Pestilence spiral advice

Hey all,

I'm trying pretty hard to get brom's epic, but I can't seem to make it though the dungeon. I was wondering if any of you have some tips/strategies/teams that could help? Thanks in advance :)

~Sol
Updates incoming have me like:
kMnHcWe.gif

Comments

• Broms: zomm,brom,overlord ececutum, and yorick. Should be fairly easy, just takes awhile. The only hero that struggled to survive was yorick.

Kobal: I HAVE NOOOOO FLIPPING IDEA!!!
  • Frogatism wrote: »
    Broms: zomm,brom,overlord ececutum, and yorick. Should be fairly easy, just takes awhile. The only hero that struggled to survive was yorick.

Thanks :) Slapped on some runes, let's see if I can do it with that team now :D
    kMnHcWe.gif
  • meowstaa_meowstaa_ Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Step 1: Kobal has 4 health

Step 2: Create petition thread for Kobal buff
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Shared Hero: Ippy
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited August 2016
    This may have been the easiest one yet.

Yorrick died in the first room and I 3 manned it to the mini boss. After killing them I decided to rez Yorrick and finished it off with pretty easily. Got the weapon my first drop! Felt good after 16 runs with 1 weapon yesterday.

Yorrick OE Brom Zomm though OE Brom Zomm could trio it.

I suppose you could easily replace yorrick with kobal and just 3 man his dead body across the finish line.
  • Man, my 6* OE is getting wrecked...do you taunt or not? Kill order? I am lvl 67, getting stomped. All 6* with Zomm 3*.
  • Smooge2 wrote: »
    Man, my 6* OE is getting wrecked...do you taunt or not? Kill order? I am lvl 67, getting stomped. All 6* with Zomm 3*.

I'm level 65 and OE seemed fine for me. I certainly never taunted! You want the damage to be spread across your heroes (The more that him Zomm the better!).

My OE stats are below:

Defense: 2354
    Max Health: 5869

If your stats are lower than that, you probably need to rune it up! I just have garbage 2 star improved uncommons in all 5 slots but it still makes a big difference.
  • This felt like a vacation compared to yesterday's. Just switch out Yorick for Kobal to do his. Taste for Brains is an AoE Lay on Hands <3
  • Think my zom is simply too underpowered, still need 1 ascension and he's only 3 stars. OE is only 4 stars as well, guess I've got a lot more grinding to do :D
    kMnHcWe.gif
  • Man. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. I've tried it a few times, and each time the first room spawns 3 fast demons, so I'm down one guy before I even act.
  • FrogatismFrogatism Member
    edited August 2016
    ekh7vv77p7jw.png

I've beat it with team multiple times, don't worry about kobal.. He'll be face down the whole dungeon - don't waste revives on him. I bring 3 revives and only use my friends when it's absolutely needed! The pignius and nitpicks who drain your maximum health are who you should use broms team leach on AND use zombi eat brains on dead enemies when yorick is near death if you don't have a broms leech ready to go! The other heroes are darkness immune(LAME). On the last boss, make sure to mark the yorick warrior, not the hansuke dude. Good luck folks!
  • MetafreyMetafrey Member
    edited August 2016
    Jeez guys, I'm really struggling with RNG on this one being 1 shotted a lot...even my Epic Yorrik is being slaughtered. Ugh.

Edit:
    Looks like I was just being unlucky, I've managed to complete twice now so I'm averaging about 2 runs per hour...so long for very little reward (no wep drop yet)
    Post edited by Metafrey on
    Level 70 - IGN - Metafrey

• Frogatism wrote: »
    Broms: zomm,brom,overlord ececutum, and yorick. Should be fairly easy, just takes awhile. The only hero that struggled to survive was yorick.

I beat it with this team too but my 4* Zomm was the one that kept getting killed off. All that said my undead team has all my best runes currently because I use them a ton in Boss Mode dungeons.
  • NateDoge wrote: »
    Man. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. I've tried it a few times, and each time the first room spawns 3 fast demons, so I'm down one guy before I even act.

The demons are definitely the luck element. The less of them you see, the better.
  • Anyone else have a different team than undead? My zomm is not doing it at four stars and I have not had any luck.
  • So for undead team, focus on Health runes? Defense?
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • @Kidhak Yeah load up on health especially for the weaker team members (which was my 4* Zomm). I only put defense (along with health) on OE and he can take a hell of a beating now when taunting.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited August 2016
    My biggest complaint about this and the other boss mode dungeons is the luck factor involved. If you get a room full of demons or a room full of therand look-a-likes (if they all cast unknown chemicals), they can wipe out even the strongest team. The other issue is that taunting doesn't appear to be a very good strategy on many of the dungeons as mobs will have 3x dmg to taunters, remove taunts, etc. Forces you to rune all characters with defense/health instead of putting runes on them that are more aligned to their hero type. Of course I'm only level 61, so at level 70 maybe this isn't an issue. Oh, and the other big issue is the length of each run. Super tedious.
  • @Foozle I agree and I only taunted with OE when another member of the team was close to death and I didn't have any health pots to use on them.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Kobal/Executum/Brom/Zomm

Got to the final room, not gonna touch it unless someone gives me a guide on how to win it! I've come so far I don't wanna lose now. Going for a 3* victory here.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited September 2016
    Kobal/Executum/Brom/Zomm

Got to the final room, not gonna touch it unless someone gives me a guide on how to win it! I've come so far I don't wanna lose now. Going for a 3* victory here.

The boss is a cake walk. Just mark one and then finish off the other. Unless you're very lucky you'll have to do it quite a few more times though. Honestly with a well runed Yorrick Brom Zomm it's very easy. It's just a little monotonous. At least nature, ice, and light can be sped through with goblins which are much more fun to watch slay everything (And much faster, ice and light can be done on full autorun >.< I assume nature can too just haven't tried it yet).

But dark has one thing going for it. It's better than fire!
  • Use zomm(attack runes), brom(attack and crit + health) and yorrick(all hp+ DEF). Kobal will be hugging the floor from the first room, but it is easy enough to 3-man with that team.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I use Ember, Black Diamond, Masuta Kira, and Kobal. You need a few attack runes on these heroes for this to work, but the purple nitpicks never get a turn this way. MK and BD still hit pretty hard when diseased with an attack buff. On the off turn have ember use the reflective shield regenerate thingy. In this dungeon I don't use Kobal's Pandemic Swarm but the next 2 work great.

My undead team is not as strong as many and that's what most seem to be using in this dungeon, so I was looking for something else and this works fine for me.
    Gmun
  • Bauble probably wasn't out lat time this was commented on. But I've had success with Furnace, Bauble, Astrid... (fill in the blank) pretty solid team if you get the rotation right. Dagrund's epic just came out so I've been trying for that. I'm only 66 so It's slow going. Dagrund dies early usually And so did Kobal when I tried him, it's a slight non-issue.
  • Do you have access to Gnog? If you do, put 3 bulwark runes (at least improved) + 2 attack runes on him. With 2 energy pots you can clear the dgn. His teammates does not really matter, just choose anyone that you want to lvl up.

If you do not want to spend energy pots, bring MK, or anyone with aoe.
    Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses