Guild Spotlight: Level Capped

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited August 2016 in The Guild Hall
jww4u5f877q2.png

With all the awesome guilds we have running around, we wanted to take some time to spotlight some of the most active ones here on the forum. If you’re a guild leader and are interested in being interviewed for a future guild spotlight, contact Joel or Joveth via direct message.

This week's spotlighted guild is Level Capped!

Guild Stats at a Glance:
  • Guild Name: Level Capped
  • Guild Leader and Officers: Seanlucky, Setlist, Zombi.
  • Guild Motto: Uncompromising
  • Total Trophies: [4,400,611]
  • Total Power: [11,189,854]

About the Guild:

How did the guild get its name?

We wanted to build a community of players who enjoy “min-maxing” or performance optimizing their gameplay. The term Level Capped conveys that succinctly.

What’s your guild’s style? What do you focus on?

The guild’s foundation is the uncompromising maximization of guild-based rewards. We believe having just one single clear guild goal allows a like-minded community to naturally form. We feel it works, as many guild members participate actively and frequently in helping and encouraging each other to perform their best. Everyone has a vested interest in keeping things running smoothly and keeping the guild on course.

With the guild members galvanized around a clear goal, this set up also creates transparency and accountability. As examples of how this plays out, guild members appropriately question the leadership to hold us accountable in enforcing rules when the guild has a misstep, and it has allowed us to top rank all 3 grand guild events and to bring in more weekly guild-awards than any other guild over the 33 weeks the competition has been held.

We also believe a well-run, efficient guild is not too top heavy to cut down on unnecessary debate and “decision by committee”. We see no distinction between officers and GM rank, and all 3 officers have the unilateral authority to make decisions without seeking consensus. In any case, in no small part thanks to Zombi, the officership has over 100 years of lifetime experiences to draw from.

Are you recruiting?

We are always recruiting.

We maintain an active list of pending applicants. Those who meet our recruitment criteria, follow through with all steps of the application process, and remain communicative have all made it into our guild.

If space does not immediately come up, we also have an affiliated guild group where future guild members can earn 1st place weekly awards while waiting for their spot.

Do you have any funny or exciting stories about your guild that you’d like to share?

A few months back we tallied up the collective spending our guild members have put into this game. We quickly realized how substantial it was so we made the bold decision of implementing a “Guild IAP Tax”; to our knowledge the first of its kind for a mobile game.

When a guild member spends money on this game we require them to also contribute 25% to a guild PayPal account (enforced by having everyone submit their VIP point screenshot weekly). With it we’ve been purchasing up depressed property in Las Vegas and already have an entire street of adjoining homes. Our first guild meet up took place just 3 weeks ago; home repairs from that weekend are still underway.

Oh, did you want a true story?

Our guild is actually a part of a much larger guild affiliation that coordinates at the leadership level, but unlike other guilds we don’t advertise it. In fact, this is probably going to be the first time most of our guild members learn about this.

If your guild had a hero as its mascot, which hero would it be and why?

Julius wearing a level cap. And along the same lines, “Level Headed” is our unofficial guild title of choice.

If your guild were to have its own dungeon, what would the dungeon be called?

It would be called "LC's Line Chat", a dungeon where, in a refreshing twist from the norm, it's filled with mostly helpful inhabitants and surprisingly few stickers.

What’s the best piece of advice you can give on how to run a successful guild?

We have a few tips.
  • To start off, make sure your rules and systems are “self-governing”, meaning they are clearly designed to encourage the behavior your guild wants. Rather than stressing and begging people to conform to your policies, people will be naturally encouraged to do so.
  • It’s human nature to empathize and want to break rules to forgive mistakes, but recognize in doing so you compromise everyone else’s efforts.
  • Bad things will happen. How you adjust for and recover from them defines the success of a guild. On the same note, don’t get bogged down by competitors declaring your demise when an isolated problem happens - just go fix it and be done with it. It’s also human nature for people to root for underdogs, and conversely to take shots at those who are not. Just laugh it off and tell yourself trolls are just superheroes in disguise that cannot resist their genetic disposition to help the weaker.
  • Recognize that your job as leadership starts and finishes with achieving your defined guild’s goals. The community will have people who will want you to take responsibility for the actions, and sometimes even the personalities, of individual members in your guild. Step back and realize that’s both unfair on you, and unlikely to work out well. Don’t get caught up in other people’s complications.
  • Data does not lie. Collect it. Analyse it. Act on it.

Is there anything else that you want to say about your guild?

Our guild’s Line chat has one of the highest DB-discussion to random-sticker content ratios in the game.

Despite being a guild formed on rigorous standards, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our community is global, very active, helpful, friendly, and good humoured.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• Proud member since inception :o
  • Never thought I'd see the day.. :P I wasn't here since the beginning.. Unfortunately. Very proud to be apart of such a fantastic group of bosses!!
  • It had to happen sooner or later :dizzy:

In Dungeon Boss, the bar for leadership is 500 gems, nothing more.
    "im nog suppries abort that antonia." [sic] - aNxem0n
  • Congratulations guys. Y'all run a very well organized machine. And, am I to take it that you are really into stickers in line chat? ;)
    nunya
  • OmarOmar Member
    Nice to learn more about LC. Congrats on all of the success!
  • Thanks guys :)

Stickers, lol - yeah we buy all the new packs the day they come out!

• Proud to be a part of one crazy guild
    Banner%20-%20LordDrew_zpsqaeprwin.png
  • Congrats!!! Level Capped. Your uncompromising behavior is good though. I think DB should change the guild rewards payout system. That's very hard to build a guild like Level Capped. If DB gives the rank#1 reward to who are maxed crowns in the week, it would attract many peoples to the game. The guild rank#1 rewards are 25 Aug tokens, 300 orbs, 500k golds, 5 heroic summons and 40 stamina. Are those rewards very big? The guild attracts people to the game. I think DB should give the rewards observing individuals success not as a team. I always collect 240 crowns a week(210 for the week and 30 carryover) but I get always the loser's rewards. Is it my failure? The space in say Level Capped only 50. Can I get a place into it? I think no. Cause there are many players who want to join this guild at the same time as me. So what did you keep for me? Am I not eligible to get those rank#1 rewards? If you want many peoples to play DB and make DB as successful as the Clash of clans, Miniclip's 8 ball pool or others, you should make DB more user friendly not only making profits. It's just only my opinion. I am still loving DB very much and hoping it will give me more fun for a game. Hope you don't mind and make DB more user friendly.
  • ZombiZombi Member
    edited August 2016
    Thank you for your support - we appreciate it! I want to address this directly though:
    Can I get a place into it? I think no.

People that hit our minimum requirements (click my signature banner to see them) should feel free to apply, and not be deterred by the size of our waiting list.

I do not base recruitment order on a first come, first served system. Instead, I consider the application as a whole - the individual once I've spoken to them on the Line app, and the profile data they provide per our application process.

So someone with an average profile could have been on our waiting list for some time before they are accepted into our guild, simply because stronger applications arrive afterwards.

And I make no apology for this approach - we're the longest standing and best performing guild for a reason.

So please do feel free to apply if you qualify, you never know where in our queue you'll end up!
    Post edited by Zombi on

• ZombiZombi Member
    edited August 2016
    And seeing as today is all about Level Capped - well done team for winning the latest Guild Games by storm!!

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/143372/#Comment_143372

Untitled-1_zpsglid06wl.jpg

• AmraAmra Member
    I just had one of the best weekends of my gamer life. Thank you Dungeon Boss and to each and everyone of my guild mates in Level Capped.
  • ****! Congrats Level Capped! Ya'll grinded unbelievably hard all weekend and especially on Sunday. Earned those extra 50 Daeris tokens.

Hat's off, and can't wait for the next one on behalf of all Athena.
    zntCIcd.gif
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Amazing weekend and come from behind win on the guild games for my guild mates. Perfect way to end cap the spotlight!
  • Read here to see how we actually pulled off the biggest heist in Dungeon Boss history:

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/14301/level-capped-the-reveal

• ****! Congrats Level Capped! Ya'll grinded unbelievably hard all weekend and especially on Sunday. Earned those extra 50 Daeris tokens.

Hat's off, and can't wait for the next one on behalf of all Athena.

This is what it's all about! Great attitude, and competitive attitude!

• Congrats!
  • Congrats to Level Capped!

I tip my cap to you guys!
    Mosey
  • @DaveLokes - is the all CAPS a tribute to Level CAPPED?
  • Thanks for the kind words guys :)