[Func][Summon] Wrong number of tokens awarded for unlock of several heroes

This issue occurs when a hero unlock is acquired in a summon for a hero that has already been unlocked.

The following hero unlocks will award the wrong number of tokens in such case (this is based off the fact that 1 star heroes should award 10 tokens, 2 stars 15 and 3 stars 25):
- Bramble (awards 35 tokens instead of 25)
- Yokozuna (awards 25 tokens instead of 15)
- Overlord Executum (awards 10 tokens instead of 15)
- Ignus the Mad (awards 15 tokens instead of 25)

Note that there could be more, but these are the ones that I noticed. Except for Ignus the Mad, the unlocks were all obtained through heroic summons (I have much less data with full unlocks in honor summons).

Comments

  • meowstaa_meowstaa_ Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    That's not how it works.
    It's based on rarity (how often they appear in the portal), black diamond at 2 star would grant 25 tokens, while therand at 2 star only grants 15. Pontifex grants 35 tokens, and ignus is only 15 while both are 3 base stars.
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Shared Hero: Ippy
  • PhaustusPhaustus Member
    edited September 2015
    meowstaa_ wrote: »
    That's not how it works.
    It's based on rarity (how often they appear in the portal), black diamond at 2 star would grant 25 tokens, while therand at 2 star only grants 15. Pontifex grants 35 tokens, and ignus is only 15 while both are 3 base stars.

    And going by every other game out there, rarity is usually determined by number of "natural" stars, not some arbitrary hidden value. If they want this to be clear, they probably should state rarity somewhere we can see it...

    Also, considering how many Yoko drops and unlocks I've gotten from heroic summons (compared to, say, Executum), it doesn't really look like it's based off how often you get it from portal (as I've gotten roughly 3x more Yoko drops than Executum and yet, according to this, Yoko should be much rarer). I realize my sample size is small, but still.
  • meowstaa_meowstaa_ Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    This is from the update log

    "More Tokens
    If you Summon a Full Hero that you have already unlocked you will now receive an increased number of tokens based on the rarity of that Hero. In some cases this will be up to 35 tokens!"
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Shared Hero: Ippy
  • PhaustusPhaustus Member
    edited September 2015
    meowstaa_ wrote: »
    This is from the update log

    "More Tokens
    If you Summon a Full Hero that you have already unlocked you will now receive an increased number of tokens based on the rarity of that Hero. In some cases this will be up to 35 tokens!"

    And as I have already stated: how are you supposed to determine the rarity of a hero, if not by the natural number of stars that they have when you unlock them?

    I don't want to sound rude but I've obviously read the patch notes, or I wouldn't have brought up this issue as being a potential bug.

    If you can point out to me a way to clearly distinguish Overlord Executum from Yokozuna in terms of rarity, then I guess this would close the discussion. If not, then I think they need to work on the clarity of their rarity system.
  • GregGreg Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey! I wrote the patch notes so let me say - its not tied directly to the number of stars. It is tied to the overall rarity of the Hero in the various portals. While all the three star Heroes are pretty awesome, not all of them drop at the same rate in the portals. It is not a bug its working exactly as laid out in nifty little spreadsheet thingy to does spreadsheet things! Apologies if there was any confusion.
  • Greg wrote: »
    Hey! I wrote the patch notes so let me say - its not tied directly to the number of stars. It is tied to the overall rarity of the Hero in the various portals. While all the three star Heroes are pretty awesome, not all of them drop at the same rate in the portals. It is not a bug its working exactly as laid out in nifty little spreadsheet thingy to does spreadsheet things! Apologies if there was any confusion.

    Thanks for the clarification! However, is there any way the relative rarity could be indicated on heroes? Or are there much more than just 3-4 rarity tiers?
    Otherwise, it does look buggy when you get a different number of tokens for same amount of stars (and people will assume stars = rarity, since we have nothing else to go off of :P).

Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com