes, Yoko with health and defense, (insert hero for epic here), and Yasmin.

Makes the level a complete joke. Yoko will always be taunting and enemies will always be Dazed.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • torchy/yoko/therand/yasmin equipped with decent runes also worked for me. 3* the level (had to use friends at the mini-boss and boss stage though). i'll swap therand for indigo when i go for nim or rogar's epic
  • Tried a few damage focused teams on Lava Academy, to get totems and materials as quickly as possible. Here are some of them in action:

How are they all runed? Att?
    zntCIcd.gif
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    4tom wrote: »
    How are they all runed? Att?

-Icepick is 24% lifesteal, 6k health, almost 50% crit., 9% damage reduction, some dodge and other lesser effects.
    -Indigo 5k health, 50% crit, medium dodge and damage boosted
    -Pontifex is 4150 attack, 42% crit, some dodge, +damage, 12% lifesteal, -8% from warrior, +6% damage vs PVE. Ponti has been one of my go to heroes in Boss mode, due to his ranged attacks (reduced chance of getting burned, poisoned or whatever) and very effective damage dealing and self-healing.
    -Still working on Daeris, but she's almost 50% crit, 6.7k health with some damage/attack bonuses. I want to massively increase her defense and max her crit when I can. A little more attack would be nice. Her self-healing is already beyond ridiculous, so I'm not sure life steal runes will be a good fit for her.

Mostly health on Valkin, but he really needs 10-20% life steal adding. Hopefully will get him equipped with a couple of vampiric runes from the event this week.

With regard to Jabber, I'm desperately hoping to increase his skill, so that he might actually kill something, one day, before he dies.
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • edited October 2016
    Indigo with Crit runes, Yoko with health and defense, (insert hero for epic here), and Yasmin.

Makes the level a complete joke. Yoko will always be taunting and enemies will always be Dazed.
    My Indigo isn't FA but I managed to do this with Indigo (crit runes)/Yoko (with health and defence)/Yasmin and Nim very easily.

I had been trying with Torchy inplace of Nim (neither had epic but I use Torchy more) but just couldn't hold out. Best I managed was end boss. Got it with the above first go, 3 stars and the epic dropped.

I am a massive Boss Island n00b so I was quite happy to find my last attempt so easy. Thanks for the strat idea. I now have Yor and Nim's :)

Edit: Since starting to invest, create etc. etc. runes I am now poor. These rune costs are hideous >.<
  • Just some encouragement here. I was struggling with this one, but I just three starred it using (in this order) William, Igorok, Yasmin and Nim. All are fully ascended but all are only five stars. They are all runed for defense and attack. Used one heal and two energy portions and two friends. Keep William's shield up as much as possible and hope for some mercy from the RNG.
  • I also got Torchy's epic with the same team.