Hero Spotlight: Legendary High King Valkin

JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited September 2016 in Hero Spotlights
kqq8hdk8htdg.png
Note: We'll be releasing a new hero shortly and we wanted to post this a little early to make sure players are prepared!

Background
The story of how High King Valkin came to be the ruler of all the Dwarves is a tale of tragedy and rebirth. Born to the Frost Dwarf Clan, Valkin had to lead his people from an early age. During the first Goblin War the Storm Dwarf Clan led the main united Dwarf campaign against the Goblins. In the final battle, the Storm King fell and all seemed lost, until Valkin dove into the thick of the goblin hordes without hesitation and attacked their forces with powerful attacks. This brave action inspired the other Dwarf Clans as they fought back the Goblin Menace. The other elemental Dwarf Clans followed him without hesitation during the battle and under his leadership, they managed to shatter enemy lines and force the goblins to retreat. It was a grand victory for the Dwarf Clans but it came at a price. With his last words, the critically injured Storm King anointed Valkin as the High King of the Dwarves, uniting all of the Dwarf Clans under one rule in this dark time.

Most Hated Hero
Cruel King Bramble – Valkin and the other Dwarves are currently at war with the Goblin tribes, and their leader has proved himself to be a powerful adversary to Valkin.

Element
WATER: +30% bonus against FIRE enemies, -25% vs NATURE enemies

Tags: Legendary Armored Dwarf Warrior

Traits:
  • PERFECT SWING – Attacks cannot be dodged or missed.
  • ARMORED – Takes less damage from Physical Attacks.
  • FEAR IMMUNE – Immune to Fear effects.

Abilities and Ascensions:
  • TO WAR (ARTILLERY) – Ranged Water Attack on all enemies that has a chance to Freeze.

Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Light Evo Monarch: 30
  • Fire Evo Monarch: 15
  • Water Evo: 45
  • Arcane Evo: 4

NEW Trait!
  • DWARF FERVOR – Increase ATK + DEF for each Dwarven ally by 10%.

NEW Ability!
  • TO WAR (INFANTRY) – A battalion of Dwarves charge, dealing Melee Physical damage to all enemies and Hastes Allies.
  • STEEL SHARPENS STEEL - Buffs allies ATK + CRIT. Switches 'To War' to Infantry.

Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Water Evo Monarch: 45
  • Moonlight Evo: 6
  • Valkyrie Evo: 8
  • Infinity Evo: 4

New Trait!
  • DWARF FERVOR II – Increase ATK + DEF for each Dwarven ally by 20%.
  • LEAD BY EXAMPLE – Gains a chance for an ally to attack the same target on a basic attack.

New Ability!
  • TO WAR (CALVALRY) - Melee Physical biting attacks that fears all enemies and buff DEF of Allies.
  • TOOTH AND NAIL - 2 Attacks on one enemy and all Dwarven allies will attack the same target. Switches 'To War' to Calvary.
Joveth Gonzalez
Sr. Communications Manager @ Boss Fight Entertainment
Post edited by Joveth on

Comments

• Hype!
  • any tips for which portal it will be ?
  • This hero looks awesome! Can't wait

Hoping he's not the first legendary to be stuck in the VIP portal though >.< Ain't nobody got the gems for that!
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm not sure, but I think it rhymes with cenozoic....
    Joveth Gonzalez
  • Is there any healers involved? Other than Dagrund. Because as much as we all adore him, my particular Dagrund tends to die if you look at him sideways. :(
    nunya
  • LietoLieto Member
    edited September 2016
    @Joveth - can you tell us how the prize unlock works for those that won that? Will he be in our game straight away? I guess we cant pull on the portal until he is loaded into our roster??

Well, we can but it might negate the prize...?
  • Hyped!! So glad I won twitter giveaway :D
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • My I add, the character art looks amazing. Please tell the design team they've done an amazing job!
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • so now we have 6 dwarf heroes yet only 4 goblins. need more goblins up in here. #imwithbramble
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    The status effects from "To War" appear to change from freeze, to haste to fear as the hero goes through ascensions. Or is it more complicated than that? (Some might feel that haste is better than fear, so I fear they will not be too hasty in fully ascending him.)
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • guaranteed straight off the bat. thats nice

He is not yet unlocked for me as per Twitter prize though so I will wait for @Joveth to confirm how this works...

ie, if I unlock him myself, do i get 35 tokens for the prize and does he come FA'd like Kozar did when people won him?

I wana unlock him so i can play around with the team so would really appreciate a heads up @Joveth .

Thanks! :)
    The status effects from "To War" appear to change from freeze, to haste to fear as the hero goes through ascensions. Or is it more complicated than that?

It's complicated. The other abilities set the "To War" type.
  • When I saw this hero first it gave the impression of a light hero, with all the yellow and gold. Was shocked when I looked at the portal and saw he was water hero.
  • @Itchytorturepox

Seemes like effect of To War only changes after you have used one of the other to abilites in battle. Meaning he will start every dungeon with the freeze effect. Then after using for example Steel Sharpens Steel, it will shift to haste.

That's how I interpret it.
  • I just got him by my worst 10x summon ever with two purple chests and no unlock and now I don't even have all the water evos to ascend him... But it's still nice cause he's a freakin' dwarven king I guess.
  • Ok - got the mail. 100 tokens for the unlock...so that's how it works. Awesome! THANKS!!
  • Any word on how long the Viking Dwarf will be hanging around the portal-that-rhymes-with-cenozoic (mesopolagic, bathyal, abyssalpelagic... oh wait - wrong category)?
  • I wish there was an event to go with the new legendary :disappointed:
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Any word on how long the Viking Dwarf will be hanging around the portal-that-rhymes-with-cenozoic (mesopolagic, bathyal, abyssalpelagic... oh wait - wrong category)?

Till Monday!
    Joveth Gonzalez
  • I wish there were some tokens in the aether shop. This aether is burning a hole and n my pocket
  • Joveth wrote: »
    Any word on how long the Viking Dwarf will be hanging around . . . ?

Till Monday!

Great! Thanks!

• Lieto wrote: »
    guaranteed straight off the bat. thats nice

He is not yet unlocked for me as per Twitter prize though so I will wait for @Joveth to confirm how this works...

ie, if I unlock him myself, do i get 35 tokens for the prize and does he come FA'd like Kozar did when people won him?

I wana unlock him so i can play around with the team so would really appreciate a heads up @Joveth .

Thanks! :)

I hope we recieve him FA, that would make it extra sweet
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
    @Joveth Regarding the spotlight (Post #1 in this thread), in the abilities and ascensions section, you could add:
    Swing - A basic Melee Physical attack. Switches "To War" to 'Artillery'
  • sagewithaflawsagewithaflaw Member
    edited September 2016
    dabawse wrote: »
    so now we have 6 dwarf heroes yet only 4 goblins. need more goblins up in here. #imwithbramble

I'm a huge goblin fan myself so I would gladly like another on the roster, but I consider Kozar kinda sorta on #teamgobbo. He's sort of like the cousin Eddie of the family.

Post edited by sagewithaflaw on
  • His 6 star FA base stats are below:

Attack:2515
    Defense:2727
    Skill:1480
    Max Health:4188
    Crit:23%
    Crit Multiplier:200%
  • dabawse wrote: »
    so now we have 6 dwarf heroes yet only 4 goblins. need more goblins up in here. #imwithbramble

I'm a huge goblin myself

wait, are you the 5th goblin?
  • His 6 star FA base stats are below:

Attack:2515
    Defense:2727
    Skill:1480
    Max Health:4188
    Crit:23%
    Crit Multiplier:200%

Health looks low. My 3star Kai has 5322 health at lvl 66.

• edited September 2016
    Since High King Valkin is a legendary dwarf, does that mean a legendary dwarf team with synergies and stuff will be created?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • The dwarf king is definitely interesting but the other dwarfs do not have any of the synergy style abilities of the undeads or the goblins and the team falls apart pretty quickly when used on anything hard.