Hero Spotlight: Hagrim Felhorn

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
cxag5eb92wuc.png

Background: Hagrim was a simple Dwarf miner. Day in and day out, he worked hard to provide a warm hearth and full belly for his family. Then the Rune War started. Goblins caved in the mine and ravaged the lands above. Hagrim was trapped underground for what seemed an eternity. When he finally saw daylight again, his family and land were gone; ravaged by the goblins. He joined the other Dwarves in their fight against the Goblins, and worked hard to become the Dwarven Champion, fueled by rage and grief.

Most Hated Hero: Squinch. His home was left a charred remnant, and hates torchflingers with a passion!

Element: Nature: +30% bonus against WATER enemies, -25% vs FIRE enemies

Tags: Armored Dwarf Warrior

Traits:
  • Perfect Swing: Attacks cannot be dodged or missed.
  • Armored: Takes less damage from Physical Attacks.
  • Dual Wielding: Basic Attacks hit twice, the second one dealing 50% damage.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Dual Wielding: Basic Melee Physical attack that hits twice.
  • Buzz Saw: Melee Physical Attack on enemy that will cause Nerve Damage, Damage will splash all enemies with chance to Daze.
Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo: 11
  • Water Evo Monarch: 15
  • Nature Evo: 45
  • Crypt Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Goblin Hunter: Boosted damage vs. Goblins.
  • Vengeful Dwarf: For each Dwarven ally that falls in battle, ATK, DEF & HP increases 20%.
New Ability!
  • Jackhammer: 4 Melee Physical attacks on single target, blocks ability to CRIT
Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Dark Evo: 40
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 33
  • Mind’s Eye Evo: 8
  • Diamond Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Vengeful Dwarf II: For each Dwarven ally that falls in battle, ATK, DEF & HP increases 25%.
New Ability!
  • Dwarven Fury: Health Does not go below 1. Damage is boosted as health decreases, and chance to revenge all attacks.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• Looks epic!
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Health does not go below one??? So how do we kill him then???
    Current Wishlist: Shade, the one hero I'm missing and have yet to ascend.

Proud member of Pact of Minds.

Kozar enthusiast.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Health does not go below one??? So how do we kill him then???

The cooldown for that ability is longer than the buff lasts. You'll have to take defeat him either before the cooldown ends and he reuses it, or remove the buff while it's still on him.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    Dwarven Fury: Health Does not go below 1. Damage is boosted as health decreases, and chance to revenge all attacks.
    In the VH dungeon, Masuta killed my Hagrim with Dwarven Fury active with his Dim Mak ability.
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    MaCoPi wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Dwarven Fury: Health Does not go below 1. Damage is boosted as health decreases, and chance to revenge all attacks.
    In the VH dungeon, Masuta killed my Hagrim with Dwarven Fury active with his Dim Mak ability.

Just want to make sure that it was Dim Mak and not Vibrating Palm? Because Vibrating Palm would do it since it pierces.
    Joveth Gonzalez
    Sr. Communications Manager @ Boss Fight Entertainment
  • RoadbasketRoadbasket Member
    edited August 2016
    @MaCoPi we've already seen Dim Mak isn't bound by these laws, Kira can kill a hero that Zen applies Invincibility to.

Edit: What Joveth said...
  • Joveth wrote: »
    MaCoPi wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Just want to make sure that it was Dim Mak and not Vibrating Palm? Because Vibrating Palm would do it since it pierces.
    It could have been Vibrating Palm, I was pretty displeased because I explicitly used Dwarven Fury before going into the boss room.
  • edited August 2016
    I swear this new dwarf is a green Belgar Firebeard boss from gold island

Post edited by CPUyellowHeart on
    weighing just under 120 metric tonnes
    with the force of one thousand pounds of diesel power in her fists
    with a whip sword on her right arm
    and a prototype V-cannon residing in her left
    her heart is strong and powerful so a vent was created to expel that passion in a flaming rage from her center
    she fights for justice, and peace.
    don't upset her, for the next time she allows you to motorboat her, it may very well end in flames.
  • So when he moves into the Heroic Portal, will he have a guaranteed unlock for a 10x pull, as other heroes have been in the recent past?
    @Joel @Joveth
  • So when he moves into the Heroic Portal, will he have a guaranteed unlock for a 10x pull, as other heroes have been in the recent past?
    @Joel @Joveth

He's honestly not that good. Certainly far from meta defining. Probably down with Cobressa on terms of usefulness. I'll patiently wait until it is guaranteed, if they are silly enough to remove that "feature". I don't know who would waste gems without it though to be honest.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I actually like that he's not super OP! He has only a few traits, and his abilities aren't too bad. His last ability is probably the worst of it, but besides that, nice hero! Glad he's not a super-sparkly, all-powerful demon god thing with 600 passives and abilities that work differently depending on the target, time of day, dungeon environment and air temperature!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • How many star does he start off with? Just wanted to know how many tokens for full unlock. Cheers.
  • Skuls wrote: »
    How many star does he start off with? Just wanted to know how many tokens for full unlock. Cheers.

The same as every new hero ever. 3 stars 100 token unlock.
  • edited August 2016
    if you get 10000 honor scrolls you can unlock him within 2 days 25x2=50 2 days 5000 scrolls today 50 tokens 5000 scrolls tomorrow new hero
    her heart is strong and powerful so a vent was created to expel that passion in a flaming rage from her center
    don't upset her, for the next time she allows you to motorboat her, it may very well end in flames.
  • VIP Portal again .....

I'm Free 2 Play person not Pay 2 win person ... Rich player always get special rewards
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• VIP Portal again .....

I'm Free 2 Play person not Pay 2 win person ... Rich player always get special rewards

It said in the event he will be moved to heroic portal in a few days...
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited August 2016
    if you get 10000 honor scrolls you can unlock him within 2 days 25x2=50 2 days 5000 scrolls today 50 tokens 5000 scrolls tomorrow new hero

No idea where these numbers are coming from. You were able to buy 10 tokens for 5,000 scrolls but that was all you could buy during the whole quest period. Also that would be a SUPER cheap hero if what you were saying was actually true!
  • I actually like that he's not super OP! He has only a few traits, and his abilities aren't too bad. His last ability is probably the worst of it, but besides that, nice hero! Glad he's not a super-sparkly, all-powerful demon god thing with 600 passives and abilities that work differently depending on the target, time of day, dungeon environment and air temperature!

Awh shucks, I think you just summed up every fan hero I've ever made! But yes, I do agree that it's nice to have a new simple hero for once.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
    VIP Portal again .....

Players who spend more money get bonuses? How absurd! xD
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • And... He is a derpier version of rogar. (Wow DB, impressive, I did't think rogar could get any worse.)
    Hmmmm. I wonder what happens if I write in this box.
  • VIP Portal again .....

Yeah , i want this hero so bad... its look like green olaf with tryndamere ability
    I'm proud member of Potato Society

• VIP Portal again .....

Yeah , i want this hero so bad... its look like green olaf with tryndamere ability

He will be available in the heoric portal tomorrow or sometime this week.
    farfella wrote: »
    And... He is a derpier version of rogar. (Wow DB, impressive, I did't think rogar could get any worse.)

How is he worse than Rogar? He has more passives, better stats and better abilities (although I wished Buzzsaw did more damage to the enemies you didn't directly target and less to the one you did target, to make it more like Rogar's ability).
  • @JackHallow666 okay maybe he is a bit better than rogar. But honestly, rogar, Hagrim, dheagon, all the same in my head.
    Hmmmm. I wonder what happens if I write in this box.
  • Got him on my first pull. Should I consider myself lucky?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited August 2016
    J1hadJ0e wrote: »
    Got him on my first pull. Should I consider myself lucky?

Well it took me 30 pulls for a single unlock so I'd say you got pretty lucky. I should have listened to my previous posts lol Alas I hadn't done a non guaranteed pull in months and now I remember why. Lesson learned >.<
  • i looked at hagrims stats and saw he has a max 2007 health i was like.
    is he tank?!?!
  • I recently got Hagrim and i like him so much. Been saving 2700 gems for new hero and i think i didnt made a mistake on him :smiley:
  • Very underwhelmed by Hagrim. Havent been able to think of a situation where he is the perfect choice for .. anything.

Hopefully there is going to be some dwarf symmetry appearing in a later release .. The only thing they have going on together is an opener with Dhaegons sparkly whirlwind followed by Rogar whirlwind and/or one of Thernads AoE. That's pretty much it??
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • Kidhak wrote: »
    Very underwhelmed by Hagrim. Havent been able to think of a situation where he is the perfect choice for .. anything.

Hopefully there is going to be some dwarf symmetry appearing in a later release .. The only thing they have going on together is an opener with Dhaegons sparkly whirlwind followed by Rogar whirlwind and/or one of Thernads AoE. That's pretty much it??

They are good at dealing with Yoko or Nim...in tower...That's it.