Permafrost Ice Cave Strategy

FoozleFoozle Member
edited August 2016 in Main Campaign Discussion
I figured I'd start this as I completed today at level 60 with Bramble, Zurk, Nub Nub and Yorick. No runes on my heroes except for Yorick, who had one improved bulwark rune. This dungeon seemed a lot easier than the one the previous two days. The most difficult aspect was that my entire team stayed chilled for the whole run, except Nub Nub, so they couldn't use any special abilities other than on floor 1. I needed to use 3 friends on the boss fight to finish the battle. While I struggled a bit at level 60, I'm guessing it will be a cakewalk for level 65's and above.

Unfortunately I was only rewarded with a common, one star Greater Aegis rune.

xlaaqzijohvi.png

Comments

• I completed it with the same team except for Icebloom instead of Yorick. Icebloom's unbreakable heart failed to activate even on regular hits. I didn't see anything in the opponents buff bars to explain it. However, the other three level 70 with runes could easily complete the dungeon.
  • Will a 4* CKB be able to complete this at level 69?
  • kpung07 wrote: »
    Will a 4* CKB be able to complete this at level 69?

I would think so. Mine was only 5* at level 60.

• kpung07kpung07 Member
    edited August 2016
    Foozle wrote: »
    kpung07 wrote: »
    Will a 4* CKB be able to complete this at level 69?

I would think so. Mine was only 5* at level 60.

I beat it about 5 times with this team so far and still no yorick epic :(
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I completed it with the same team except for Icebloom instead of Yorick. Icebloom's unbreakable heart failed to activate even on regular hits. I didn't see anything in the opponents buff bars to explain it. However, the other three level 70 with runes could easily complete the dungeon.

Mine's Unbreakable Heart activated, only for her to be killed by an Evo doing 1 damage on the next turn
  • Foozle wrote: »
    I figured I'd start this as I completed today at level 60 with Bramble, Zurk, Nub Nub and Yorick. No runes on my heroes except for Yorick, who had one improved bulwark rune. This dungeon seemed a lot easier than the one the previous two days. The most difficult aspect was that my entire team stayed chilled for the whole run, except Nub Nub, so they couldn't use any special abilities other than on floor 1. I needed to use 3 friends on the boss fight to finish the battle. While I struggled a bit at level 60, I'm guessing it will be a cakewalk for level 65's and above.

Unfortunately I was only rewarded with a common, one star Greater Aegis rune.

xlaaqzijohvi.png

I have no idea how you did this. I'm losing someone in the second room every time. Two attacks take them out and all abilities are used in the first room. Even if I were to use action potions to try and get through it, I would be in the same situation in the third room. I should note I've barely critting at all even with Bramble and Nub buff. Not sure what magic you did to get through it.
  • @MattCauthron -- I didn't try a second time, so perhaps I just got extremely lucky. My nub did crit pretty often, which helped keep everyone healed. Aso, zurk crit pretty often as well, which gave everyone (except yorick) haste/dodge. I didn't use any potions until towards the end - I used 2 revives. I finished with only two heroes alive at the end and relied on friend summons (3 of them) on the final room to kill the boss.

I might rune my guys up before I bother trying again.
  • phontonxphontonx Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm level 66 and am on my 9th time beating it with one 3*.
    1. Hero Order: Yorick, CKB, Zurk, Nub
    2. Do NOT use Yorick's "marked for death" until the mini-boss.
    3. Do NOT use CBK's "dance party" until the mini-boss.
    4. Use Zurk's "sucker punch" on a blue mangle jaw beast
    5. Near the end of the 3rd floor, buff with Nub's "stout team" and "voodoo chant" so they are active for the mini-boss.
    6. Use Yorick's "marked for death" on the mini-boss.
    7. If CBK's "goblin dance party" at the mini-boss.
    8. Use an energy pot on Zurk, then "Crush the Nerds" on the mini-boss.
    9. Kill the mini-boss first, then the balog dude.
    10. Before the boss, buff again with Nub's "stout team" and "voodoo chant".
    11. Use Yorick's "marked for death" or "armor break" on the Cube.
    12. Use a friend's Dhaegon.
    13. Use only basic attacks.
    14. Bosses should be dead on their own in 2 turns.
    Post edited by phontonx on
    10328949?gid=

• @phontonx - thanks for the guide. I'll give it a try next time. My issue, at level 60, is that I get chilled on floor one and pretty much stay chilled the entire dungeon! I'll for sure save my specials for the mini boss next time and hope that I resist the chill somewhere between the mini-boss and final boss.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    @MattCauthron -- I didn't try a second time, so perhaps I just got extremely lucky. My nub did crit pretty often, which helped keep everyone healed. Aso, zurk crit pretty often as well, which gave everyone (except yorick) haste/dodge. I didn't use any potions until towards the end - I used 2 revives. I finished with only two heroes alive at the end and relied on friend summons (3 of them) on the final room to kill the boss.

I might rune my guys up before I bother trying again.

I did end up struggling through with Kozar instead of Zurk as it just made it less likely I'd get destroyed before I could heal. I did not get lucky nor do I think it is time efficient at the moment to try and repeat it give my stamina/time is better spent continuing to level and get improved runes on more of my heroes. I did pull off a 1star win though! haha
  • phontonxphontonx Member
    edited August 2016
    @Foozle - I stay chilled the whole time, too, with the exception of nub. That's why I need the energy pot for the mini-boss. I slowly build up some specials as Zurk crits, so KY should be charged with something by the boss. If not, it really doesn't matter, as long as you are full life by the boss with a defense buff, you should beat it if you use a friend's Dhaegon. I bring 2 Resurrection pots, too.

I actually lost Zurk and KY at the mini-boss and made it the whole way through with just CKB and Nub one time!

I just modded the original walkthrough.
    10328949?gid=

• Has anyone beaten this without goblins? I just got CKB last week and he's just 3 star no ascension.
  • Im lvl 62, with only a 3* CKB.

Have beaten it with a fully (uncommon) runed up team of Yorik ckb Zurk Nub .. focusing mostly on def and health.
    Pretty much chilled the whole way. Do NOT use specials on the cube.

Got 1 crappy rune, 3 of each tome. What a waste of time.
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • This works for me, not using yorick for epic weapon purposes, just there because mark is awesome.

e90k9ffkpk22.png

Beefed up with various runes, a Dhageon friend isn't required, although it is useful. 3 energy potion for rapid barrel action.

:)
  • Sorry to bump an ancient post but I just wanted to share! I've just got Yorick's Epic, but I've been struggling with this level. I'm experimenting with using Tsume, Ella and Malice - they get theur energy from kills and buff each other. might need some tweaks, but so far it's looking very promising!
  • I beat it with undead team. Yorick, Hansuke, Zomm, Brom
    Favorite Hero: High King Valkin
  • Only need energy pots for brom's team leech. Maybe bring 1 revive pot just in case. But undead should do it. Just energy pot brom every time your guys get low.
    Favorite Hero: High King Valkin
  • Lvl70. I use yorik bramble zurk nub. Can auto-run up to mini boss. Zurk one-shots mini boss with his special. Then auto run up to floor before last boss. Activate buffs here (yorik defense, bramble dance) then yorik marks the wisp, bramble/zurk take out the wisp, then take out the cube last.

The other team thats just as easy .. Rocky Bramble Zurk Nub. Crits galore.
    Maybe a few more pennies