Boss island quick loot

Hi @Joel and @Joveth ,

Quick question: can you get totems from quick looting boss island?

(I assume you still need to run it for specific epic parts ...)

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited August 2016
    You can indeed get totems from quick looting! And you are indeed correct that you'll still need to run it manually to find Epic weapons and specific materials.
    Post edited by Joel on
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Thanks for the info!
  • TripflareTripflare Member
    edited August 2016
    Joel wrote: »
    You can indeed totems from quick looting! And you are indeed correct that you'll still need to run it manually to find Epic weapons and specific materials.

Not all totems appear to drop. I just quick looted the totems required to take Yorick epic from level 1 to level 5. It took 350 quick loot keys. Epic level 6 needs an additional totem called a Bone Hilt, it doesnt appear to drop as the next 300 quick loot keys didn't see a single one drop, the other totem dropped in abundance.
  • Tripflare wrote: »
    You can indeed totems from quick looting! And you are indeed correct that you'll still need to run it manually to find Epic weapons and specific materials.

Not all totems appear to drop. I just quick looted the totems required to take Yorick epic from level 1 to level 5. It took 350 quick loot keys. Epic level 6 needs an additional totem called a Bone Hilt, it doesnt appear to drop as the next 300 quick loot keys didn't see a single one drop, the other totem dropped in abundance.

Hey tripflare!
    Only totems will drop from quick loot, to get the other epic pieces, gotta run the dungeons manually. :P
    Tripflare wrote: »

Hey Tripflare. The Bone Hilt isn't a totem, it's a Hero-specific material and needs to be collected via manual dungeon runs. All totems will have 'totem' in their name.
  • TripflareTripflare Member
    edited August 2016
    Tripflare wrote: »

Hey Tripflare. The Bone Hilt isn't a totem, it's a Hero-specific material and needs to be collected via manual dungeon runs. All totems will have 'totem' in their name.

Thanks for clarifying that. I didnt realise it was a manual dungeon run. Is there any in game way to tell, as tapping on it just shows it collected from the same dungeon, no distinction between being able to be quick looted and having to be run manually?
    Yep! Just look at the "drops" area of the dungeon card and tap the different pictures. If something says "epic part for HERO", then it needs a manual dungeon run. :)
  • @Tripflare that's a weapon part not a totem...Joel said above you still have to manually run for those
  • epicredcardepicredcard Member
    edited August 2016
    And to be honest I don't like this...takes a lot of the "fun" out of leveling an epic giving totems a 100% drop rate would have been better then this...

now one can simply "buy" epic's through quick loot packs (stam and key packs in shop) it's not an earned thing now :( really dissapointed in this choice!
  • Who has 300 loot keys. Who has 600 loot keys? Dang.
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • I'm still sitting at 850 was at 999 before I started trying to farm runes...
  • I still have 920 loot keys. I don't enjoy doing all these manual runs to constantly come up empty handed and I've done my share of buying stuff. Not planning on spending as much as the Asians do
  • Suggestion to devs, add daily loot key purchase like gems / stamina!
  • Also @tripflare what was the drop % on your ql runs?
  • I'm sitting nicely in 0 loot keys. Loot keys are just a tad hard to get... An increase of them throughout all portals wold be nice.
    Current Level: 70! King of the hill!
    IGN MooCopYT
    Shared Hero: Kira
    Favourite Hero: Mausta Kira (6* and runed up to 3k attack!)
    Officer in Spud Brigade
  • @Joel , I expressed my disappointment in this earlier as it takes away from the challenge and makes the epics buy able...of course I will take advantage of it but would you guys consider making the totems a 100% drop rate if you manually run the level...I burned a lot of my keys already and and am waiting to burn the rest on another hero, but wanting to still farms some in the mean time...I just ran permafrost 4 times with no totem drop...I think it would be fair given the time restraint to make manual runs 100% totem drop and then give the option to quick loot at current drop rates?

Thoughts on this please?
    @Joel , I expressed my disappointment in this earlier as it takes away from the challenge and makes the epics buy able...of course I will take advantage of it but would you guys consider making the totems a 100% drop rate if you manually run the level...I burned a lot of my keys already and and am waiting to burn the rest on another hero, but wanting to still farms some in the mean time...I just ran permafrost 4 times with no totem drop...I think it would be fair given the time restraint to make manual runs 100% totem drop and then give the option to quick loot at current drop rates?

Thoughts on this please?

Hey @epicredcard. While it is now possible to obtain totems with greater speed (though at an increased loot key cost) you still need to do manual runs to get the various materials for specific Epics, so they aren't quite buyable. As for future changes to how things drop, we are always listening to feedback. :)
  • @Joel , I expressed my disappointment in this earlier as it takes away from the challenge and makes the epics buy able...of course I will take advantage of it but would you guys consider making the totems a 100% drop rate if you manually run the level...I burned a lot of my keys already and and am waiting to burn the rest on another hero, but wanting to still farms some in the mean time...I just ran permafrost 4 times with no totem drop...I think it would be fair given the time restraint to make manual runs 100% totem drop and then give the option to quick loot at current drop rates?

Thoughts on this please?

Great idea for the 100% rate on manual run, would love it.

• Hey @Joel thanks for the response! And I get that you have to run manually for the drops my yoric is almost at epic level 9 now...but what I meant is before to level from 1-2 you had to grind...now you just three star once and quick loot like crazy and keep buying stam packs every day to replenish...which will only be something super whales can do and this will drastically mess with level 70 pvp as you will have crazy high stay epics from the ones that spent 30$ on stamina to quick loot epics. And have spent little time actually playing!

I still personally don't like the quick loot but it's there so that's fine! I just wish there was a better incentive for actually playing the game...i.e. the 100% totem drop rate on a manual run! And I think if that were the case you would still have super whales buying to quick loot but would also have other spenders willing to drop some smaller amounts on stamina packs to manually run the levels knowing they will get a decent roi
  • @epicredcard I've been suggesting 100% drop rates for a couple of weeks in the bug thread given that drop rates have been bugged and it wasn't even ever acknowledged so you got further than me. They claim totems are dropping correctly now but I'm getting about 1/2 of what I got before they "improved" the drop rates. 100% chance on manual run makes so much sense given that even speed running you spend 6-8 minutes in the dungeon and you need thousands of totems to level just the 12 epics that are currently available. It makes absolutely no sense why they keep messing with totem drop rates only to decrease your chances and drive away players when they could just make it a 100% drop rate and people still wouldn't end up with epic level 12s for a long long time.
  • epicredcardepicredcard Member
    edited September 2016
    The RNG of this game is just too much really...for whales or f2p players...both will stop playing when the feel like their time or money is not producing results...today's example...the rune pictured below...that cost 9000 tickets in the boss claws...a good many basic matts which are hard enough to come brand I rerolled all 10 times got what it was from the get go not a single improvement...so over 1000 gems on what...a 4* greater attack rune basically...I was starting to enjoy the game again...but they need to throw a few bones...like if you use the 10 reroll it garuntees a 5* heroic or legendary level...

kn9wrjyzg0jv.png
  • So I 3*'d Arcane Circle, will I be able to quickloot possible superior runes next time it comes up?
  • The RNG of this game is just too much really...for whales or f2p players...both will stop playing when the feel like their time or money is not producing results...today's example...the rune pictured below...that cost 9000 tickets in the boss claws...a good many basic matts which are hard enough to come brand I rerolled all 10 times got what it was from the get go not a single improvement...so over 1000 gems on what...a 4* greater attack rune basically...I was starting to enjoy the game again...but they need to throw a few bones...like if you use the 10 reroll it garuntees a 5* heroic or legendary level...

kn9wrjyzg0jv.png

I COMPLETELY agree with this. @Joveth @joel. It's absurd that I can roll 10 times and get ZERO upgrades. It's happened at least 3 times to me so far. I've suggested this before, but I'll say it again. There should be set guaranteed upgrade points. For example roll 5/10 for Greater give a guaranteed upgrade if you haven't yet hit a certain mark. Maybe guaranteed 3 star rare at 5 and 4 star heroic at 10. Just SOMETHING so you don't feel like you're completely flushing gems down the drain AFTER farming a ton of materials.
  • That's my point @MattCauthron I broke my very limited spending since the portal change to max astrid and to get some stam to farm levels...but when crap like this happens it makes me A. Wish I never had and B. Want to stop playing again. That rune has probably 150-200 stamina in it (not even counting stam used on multipurpose things goblin quest etc.) over 1000 gems and a bunch of basic matts that are a pain to get and what's gonna happen to it...it will be salvaged...complet trash!
  • It's very disappointing to say the least. It's happened to me once or twice also. If you reroll 10 times you should at the very least get 2 guaranteed improvement. 1/5 chance to upgrade doesn't seem too absurd of a request to ask when spending 1k gems on it.
    Now 1k is 3 days worth of gems and depending on the person it may be a lot or a little to them. But you also spend 100-200 stamina and you more then likely wanting to craft a few more runes because there are a lot of heroes and 6 runes per hero. That's a lot of gems if you want to have epic or legendary runes more the 3 stars. Not to mention you might find a better rune to replace it in the not so far future as well so I guess the point I and everyone on this forum is trying to make is that it cost a lot of gems and the improvement odds seem low.
  • But then again, sometimes you get insanely powerful game changing runes from rerolling. It's a gamble. We know that collecting the mats. We know that rerolling is not guaranteed. Does it hurt to lose? Of course. In one case, on my second role I got a 5* Legendary. All subsequent rerolls failed, but it was still a good rune. Do I regret flushing those gems down the drain? Sure, but I took the chance knowing my odds of improving were slim, but I had to know if improving was an option. So I rolled. So it goes. I have also salvaged runes losing everything I invested in it. Repeat the process enough and you do ultimately wind up with awesome runes.
  • Joel wrote: »
    @Joel , ....

Hey @epicredcard. While it is now possible to obtain totems with greater speed (though at an increased loot key cost) you still need to do manual runs to get the various materials for specific Epics, so they aren't quite buyable. As for future changes to how things drop, we are always listening to feedback. :)

For epic PARTS, ( understanding that they require a manual run), does the specific hero need to be on the team for that heroes PARTS??
  • I recently won vampiric mats for a greater rune. I have not crafted it because the gamble on the rune being useful is to great.

I'd love to craft it but the rune stories on this forum are worrying to say the least!
  • Thenit probably shouldnt say potential drops of those parts when you have selected quick loot. I just wasted a **** load of keys for no reason
  • What's your complaint? That epic parts aren't dropping when you quickloot? Whose parts would they drop if you're just pressing a button without specifying a party?