Epic weapon drop with Yorick and Icebloom on the same team

I have had pretty good drop rates for epics. However, I had a LONG string of NOT getting the epic with Icebloom and Yorick on the same team. Icebloom had the epic and Yorick did not. And I was not getting Yorick's epic after perhaps 12 tries. Then it occurred to me that Icebloom preceded Yorick in the lineup every time. I simply put Yorick in front of Icebloom and boom. The epic dropped on the very first run with that order. This leads me to believe that if you have two heros looking for an epic, position the one you want to get it first in the lineup. I suspect the code looks at the first eligible hero and decides if they have the epic already or not and configures the dungeon accordingly.

I actually recorded the boss fight and epic drop. As a side note, I used Astrid's Derision to pin Boss Frostbite back on Glacias and when he went for an attack, he essentially committed suicide:

Comments

• Are you running a bunch of defense boost runes on astrid?
  • Are you running a bunch of defense boost runes on astrid?

A picture is worth a thousand words:
    vt9t4wy170g2.png
  • Slammma wrote: »
    Are you running a bunch of defense boost runes on astrid?

A picture is worth a thousand words:
    vt9t4wy170g2.png

I'm running three runes giving her an extra 558 defense.

10 words counting the numbers. Looks like you were off by a couple factors of 10 XD
  • My Astrid build is sort of a multi-mission kind of hero, joint task force if you will. Offense and defense.

Your literal math calculation is suspect. Since I did not utter a single detail about the numbers (zero), and the picture does convey the words, however many, then the picture is relatively and percentage wise infinitely more than a thousand words. My use of "thousand" should be taken in the ancient Greek sense of the word for "myriad". Technically 10,000 but commonly used to convey a number too large to bother counting.

• Where do you get Icebloom's epic from? It was not in the dungeon that Yorik's was when i last tried (earlier this week)
  • @Leito, yup it is, ensure you have Icebloom higher in the attack order than Yorick (if you take both). It should be the Boss Island Water dungeon. The game checks for heroes from left to right in the order so if Yorick is first you won't get icebloom's.

• @Lieto is your Icebloom level 60+ FA?
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Yes she is. I got the epic over the weekend. For some reason it was not even showing up as an epic drop in the dungeon during the mid week blue dungeon.
  • I failed to get Kobal's epic after somewhere around 25 tries. I pulled Brom from my team and sure enough, got Kobal's epic the first try without Brom. I do not remember if Brom was to the left of Kobal in my order.

I do not think this proves anything but assuming you can get through the dungeon without both of the heroes that dungeon drops epics for, there is no harm in only using the one whose epic you want.
    Teal125
  • @Joveth is this a possible bug? i've been trying to get kobal's epic, but no luck in 10 tries so far. i can't drop brom because he is one of my strongest warriors, and i've been running kobal in the first slot just to be safe.
  • I got Kobals epic with Brom on the team.
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • rpger001 wrote: »
    I failed to get Kobal's epic after somewhere around 25 tries. I pulled Brom from my team and sure enough, got Kobal's epic the first try without Brom. I do not remember if Brom was to the left of Kobal in my order.

I do not think this proves anything but assuming you can get through the dungeon without both of the heroes that dungeon drops epics for, there is no harm in only using the one whose epic you want.

The order matters. Put the one you are running for on the left.
    KashHatton
  • edited May 19
    Is this actually the case? Recently in my attempt to get the new EPIC for Stonefist I was running him in spot #1 in the same team as Igorok. After about 10 runs I got the second part of Igorok's EPIC even though he was in position #3. It might be because Stonefist is a slow hero, but having previous read this thread it made me wonder exactly how it is calculated. Eventually I had to drop Igorok in order to get Stonefist's EPIC to drop.