Hero of the Week: Torchy

2»

Comments

• ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Rather than focusing on building a full-on beast team, my suggestion is building a team that has a good chance of beating a beast team.

Just gonna throw this out there, but my "experimental beast team" hasn't lost a raid attack since I started using it in force, last week. And it's fun to play, great fun! But once everyone starts swapping out rogues/warriors for beasts/beast warriors, then they will become the ones to beat. So, be smart and get in there first with a unique team and a new strategy, rather than following the pack!

Read character sheets, look for a difference that no one else is talking about, something you can focus on and believe in.

Torchy might be part of the solution. But you have to decide!
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Pretty sure Sir William is the base of an Anti Beast team. But hey three more openings. Apply within.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I had the option of ascending Torchy or Lupina tonight (weirdly getting 4 moonlight celestials these past two days in my token hunts, and zero bushidos in my celestial grinds)...after some deliberation, I've opted to fully ascend Lupina. Yeah, probably the wrong choice...Torchy will be imminently easier to star...but hey, what can I say.
    Well Lupina is awesome so... Yeah...
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• I think he's kindof weak to be honest but I do like his ascensions his recharge and that when he's stared he gets health but he's hard to star and hot coals I think is a lot worse than say playing with fire but still he's less squishy then nit and such so if anyone it's him I'm using and I get so many of his tokens in honor that I already have him three star but first I'm bringing up jabber then lupina he's last I ised to be obsessed with him actually I thought he was sooo good but he wasn't as good as I thought so I dumped him but I really never gave him some time so I could see what he's got
    HOT COALS IS AWESOME! I've used it in PVP once and the enemy didn't like that one bit. It's one of those attacks that you just hate seeing go off when you're on defense. Like polar pounding or playing with fire.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Lupine is a SHE
    In game level:41
    Shared hero:bovus el doro
    Favourite hero: bovus el doro.
    Chapter:16
    Yep. She gets the Valkyrie bonus and -ina part of her name is feminine. Lupina is the feminine version of lupin which means wolf.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    mycal wrote: »
    I had the option of ascending Torchy or Lupina tonight (weirdly getting 4 moonlight celestials these past two days in my token hunts, and zero bushidos in my celestial grinds)...after some deliberation, I've opted to fully ascend Lupina. Yeah, probably the wrong choice...Torchy will be imminently easier to star...but hey, what can I say.

Update: after a rather successful day in honor summons, Torchy is now fully ascended. Beware the bat out of hell !!
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• ????
    What's that supposed to mean
    In game level:41
    Shared hero:bovus el doro
    Favourite hero: bovus el doro.
    Chapter:16
  • Ya I'm trying to get the team itchy has sept I'll put tsume in that team
  • EosEos Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    DEF an ATLA fan.. this would've worked much better though giphy.gif

0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    IGN: Dudum
    Champion: Dhaegon Stonecrusher 6* [60]
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
    When I'm fresh out of stamina sometimes I get a little snippy...Apologies.
  • EyksEyks Member
    edited September 2015
    Oh no! Looks like I'm a whole month late to the Torchy party. Too bad I wasn't playing a month ago. Torchy is the best hero, bar none. #TorchLife

I was going to make a Torchy appreciation thread, but that's basically what this is. So while I'm here, can we all just take a moment to bask in the awesomeness of everyone's favorite non-space marine firebat?

♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪ Cheers, Torchy!

Uh-oh… if this keeps up, I'm going to be known as That Guy That Won't Shut Up About the Stupid Bat. Eh, I can probably live with it.
    Eos wrote: »
    DEF an ATLA fan.. this would've worked much better though]

I wholeheartedly disagree. The manic laughter is what makes it great.
    All hail the great, the mighty, the adorable Torchy!
    My Hero Progression: Spreadsheet on Google Docs
    (Spreadsheet shamelessly copied from @MickeNorsk and altered slightly for my own purposes. Thanks for making a great spreadsheet!)
    Player Rank: 41
    Shared Hero: Torchy ☆☆☆ (It's a personal statement, really.)
  • i really like Mangle. i had him from the begining of the game and is one of my top heros.
  • Mangle Jaw is pretty cool too. I might just be a sucker for the beast-types, now that I think about it. From my experiences so far, Mangle Jaw seems to be better than Torchy overall, but Torchy gives better buffs to a dedicated Beast team.

I've been having success with Torchy, Mangle Jaw, Jabber Clenchjaw, and Stone Fist in the campaign, but I've been struggling to get Torchy to work in the arena. He is an excellent counter to Willow at least, since he can OHKO her with Bat Out of Hell after immediately after she moves.
    (Spreadsheet shamelessly copied from @MickeNorsk and altered slightly for my own purposes. Thanks for making a great spreadsheet!)
  • EyksEyks Member
    edited September 2015
    Sorry for the psuedo-double post, but I wrote up an in-depth analysis on Torchy and his use in the campaign and raids. Check it out!
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/1584/torchy-analysis-strategy?new=1
  • Would like to know if after second Ascension torchy gets shifty 2 trying to make a list of all heroes with good traits like fast shifty and impervious
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I don't understand what makes Torchy more special than the other bats. Clearly he's stronger, but why?

What tragic backstory does Torchy withhold from us?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • chris666 wrote: »
    Would like to know if after second Ascension torchy gets shifty 2 trying to make a list of all heroes with good traits like fast shifty and impervious

No, he has only Shifty 1
    IGN Mohinder
    Player Lvl 64
    Favorite Hero: Torchy
    Shared Hero: Therand
    Guild: The Potato Army
  • hey mo
    l4Ho0K1RYjomMxwbu.gif

• torchy is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in pvp offense, I always win because of lock jaw
  • I have a guide on torchy on twitch now.
    Head over to rune section of forums to find a link.

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited January 7
    Wow. August 2015?

Talk about 5 star Legendary Superior necro post.

How far back does the forum go?
  • Lol that's about it tbh.
    I read alot of 2015 posts. Games only that old.

• wait... is mange jaw good???
2»