Chapter 1: Blood and Honor
Chapter 2: Fire of the Third
Chapter 3: The First Fallen
Chapter 4: Purpose
Chapter 5: Cold
Chapter 6: Different Night
Chapter 7: The Calm

Chapter 8: Duty

During the Celestial Age of the Divine Realm, before the birth of men and magic, there existed a perfect balance between the two governing forces of the universe as we know it- One. This balance, however, was not eternal. A great war between two brothers, Granas the Light Sovereign and Eos the Dark, destroyed this balance in what would be called the Great Divide. When the Divide happened, both Granas and Eos were swallowed by the resulting void, Chaos.

With their fathers dead, Emile and Exos ascended from their Celestial bodies as the new Sovereigns. Upon ascension, the new Sovereigns rallied the remaining Celestials to defend their Realm. Their efforts to stop Chaos merely hindered its advance. Faced with impending annihilation, Emile and Exos realized that the only way to contain Chaos was to undo the Divide that created it. They needed to revive One, and to do that, they needed to restore balance.

The new Sovereigns fused their ascended bodies, serving as a temporary One. With its presence, Chaos was forced to returned to the void and the Great Divide was sealed. Emile and Exos, unable to maintain their One form, split up and returned to their bodies. Emile used what remained of her powers to restore the broken light. Unlike her, Exos was unable to restore his domain with his powers alone as it had suffered greater losses. He released his ascended self to mend his shattered domain and fell into eternal sleep. Seeing her cousin's life force fade away, Emile surrendered her sovereignty and Divine powers to save him.

We humans claim ancestry to Emile the Creator and Exos the Dreamer, for when they descended from their Celestial selves, they became the first mortals. It is said that during his slumber, Exos dreamed up our world. Everything from the tallest peaks of the mountains to the deepest depths of the oceans, from magical flying beasts that soared through the sky to the ancient treants who crawled through the forests, everything we know was designed after his vision. Some claim that our world itself only exists in Exos' dream, while most believe that Emile took her cousin's dream and turned it into a reality. However, she was unable to populate this reality with her own powers and so she created Sephiros, the Tree of Life.

Sephiros lies between the forest, the ocean, and the mountains, absorbing energy from the Divine Realm and redistributing it into the new world. Treants sprouted from Sephiros' seeds, dragons rose from the mountains' ashen flames, and giant sea creatures emerged from the once calm oceans' depths. Emile witnessed Exos' beautiful dream world come to life and wanted to preserve its longevity . To do so, she established balance in the new world by using Sephiros' life force to create Sulfurious and Leviathan. She appointed Sulfurious the governor of the mountains and Leviathan that of the oceans. With a perfect balance between fire, water, and nature, Emile considered the new world complete.

Before she joined Exos in eternal sleep, Emile named the new world Creos, the creation of Exos' vision.

Our fathers and mothers told us these stories, tales of our ancestry. These stories ran so deep within Crean history that it was not uncommon for parents to name their kids after the First Mortals. Emily and her brother were no exception, but Emily was different. When I met her, I was convinced that I was in the presence of the Emile the Creator herself.

They say love is duty's cruel mistress, and as the years passed, I found this to be true. Year by year, Emily grew prettier and prettier. I found myself unable to control my gaze in her presence as I began to realize how deeply I had fallen for her. Even today, I still love her, but my heartbeat no longer speeds up in her presence. These days, my heart tightens up, squeezing the life force from by body. Knowing that her heart wasn't mine in the first place was fine, knowing that it would never be, was an unbearable feeling- so I killed it.

For I, a servant of the Light, need not have useless feelings, only duty.

-Alexandros
Post edited by Haneul on

Comments

• meowstaa_meowstaa_ Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Keep up the support guys! This is awesome.
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Shared Hero: Ippy
  • I WAS WAITING FOR THIS. YAAS!

No offence dude but this is starting to become similar to WoW lore.
  • @Ssibal Keep up the great work, hopefully they bring in some of your ideas in the new chapters to come. Can't wait to read more :)
    rtcu5k6ospad.png
    In game Level 61
    Shared Hero: Level 60 5 star Rocky the Shitake
  • Milohunter wrote: »
    I WAS WAITING FOR THIS. YAAS!

No offence dude but this is starting to become similar to WoW lore.

Really? I was following a GoT narrative style tbh. I've never played WoW before.
  • Good work..but I can't help it...

x9q83in5lcsq.jpg

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • @Ssibal any more coming, I really enjoy reading these
    rtcu5k6ospad.png
    In game Level 61
  • MrJones01 wrote: »
    @Ssibal any more coming, I really enjoy reading these

Yep! I've been really busy with work lately but with thanksgiving break this week I'll have time to wrap this set up!
  • Wrap up :( thought it would be on going. You've done great work so far, can't wait to read the rest
    rtcu5k6ospad.png
    In game Level 61
  • This is a 10 chapter arc/side story.

I plan on makin the next ones all link somehow but following different characters and different events.
  • Sweet, that will be awesome :smiley:
    rtcu5k6ospad.png
    In game Level 61
  • This is better than mine. Compared to you, I suck

Heroes I want-Indigo, Overlord

Other Games I play-Plants VS Zombies 2, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokémon Rumble World

Nintendo ID-Nabbitster (If want to friend me on Wii U)

Favourite Heroes-Jabber, Kira, Augustus
  • @TakedaSpore76 , at least you're doing something some of us don't have the talent for that type of writing
    rtcu5k6ospad.png
    In game Level 61
  • Thanks, you do have a point...

Heroes I want-Indigo, Overlord

Other Games I play-Plants VS Zombies 2, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokémon Rumble World

Nintendo ID-Nabbitster (If want to friend me on Wii U)

Favourite Heroes-Jabber, Kira, Augustus
  • So why was this series discontinued?