Slow levelers and the tower

I'm currently a level 23 slow leveler and wondering how much XP the tower gives.

There's no slow leveler youtubers or anything so it's hard to tell. I was just wondering what rewards you get from doing a full tower run and whether or not I'll be able to do them, without getting too much XP

Comments

• Slow leveling is, at the same time, boring and ineffective. So I don't see a reason why should be youtubers slow leveling, because they wouldn't get good feedback

Hope this helps.
  • Slow leveling is dead.

I believe the tower gives 1xp per floor(it's not explicitly indicated). Complete the tower every day if possible. At least complete floor 3 for 25 gems.
  • Ignore the stupid people. If they enjoy spamming QuickLoot and not having enough gold/pots to level up their guys, so be it. I am level 49 now with 30+ 6 star dudes, VIP 2.

Slow Leveling is very much alive. Basically it is a way of thinking of player XP as a cost. The idea is to get as much benefit/tokens/power/etc with minimal cost.

Tower itself gives 1 XP per floor, so 12 total. For those 12XP, you get 500k gold, 500 honor, 300 gems, about 5 Yorick tokens, some random evos, a few potions, and 70 stamina. As such it is the most cost effective way to "spend" your XP in the game. It does get repetitive, but the rewards are HUGE compared to crappy daily quests with their lame 10 gems.

Although outdated, check out gamefaqs and look for tips on how to prepare for the tower and be able to start running it successsfully when you hit 28. The quick version is to convert honor and maybe gems to GOLD and spam gold summons. 500 gems = 1M gold = 100 great summons =~ 60 tokens.
    500 honor = 250k gold = 25 summons or 17ish tokens, along with a lot of EVOs from silver chests.
    Both are quite a bit more tokens than other summons types will give. Thus you can quickly get a LOT of higher star heroes to throw against the tower... and they dont have stupidly high ascension requirements like the gem heroes do.

Slow leveling itself did take several big hits, including that you cannot run from a chest. Therefore you can't see if its say a Rune chest or a gold/purple and run away if not.
    Also, runes are a big part of the game and you must do dungeon runs and completions to get them.
    Also, you cannot keep anything if you retreat from a dungeon, including even shineys and evos that you get during a run.
    So yes, the devs have really tried hard to take a dump on this strategy. They've been pretty mean about it.
    Level-locking the event dungeons was also pretty uncool.

In comparison, a PVP gives you 2 XP and only about 100 honor and maybe 50k gold tops, with a small payout for tournament rewards.
    A dungeon gives 5XP and 1 token and minimal gold. Challenge doubles the XP "cost".

Good luck!
  • Warrrax wrote: »
    Slow leveling itself did take several big hits, including that you cannot run from a chest. Therefore you can't see if its say a Rune chest or a gold/purple and run away if not.
    Good luck!

Force close the app will do it.

The grass isn't necessarily any greener on the other side... sometimes it's just the flowers are in different places.
    Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
  • GibasGibas Member
    edited September 2016
    Actually, I don't slow level, but when I farm improved runes on challenge mode, I wait to have the keys to do it because you just get 5 exp instead of 10.

But hey, it's cool that you have 30+ 6 star dudes at level 49, but if you don't smart leveled you would have the same anyway, just with a greater level. And greater level = more stamina.

Also, don't having gold to upgrade your heroes' skills imply one of these two things:
    1 - Either you are doing too much Great Summons, or
    2 - You are upgrading many heroes' skills at the same time

So, quoting you: "Basically it is a way of thinking of player XP as a cost", you just need to think of heroes' skills as a cost, and plan before purchasing it.

I can get top 10 on PvP without recharges... You just need to be strong to win every opponent of the far right side (If he is too strong, reroll it), put a bait team to get more trophies or put a strong team to stay untouched. Also, you need to plan. Know your heroes' and their synergies, and order them accordingly on your strategy. Basically, it's this.

But hey, everyone plays the way they want, so I want to say sorry about saying that slow leveling was boring. On the other way, I still think that normal/fast leveling is more or as fun as slow leveling.

Have a great day.
  • Warrrax wrote: »
    Ignore the stupid people. If they enjoy spamming QuickLoot and not having enough gold/pots to level up their guys, so be it. I am level 49 now with 30+ 6 star dudes, VIP 2.

Slow Leveling is very much alive. Basically it is a way of thinking of player XP as a cost. The idea is to get as much benefit/tokens/power/etc with minimal cost.

Tower itself gives 1 XP per floor, so 12 total. For those 12XP, you get 500k gold, 500 honor, 300 gems, about 5 Yorick tokens, some random evos, a few potions, and 70 stamina. As such it is the most cost effective way to "spend" your XP in the game. It does get repetitive, but the rewards are HUGE compared to crappy daily quests with their lame 10 gems.

Although outdated, check out gamefaqs and look for tips on how to prepare for the tower and be able to start running it successsfully when you hit 28. The quick version is to convert honor and maybe gems to GOLD and spam gold summons. 500 gems = 1M gold = 100 great summons =~ 60 tokens.
    500 honor = 250k gold = 25 summons or 17ish tokens, along with a lot of EVOs from silver chests.
    Both are quite a bit more tokens than other summons types will give. Thus you can quickly get a LOT of higher star heroes to throw against the tower... and they dont have stupidly high ascension requirements like the gem heroes do.

Also, runes are a big part of the game and you must do dungeon runs and completions to get them.
    Also, you cannot keep anything if you retreat from a dungeon, including even shineys and evos that you get during a run.
    So yes, the devs have really tried hard to take a dump on this strategy. They've been pretty mean about it.
    Level-locking the event dungeons was also pretty uncool.

In comparison, a PVP gives you 2 XP and only about 100 honor and maybe 50k gold tops, with a small payout for tournament rewards.
    A dungeon gives 5XP and 1 token and minimal gold. Challenge doubles the XP "cost".

Good luck!

I have never seen someone dig their own grave.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• Ignoring over complicated answers, it gives 1xp per floor, total of 12xp.

why was that so hard guys
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Gibas wrote: »
    Actually, I don't slow level, but when I farm improved runes on challenge mode, I wait to have the keys to do it because you just get 5 exp instead of 10.

So, quoting you: "Basically it is a way of thinking of player XP as a cost", you just need to think of heroes' skills as a cost, and plan before purchasing it.

But hey, everyone plays the way they want, so I want to say sorry about saying that slow leveling was boring. On the other way, I still think that normal/fast leveling is more or as fun as slow leveling.

Have a great day.

Hmm, good points. I like to upgrade all skills on all dudes, which really is not necessary. That is a great tip on using keys to only get 5XP in challenge mode!
    I just do not think that I would be in the same place without slow level...and without spending a lot of cash. But like you said, however people wanna play is cool.
  • Slow levelling has been challenging and interesting and made the game pretty enjoyable despite all the jiggery pokery the devs have heaped on us. It allowed me to sit on a power curve where I could complete most things with a bit of thought, always had good pvp finishes, cleared tower every day no probs.

Now at lvl 65 i'm still in no hurry to join the whales. I still stop short of completing dungeons where my objective is to collect kills for quests.
    There is absolutely no rush, I feel i'm not missing out on anything by racing to the end game.

However, i give kudos to those going down that path now. It's gonna be a slog, because we had it so much easier for a long time - could easily farm Evos, decide whether we claim gold/purple chests etc.

Good luck! Keep us filled in on your progress.
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • jrellzjrellz Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm not sure if I'm still consider a slow leveler or just a pvp bot, but from my experience just being able to continue doing tower for 12 xp is enough. Also, (quick change of subject) @Warrrax your defense gave me cancer when your bd one shot my 5* zen lol
  • @jrellz lol sorry bro. :-) Runes just make her a freaking beast, with 50% crit and 2.5x multiplier it makes attacking with pretty much anything a dicey proposition.
  • jrellz wrote: »
    pvp bot

FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Slow leveling is dead.

I believe the tower gives 1xp per floor(it's not explicitly indicated). Complete the tower every day if possible. At least complete floor 3 for 25 gems.

Slow level is still very useful. I am level 36 now with 10+ 5 star Hero and 20+ 4 star Hero (and lots of them are close to 5 star).

Tower and PvP is a piece of cake for me. In general, I can finish the Tower in 30 min. In PvP, a lot of player can't harm my Astrid, even use their Hero's skill. My Astrid have buffed about 25% DEF with Rune, and her DEF is much higher than ATK of lots of people.

Basically, I only finish the Tower and 2 PvP (for Guild Crowns) in a day. Almost all of my token are come form Portal. Slow level is very useful, and can save lots of time....hmmm.... you don't have too many things can do anyway :'( .
  • I'm level 39 and have over 100k roster power and 60k trophies. Ive slow leveled since level 10. I play this game to be the very best I can be at my current level. Slow leveling allows this for me and to have a blast while doing it. I've spent about one level on getting runes for my PvP and PvE teams. I couldnt imagine beating my head against a wall trying to keep up with gold cost, placing decently in pvp, and xp potions to keep my guys leveled because I was in a hurry to level. By time I hit level 60, I should have most characters 6 starred, so I can easily get my epics. Slow leveling still exists and works. It just takes discipline and prioritization.

Anybody on the fence about slow leveling that reads this: Do it if you like to be ahead in the long run. It's tedious, but always rewarding. I've yet to not destroy the tower everyday since 28 and place first or second every single PvP tournament.
  • Kegman913Kegman913 Member
    edited October 2016
    bah, I wont go into it, but slow levelers feel the need to level everyone. There is no need to level half the characters as you progress. Goblin team, undead team and about 5 more characters. Done. Level the rest as you go. Getting to level 60 is the goal as you get to boss mode content and make 20,000 gold per 5 energy in boss mode.
  • The firs cap dont drop Epic chests? I never drop epic from first Cap
  • Kegman913 wrote: »
    bah, I wont go into it, but slow levelers feel the need to level everyone. There is no need to level half the characters as you progress. Goblin team, undead team and about 5 more characters. Done. Level the rest as you go. Getting to level 60 is the goal as you get to boss mode content and make 20,000 gold per 5 energy in boss mode.

That is true, there IS no real need to level everyone, or level all skills. However, I personally kind of like playing with a variety of heroes. I mean, isn't that the point of collecting them? It also ensures that you are well prepared for any event and if we were actually allowed to play the VH dungeons (which sometimes happens), its nice to have a readily available big pool of heroes to try out different strategies.

Of course the devs have slow leveling because it WORKS. And if it works, you don't need to spend phat kash on the game to do well. That is why they did things such as make chests unable to be retreated from, make you dump all your loot if you run, etc. In fairness to them, it does make sense... running away from a chest to avoid XP seems a bit wrong.
  • Devs hate slow levelers because they aren't spenders. All the recent changes are a clear message that they are trying to discourage this style of play.

I'm jealous at some of these stories above. It sounds fun to have an account that can take first in pvp effortlessly and curb stomp the tower in 30 minutes (although I can do that too). As a long time member of the pvp guild Viral, and a current member of the GGG5 champs, with over 140k trophies, I am embarrassed to say that I have never taken first place in pvp ever. Now that I am level 70 with all the whales, I don't see that happening.

Question to slow level accounts: do the current lower level pvp tournament also have superior rune components as rewards?
    zntCIcd.gif
  • AceyNBAceyNB Member
    edited October 2016
    echonap wrote: »
    Devs hate slow levelers because they aren't spenders. All the recent changes are a clear message that they are trying to discourage this style of play.

I'm jealous at some of these stories above. It sounds fun to have an account that can take first in pvp effortlessly and curb stomp the tower in 30 minutes (although I can do that too). As a long time member of the pvp guild Viral, and a current member of the GGG5 champs, with over 140k trophies, I am embarrassed to say that I have never taken first place in pvp ever. Now that I am level 70 with all the whales, I don't see that happening.

Question to slow level accounts: do the current lower level pvp tournament also have superior rune components as rewards?

Um no. I have 2 slow levelling accounts, a 28 and a 53, they are VIP 4 and 5 respectively. We do spend, often as much as everyone else.
    And yes, we get the same rewards as everyone else.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I'm level 46 with my once-alt. profile, which was begun to be 'slow/smart' and has kind of found me finding a way to balance the cost of xp for various rewards. Before that, I *raced* from 1-60. Then, they raised the level cap to 70. It took me as long to un-shell and star up that roster as it did to get to 60, and then some. This new profile does as well as I want it to in PVP and I not only finish the tower easily, but quickly and several times with all heroes alive.

Racing to the end is not rewarding if you're playing the game to accomplish anything other than getting through campaign dungeons. If you want to earn 210 crowns for your guild each week, you need to be able to do things like get through at least 10 floors of the tower and win multiple PVP attacks with all-yellow/purple/red/blue/green. You can tool on slow/smart leveling all you want, but it says more about you than it does about anybody else. Play the game however you like, but as one who's raced and also slowed down, the slow way is more rewarding and gives a much more balanced gameplaying experience.

(fwiw, I haven't paid one dime for this game)
  • AceyNB wrote: »
    Um no. I have 2 slow levelling accounts, a 28 and a 53, they are VIP 4 and 5 respectively. We do spend, often as much as everyone else.

What I meant was, slow leveling accounts have a huge advantage over normal accounts of the same level, so there is no need to spend to win pvp tournaments. Obviously, BF prefers if every tournament was competitive and the eventual winners spent real money to beat out second place for the coveted first place prizes.

zntCIcd.gif
  • echonap wrote: »
    AceyNB wrote: »

What I meant was, slow leveling accounts have a huge advantage over normal accounts of the same level, so there is no need to spend to win pvp tournaments. Obviously, BF prefers if every tournament was competitive and the eventual winners spent real money to beat out second place for the coveted first place prizes.

There is a need to spend, because even if you're not that great a few gems let you battle over and over, as seen by people with hundreds of attacks and tens of losses. I spend on average 900 gems per tournament on my 70, ~300 per tournament on my alt.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • echonap wrote: »

PvP tournies award medals of honor at level 46.
  • Silly question but what exactly is slow levelling? Im not fully understanding what it means and how it's applied to the game
  • @SoSlow2Move its just like ur name..taking advantage of what u can while in the low lvl so that u can achieve more
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”