Introduction
Chapter 1: Protecting Your Gold
Chapter 2: Baiting Your Foes
Epilogue
TL;DR

~~~~~~~~~~

Preface

Dearest Reader,

In case you didn't notice, I split up the thread into a booklike format because it is too long, but I would be thrilled if you read all of it. I hope you find the answers to all your PvP questions here, and enjoy reading the guide!

Your friend,
Mr. Cats

~~~~~~~~~~
My Defense
Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
Level 23 23 23 23
Star 5 3 2 4
Ascension 1 2 2 1
My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
Flyingpizzacats

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Chapter 3

g1v63xvstnwo.jpg

Building Your Team

How are you supposed to know which heroes to pick? If they all have a role, then who do I choose? The answer is choosing the counter to whatever is popular on defense, which may end up changing in the future, once enough people figure out how to beat these defenses, certain heroes get tweaked, or new heroes are introduced. To know what is popular on defense, all you must do is PvP long enough to find out or look around on the forum. For example, the popular defenses now consist of 3 main combinations, or variations of the 3. All of them will take some luck to successfully beat, but in this PvP meta, where defense has the upper hand, there is not nearly as many "guaranteed wins." These combinations are discussed in Chapter 4. A strategy that you could have in choosing which heroes to upgrade for PvP could be to pick the heroes that belong to these counter teams. There are many ways to counter most teams, which especially helps at lower levels when not everybody has access to these 3 combinations. Because of this advantage at a lower level, another strategy for PvP could be to stay low level and focus on PvP and stocking up on gold, scrolls, gems, and evos. This can be done by completing daily quests which do not give player xp. Do not accept the reward if it gives player xp. Also, you do not have to let your stamina go to waste, because you can retreat from the dungeons you run and still get honor scrolls from friend summons, any evos you find along the way, and the gold received from killing monsters and clicking shiny objects. Due to the +2 xp of raids, it can't be done indefinitely, but you will be able to hold off levelling much longer doing these things. If you want to level slower than normal, but you still want tokens, a strategy could involve only retreating when it is a wooden chest and not accepting quest rewards granting xp. You will be able to have more fully upgraded heroes if you do this, and you will end up having more ascensions for your level, and you can even max some characters at a very low level from honor summons.

~~~~~
    Post edited by flyingpizzacats on
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• edited November 2015
    Part 2:

91ev35kyc9k3.jpg

Introduction

We are in the Golden Age of defense. And I mean actually golden, because your chest is full of gold that wasn't stolen. Defense became much easier and if you choose the strongest defense you possibly can, even if your stars and ascensions for your level are average, you probably won't get attacked much (except at a very high level when people attack solid defenses for fun). This part will be much shorter, but there is still some level of strategy that should be involved when picking your defense.

~~~~~
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• This is sweet appreciate the hard work very informative

It'll be very helpful for a lot of people
    Good job
  • Nice work! Hope to see more of these.
  • great work mate.

greets
    You can be a King or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper.
  • wow I just saw the next guru coming. Well done Mr. Cat!
  • Wow what a great effort well done. Vote for sticky. Mayb u can add a section about leveling slower to help star up for better pvp success. Just a suggestion but really good guide.
  • Wow and I thought I was thorough. Adding this to navigating the forums.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • Love it
    #TeamTater
    Recommended change: Give Tsume an afro!
    knjplof08e1h.png
  • awesome awesome write up!
    Slingin' Fries since Dec 2015
    The Potato Army
    DB_Sig_Potato_kaildaka_zpsscmimvi1.png
  • Thanks for the positive reviews everyone, I really appreciate it :) and @hugwable thanks for the suggestion! I can add that to Part 1 Chapter 3, since that is where it would seem to fit
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• Great job, must have been a lot of work!
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Shared Hero: Ippy
  • Excellent! Thank you @flyingpizzacats. Really glad this is stickied but have it bookmarked also.
  • Outstanding!
  • Not sure whether to applaud FOC for his fine work, or curse him for making my raiding more difficult.
  • @meowstaa_ yes :D
    @Niseiku bookmarked? :') that's awesome :) glad you found it useful
    @HaxusBloodbane thanks for the support and getting it stickied :) means a lot to me
    @PWN-Star whoops, spilled the beans didn't I :p at least you can find some strategies to beat those combos in this nifty guide ;)
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• Excellent !!!!!
    So_B_Dark_Ifrit.jpg
  • Wow awesome job man!
  • edited November 2015
    - Samurai Takumi: Can't miss, Can chill after stampede to stop enemy skills (unconfirmed)

That's a definite. If he hits you. Chill stops heroes gaining energy. After stampede, all heroes have a -1 on energy. Then takumi comes in for the chill. Make sure stampede happens first though. ;)
    tumblr_o5z8yzeXUh1v4z7sko1_500.png
    Favorites: Julius, Nitpick, Icepick and Squinch
    Working on Stars for Lupina and Leonidus
    Medium Term Target: Dhaegon
  • I know it works on defense @D3athWish but did you test it on offense? I know it sounds like it should work but I read that it didn't for someone.
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• My Bovus doesn't usually survive the first round of AOE for me to try. I'll give it another go when I think Bovus will come out of round 1 ok.
    tumblr_o5z8yzeXUh1v4z7sko1_500.png
    Favorites: Julius, Nitpick, Icepick and Squinch
    Working on Stars for Lupina and Leonidus
    Medium Term Target: Dhaegon