Rune Theorycrafting - Attack, Damage %, Crit and Skill

2»

Comments

• Does the skill stat incress effects like burn and poison

+dmg does but I haven't tested if skill does. DB is supposed to be letting us know what skill does but it's been 4 months and no word yet.
  • PapaRocPapaRoc Member
    Bump.

Sorry for the necro, but I'm a returning player from last summer. Do these numbers still stand? I've been trying to figure the differences between runes aND this has been the most helpful information I've found.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    PapaRoc wrote: »
    Bump.

Sorry for the necro, but I'm a returning player from last summer. Do these numbers still stand? I've been trying to figure the differences between runes aND this has been the most helpful information I've found.

They have been talking about changing the damage formulae but to my knowledge they haven't done so yet. So, I think generally the information is still valid. However, with respect to the value of Damage %, that information is a bit out of date since the advent of high damage reduction setups. For example, if you face an opponent with 100% effective damage reduction in PvP, it doesn't matter how high your attack rating is, you will still do zero damage. So in these cases, Damage % runes are more effective since you can reduce the enemy DR to below 100%, thereby allowing you to do some damage. I would say other than the high DR scenarios, the information is still generally valid, although I would probably need to think through a bit more before saying this conclusively.

Welcome back!
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    I think Skill now affects damage from Burn/Poison as well as things like Surf's Up. Damage-wise, Attack always has been (and probably always will be) the best by far.
2»