FAQ: Dungeon Boss (After the Oct. 16th update)

Maestro5563Maestro5563 Member
edited December 2015 in New to the Dungeons?
Hey guys, if you have the following questions, you can get all your answers here!
If no, ask me inside the comment. (So that the forum will be more... peaceful and clear :) )

1. Q: What are the little hammers for?
A: To upgrade the chest in "My dungeon", which will be unlocked at level 10. You can use hammer to improve the productivity / safety of the chest.

2. Q: What are the keys for?
A: When you 3-star a dungeon (except XP, Gold island), you can use the key bypassing all the dungeon keepers and get the loot directly without playing that level. Stamina required, and you still get player xp. But you don't get hero xp. Can't back out of a wooden chest to avoid getting player xp. Obviously no scrolls for using friends (since you can't use friends/shared champions).

3. Q: Can we get Lupina token using Quick Loot?
A: Sorry but you can't. Game mechanic determined so. If you want Lupina token, you have to enter the dungeon and hope for the best.

4. Q: Why can't I get into Evo Island?
A: It only opens from MON - FRI. No Evo event in weekend thus the island is closed for Evo breeding. They need a break too.

5. Q: Inside the PvP, I won a battle, but then my last hero died due to the burn debuff health deduction, then I lost? Why?
A: The rule might be ambiguous and different from PvE where all your debuff are cleansed after winning, we understand, but it is the fact. Well, you can't open the box if all your heroes lay down, unless you are Grandet, who even managed to thwart death a little because of a pile of gold coins.
It happened to me too, frustrating at first, but with proper strategy, this won't happen again. (The Grandet part is only a joke)

6. Q: I pulled x10 Heroic Summon, I got no new heroes. Why?
A: They say "Guarantee 1 hero", not 1NEW hero, here is the catch. If you unlock an unlocked hero, you will get a bunch of tokens, example: 35 tokens for IGOROK if you already have him.

7. Q: I got raided by 5-star team in a low level. Is he a cheater?
A: No, they use money. That's perfectly legit.

8. Q: Why the leaderboard No. 1 in PvP always attacks so much, like 150 PvP battles while I raided like only 20 times per tournament?
A: They use gems to buy raid ticket, perfectly legit, and they are not cheaters. (it could be very offensive accusing someone as a cheater)

9. Q: For the events, it says xxxx Evo (A dual-colored one) x3, Yet I got only one! Why?
A: X3 means chance, not quantity.

10. Q: What if I missed a daily reward because I was on vacation/conference......
A: Your daily rewards will not disappear or date back to day 1. It only counts your total login date, so miss one day, the reward still continues.
Example: I got Day 37 reward, and I enjoyed my vacation for 7 days. When I come back, I can still get Day 38 reward.

11. Q: How about my daily gem then?
A: This however, you must retrieve it daily, or it will lost unlike the daily reward.

12. Q: I know how keys work, but even if I 3 starred the whole chapter, the Quick Loot button just never show up!
A: Not knowing the exact reason, but we believe that it requires Lvl 8(?), once you reach this level, restart the game. Button appears.

13. Q: I can't enter the Evo Island, XP Island, Gold Island. Why?
A: You may need to reach Level 15, 20, 25 respectively to enter these islands.

14. Q: How do you define a new day in Dungeon Boss?
A: Dungeon Boss Time (DBT)'s rule: Every day begins at PDT 10 AM when events refresh. However, tokens and XP island, Gold Island raiding quota, VIP daily benefit, daily quests.... updated at your local midnight. Could be quite confusing, but you will get used to it.

15. Q: I found no token in side the chest of XP island. Same thing happen is Gold Island. Why?
A: You can find the tokens in shiny objects. Not 100% though, most time you will only get 1 stamina.

16. Q: I pulled x10 great summon, I got 2 gold chests containing Bovus token, but it didn't count into my token! It doesn't increase!
A: It is already confirmed that these token are already given to your hero before you got that chest. Thus you think it doesn't changed, it changes already. In other words, all the chest opening processes are just informing you what you've got, all the lottery works and token delivery are done once you pressed the x10 button.

17. Q: I am VIP, yet I've never unlocked any hero through great summon!
A: That happens once in a blue moon, even rarer than Celestials. 1000 pulls may only leads to 4 unlocks. So it is perfectly normal not experiencing full unlock in great summon yet.

18. Q: Ascend a hero will not bring him/her better stats, ascension only grants one new special attack.
A: Heroes' stats WILL improve after ascension. But you have to exit to the hero tab, back to the main interface (where you can find a fountain in the middle and My Dungeon button, Friend button...). Re-enter the hero tab now, we can see the new stats now.

19. Q: When I retreat from dungeon, my Lupina/Stamina is gone!
A: Yes, you won't able to keep them if you retreat. However, you will get the Evo you obtained.

8l9q4r4zvubt.png
The Greatest Evo Farming Master
Post edited by Maestro5563 on

Comments

• Great thread, hopefully we will have less newbie questions in this forum. @Joel can you please stick this thread?
  • JayycoJayyco Member
    edited October 2015
    Now I know what hammers are for, thanks!!

-sticky please.
  • EosEos Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Nice thread. I will definitely just start referencing this for any "hacking/cheating" and "no new hero from the portal!?" folks on the regular.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    IGN: Dudum
    Champion: Dhaegon Stonecrusher 6* [60]
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
    When I'm fresh out of stamina sometimes I get a little snippy...Apologies.
  • @Eos Island and Quick Loot Button issue updated.
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    @Maestro5563 ty, I would probably change the text to "3 stared the entire chapter" and only for comprehension sake I would list the islands in the same order as the level req. 20, 15, 25 is awkward. sorry.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
  • @Eos Hmm, now they make more sense now. Thx :)
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    edited October 2015
    14 needs a bit more clarification, tokens reset at "midnight local time" and if you want to get all convoluted you can try and explain the end time for tourneys (PDT 10 PM) but point out that the weekend tourney doesn't show 3 days even though they are.

I could've sworn @Itchytorturepox had a FAQ stickied. Where did that get to... Still there.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • Maestro5563Maestro5563 Member
    edited October 2015
    @Eos I suddenly found this time system convoluted... and since it is also a FAQ... Maybe I should name the thread with the new version number, so that it is more specified? Any suggestions?
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    edited October 2015
    @Maestro5563 IKR! The worse is right now people are hitting their respective Mondays (ugh...) and we're still figuring things out. I would do like the devs do, list is as "October, 16th update" since iOS and Android version numbers aren't always the same and it's a major update. Still this post is on point. Most of these Q's I see in chat all day long.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • OhtOht Member
    edited October 2015
    Q: What are the keys for?
    A: When you 3-star a dungeon (except XP, Gold island), you can use the key bypassing all the dungeon keepers and get the loot directly without playing that level. Stamina required, and you still get player xp.

Perhaps add: But you don't get hero xp. Can't back out of a wooden chest to avoid getting player xp. Obviously no scrolls for using friends (since you can't use friends/shared champions).
    5. Q: Inside the PvP, I won a battle, but then my last hero died due to the burn debuff health deduction, then I lost? Why?
    A: The rule might be ambiguous and different from PvE where all your debuff are cleansed after winning, we understand, but it is the fact. Well, you can't open the box if all your heroes lay down, unless you are Grandet, who even managed to thwart death a little because of a pile of gold coins.
    It happened to me too, frustrating at first, but with proper strategy, this won't happen again.

Who is Grandet? What? What does proper strategy have to do with the burn/dying/not getting the win topic?
    6. Q: I pulled x10 Heroic Summon, I got no new heroes. Why?
    A: They say "Gurantee 1 hero", not 1NEW hero, here is the catch. If you unlock an unlocked hero, you will get a bunch of tokens, example: 35 tokens for IGOROK if you already have him. This amount of tokens compare to the chests. IMO, better quality than quantity. Focus on your own hero first unless you really need some particular heroes to achieve your goal.

1. Guarantee not gurantee

2. "This amount of tokens compare to the chests." What does that mean?

3. " IMO, better quality than quantity." To me that makes no sense here. What does quality have to do with the number of tokens you're getting?

12. Q: I know how keys work, but even if I 3 stared.

Starred not stared.

Great job, thanks for putting that together.
    edited October 2015
    @Ahtt Thank you for your feedback. Now these FAQ are surely ameliorated. Man, you can't trust yourself when you are hungry, low blood sugar makes your brain go fuzzy.
    Grandet however, is a character in the novel: Eugénie Grandet. He craves money so much that he even keep breathing on his deathbed for a while staring at a pile of gold coins. Well it is just a joke here, meaning only Him can get burnt and still somehow, because of his craziness to money, reach the chest.
    Sorry for the confusion, it is just a joke that came across my mind :p
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
  • @Maestro5563

"Evo Island" was supposed to be available this past Friday 16th? But wasn't. Now it's Monday 19th 12:31am and is still not available. Maybe time zone?
    What do you mean by level 15, 20, 25 because I am passed player level 15, 20, 25 which @joveth states, "player level 15" required.

What about Spooky Town? Do the heroes get to do virtual trick or treating?
    What does (tm) mean? Trick me?

@jiley Evo Island was not supposed to be avail on Friday. The weekends celestial portal event covered all evo events. It will be open today 5:00 PM, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • OhtOht Member
    People keep saying spooky town. Should I be seeing halloween something on the....whatever that screen is called? Because I don't.
    Ahtt wrote: »
    People keep saying spooky town. Should I be seeing halloween something on the....whatever that screen is called? Because I don't.

Not sure if this is a real question... or a faq question...
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
    jiley wrote: »
    @Maestro5563

"Evo Island" was supposed to be available this past Friday 16th? But wasn't. Now it's Monday 19th 12:31am and is still not available. Maybe time zone?
    What do you mean by level 15, 20, 25 because I am passed player level 15, 20, 25 which @joveth states, "player level 15" required.

What about Spooky Town? Do the heroes get to do virtual trick or treating?
    What does (tm) mean? Trick me?

I'm so sorry, (tm) or ™, Trademark
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • DizeazedDizeazed Member
    edited October 2015
    Excellent post! A link to this should be included in the big update original post so there are less repetitive threads.

@Maestro5563, good lookin out!
  • HumiHumi Member
    edited October 2015
    @Maestro5563 for your last question, if you don't get a token, you get two stamina when you find shiny objects in the Gold/Exp dungeons
    Current Core Hero Group Goals(As of 5/3/16):

Get to 6*: Ponti(46/250), Squinch(157/250), Nim(167/250), Yasmin(29/250), Stonefish(26/250), Icebloom(208/250), IGOROK(53/250), Tsume(82/250), Bovus(21/250), Yorick(76/250), Phemus(18/250), Masuta(73/250) and Shadow(92/250)!
    Get to 5*: Torchy(108/150), Ekko(54/150), Julius(87/150), Executum(5/150), Abby(27/150), Yoko(81/150), Rogar(57/150), Emily(133/150), Jabber(146/150), Will the Sir(28/150), Augustus(128/150), Rocky(85/150), Phenol(117/150), Balog(60/150), Lupina(20/150), Sifu(7/150), Brom(22/150) and Selwyn(103/150)!
    Get to 4*: Nitpick(71/100), Leo(47/100), Malice(30/100), Bramble(36/100), Zurk(35/100), Dhaegon(46/100) and Lord Zomm(18/100)!

6* Hero List: MANGLEJAWWWWWWWWW!!! Willow! Black Diamond! Therand! Ignus! Dagrund... Sir Piggy! Takumi... Nub Nub!
    XzOiig1.png
    ul6bkq75s33x.png

• What's the deal with the NPC opponents that don't have levels next to their name, and instead are just a solid color block with a symbol inside it? Are they level to your guys, or something else?
  • @MikeyLikesIt You mean the symbol of skeleton? You can long press the character, and see the detailed information. you can his level there.
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    I've got one "I just submitted a ticket to big fish today and haven't yet heard back from them what gives? Should I open another ticket?"
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • It's a skull @MikeyLikesIt and it just means they are an epic monster and strong for their level
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

@Maestro5563 #3 needs to be updated.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • Eos wrote: »

Oh, the joy you must have felt to make this post... So many Lupina fibbers. They all broke my **** heart.
    Dizeazed wrote: »
    Eos wrote: »

Oh, the joy you must have felt to make this post... So many Lupina fibbers. They all broke my **** heart.

Actually it was that I was responding to someone else going off about why no one explains about quickloot and was going to reference something here but I saw and was like, oh no... gotta get that corrected.

Lies. A little white lie. Yeah I felt pretty good. My keys are going to be sitting at 999 every day after I finish grinding Dhaegon. Maybe I'll use them again in the future once Lupina is 5*d. Maybe... gonna have to keep my total dungeon runs up though if I wanna keep up with Hopper I can't be slacking with no keys.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • @Eos Updated. And it is a Sticky now. LOL
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    Hahaha that may have been me, full disclosure I was trying something out and hadn't seen any result. If it was I will double check with blues to make sure it's ok. But thanks for updating it.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
    The volmods (yuk don't like that - nix that to never be ref again) cannot sticky so it was a blue. Grats!
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • ShmobleyShmobley Member
    edited November 2015
    Hey @Maestro5563 this is about the forums. What are points for? I have 7.
    edited November 2015
    @Shmobley I haven't figured out what the forum points for too... :|
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png