Hero of the Week: MASUTA KIRA! (Preview)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited August 2015 in Hero Spotlights
We’ve got a treat for you this week, we’re giving you a preview of a brand new hero who will be joining Dungeon Boss in the near future! Meet Masuta Kira!

z6xsuzfx9rcm.png

Name: Masuta Kira

Classification: Fast Rogue

Background: Masuta Kira is the light in the darkness, hunter of the dead, and master ninja. He has come from far beyond the Imperial Border to rid the land of undead. His favorite pupil fell during a battle with the Lich. Now he craves revenge and nothing will stop him.

Most Hated Hero: Life Reaper Brom

Element: Light (Strong against Dark enemies, weak to Dark attacks)

Traits:

NOTE: There is a known bug that is keeping Masuta's traits from being visible on his hero card, but they can be seen and are operational in battle.
  • Shifty: Innate ability to dodge attacks. – Ninjas are really, really good at dodging attacks.
  • PWN Undead: Boosted damage vs undead enemies. – Masuta’s specialty is taking out undead enemies. This is going to be extremely useful when raiding enemies with Overlord Executum and Life Reaper brom.

Abilities and Ascensions
  • Slash: A master ninja’s basic attack.
  • Death Blossom: A shower of throwing-blades hits all enemies 2 times for 68 base damage. (damage scales up with skill level)

First Ascension Requirements:
  • Light Evo Larva: 35
  • Light Evo: 20
  • Fire Evo Larva: 5
  • Bushido Evo (Green/Red): 1

NEW Traits:
  • WUSHU: Immune to CRITICAL strikes. – It doesn’t matter if an enemy has an increased chance for a critical hit. Crits don’t work on Masuta, period.

NEW Abilities:
  • VIBRATING PALM: Chi attack for 260 base damage that cannot be reflected or mitigated in anyway. (damage scales up with skill level)

Second Ascension Requirements:
  • Fire Evo Larva: 40
  • Light Evo: 35
  • Runed Evo (Purple/Green): 8
  • Shadow Evo (Yellow/Purple): 2

NEW Abilities:
  • DIM MAK: Highly skilled attack for 283 base damage that targets the enemy’s nerves, in doing so, all healing will be blocked for target for 3 turns. (damage scales up with skill level)

Masuta Kira will be emerging from the shadows very soon, be on the lookout for him!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on

Comments

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Finally a proper way to take down Overlord. I mean sure Overlord is low star but at high star levels his Light hunter is just the bane of anyone who tries to get bonus damage. For this guy I cite Rogar as a good counter. Rogar has Skull cracker and never misses. Always good against Shifty foes.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Awesome!!
  • edited August 2015
    Will there be an event for him like there was for Bramble, or will he be a portal only hero?

And if I had any photoshop skills I would put pictures of black notebooks over his daggers.
    Also it is quite fitting that his element is LIGHT.
    Post edited by Lord_Whatsisface on
    • Level: 61
    • I will be less active from now on, gotta study.
    • Torchy is and always will be the best healer in the game.
    • I am always lurking.
    ... MYSTERY EVENT THIS WEEKEND!
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Webber91Webber91 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hmm I wonder what the mystery event could be... maybe....nah....yes.....AN EARLY REALESE OF THIS HEROE AND 10 OTHER SECRET HEROES.

Grinding Grinding and more Grinding

• hereohereo Member
    edited August 2015
    I just hope he's not 100 tokens like sifu and not heroic summon only but he might be the perfect counter against lich
    Hey in the next uptade lets have each hero with a favourite hero and a hated hero
    In game level:41
    Shared hero:bovus el doro
    Favourite hero: bovus el doro.
    Chapter:16
  • He is almost certainly 100 tokens. Usually 3 star heroes have 1 celestial for the first ascension and 10 for the second. 1 star heroes have no celestials for the first and 4 for the second. 2 stars are are all over the place.
    • I am always lurking.
  • He sounds great sept his last ascension it looks horrid no being healed for three turns what ewww but his first ascension and well everything makes him good
  • hereohereo Member
    edited August 2015
    I have a question-who was his apprentice
    FIANLLY A HERO IMMUNE TO damage
  • A Light hero named Kira? Nobody else is getting this connection?
    • I am always lurking.
  • Ya I love his immune to crit beauty
  • hereohereo Member
    edited August 2015
    I know @stroop
    And willow users don't use sniper shot on him-your gonna waste it
    Post edited by hereo on
  • LucyDogLucyDog Member
    edited August 2015
    Hmm so he's not a fast type or will we not know until we get him? Guess I will wait to see his stats before I decide to try him out or not.
    Heh he h heh... He isn't fast. The best way to beat a ninja is with another ninja...
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• hereohereo Member
    edited August 2015
    And let the other ninja (shadowblade) get killed or vice versa most likley kira will win because..master
    And he's immune to crit shadowblade a attack always does crit on me(from the shadows) so kira is most likely to win
    Is he armoured? No. Do he get outsped? Yes. Pair black diamond with shadowblade and he's done like dinner. That way you can protect heroes like Overlord, Brom, and even Ekko from being slaughtered.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• hereo wrote: »
    And let the other ninja (shadowblade) get killed or vice versa most likley kira will win because..master
    And he's immune to crit shadowblade a attack always does crit on me(from the shadows) so kira is most likely to win

Shadowblade cannot crit versus light characters regardless of the new guy's passive. You can't score a critical hit vs the element you are weak against. With light/dark, neither can crit versus each other.
  • Guys I got him haven't finished testing hi yet but he's ascended and everything he's great with health and he's fast he goes first so unbeatable pvp is him and black diamond that'll kill all and also he has amazing abilities but his ascension move is a bit weak and his last ascension isn't very good but he still worth it and totally amazing
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited August 2015
    NOTE: There is a known bug that is keeping Masuta's traits from being visible on his hero card, but they can be seen and are operational in battle.

I've also added this text to the original post. Have a good time PWNing undead!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Ohh so he is fast? That's good to hear. Was surprised when I first read this post and didn't see anything about him being fast.
    Same. I thought he was medium speed. Time to redo a strategy to counter this guy. if he's immune to crits and shifty Rogar and Takumi are the best choices. Rogar specifically due to skull cracker.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• ???you got him stroop?
  • Yes and I have him lvl 40 aprnd ascended and he's good but his ascensions aren't as good his first move is great though he all around a great player he'd be great against shadow blade and brom and him and black together what
  • Awesome I got him! I ascended his second ability already. Im surprised i got him in my first try since i blew almost 1800 gems trying to get igorok with no luck on his event
  • Woah you doubke ascended him already or just one I got him fifth try
  • mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    stroop wrote: »
    Yes and I have him lvl 40 aprnd ascended and he's good but his ascensions aren't as good his first move is great though he all around a great player he'd be great against shadow blade and brom and him and black together what

I haven't lvl'd him much, but I have ascended him and I think his first ascension power is great. Damage done by palm attack cannot be reflected or otherwise mitigated...sweet! I like the animations too...cursory impression is pretty positive
  • Yay I think I'm gonna get enough gems by the end of the day to get 1 heroic summon (and most likely pass)
  • Mycal I totally agree that's why I said it was ok but that skill only helpful mainly for pvp but still it great but his move is not that much damage giving is what I meant sorry if it came out the wrong way like I love him
  • "Most Hated Hero: Life Reaper Brom"

Seems to be a trend here...

Should have animated him wearing a Boss Fight jersey.