The Ultimate Guide to PvP

Comments

• @flyingpizzacats I just found out that you cannot crit vs. an enemy you are weak to. Easiest way to test is willow sniper shot wont crit on fire - the numbers are grey. Props to @Dingus for that awesome tid bit. I have not explored it too much in pvp for sake of losses but will keep an eye out to confirm. I confirmed light can crit light but have not see a light crit dark yet. Suspecting they do bonus dmg but not crit.
  • @BlueMagnus Yep that's exactly how it works :) can't crit who you're weak to
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• What about phenol ? Would poison/taunt/life prove useful in pvp ? I mean in offense because in defense he would be destroyed by everybody's nim.
  • @Styxus yes he can be a good tank on offense for when you need a slower team to outlast the enemy, but yeah, any Nim is bad news for phenol
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• @flyingpizzacats we're in the same tourney! First time I recognize someone from the forum. I'm pretty jelly that you're in top 10 with only 8 battles. I had a sweet bait D before the update, but haven't found the right combo yet.
  • Wow, this guide was really helpful. Good job!
  • @dinglebear lol. I haven't played much today or yesterday so I'll only have 13 battles by end of tournament and top 5 :p my bait team has been pretty pro this tourney
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• @flyingpizzacats I'm curious to see what heroes you defend w/ but I understand it's a trade secret. I'm more curious to see what your top heroes are since we're both45
  • @dinglebear trade secret? Nah lol. I give away my "secrets" all the time. When it becomes popular I just do something new. My heroes and defense. Got kinda out of order but whatever lol
    6uipzp1kk7dp.jpg
    uzd102upxipt.jpg
    9dz10o1zii5o.jpg
    moyi3xjr6ke3.jpg
    5j32cdoqt1kn.jpg
    9xjfx6b5l68i.jpg
    6bda90vbgnmn.jpg
    baioezdfklmu.jpg
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• You don't even use IGO lol. And that balog thou, didn't u tell me you spended a lot of gems for him?
    When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the potato master.
  • edited December 2015
    @CornamentoO_O well I didn't spend all my gems on him. I just used a lot of gems when he was featured in the portal. At least having him maxed kept him out of the portal lol. Oh well. And as for Igorok, he is too expensive to star and I have better uses for Evos than on a 3 star hero that I'll need money to get up further. Bovus is the only hero in okay with using at 3*
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• @dinglebear lol. I haven't played much today or yesterday so I'll only have 13 battles by end of tournament and top 5 :p my bait team has been pretty pro this tourney

@dinglebear I was in that same bracket myself. I was pretty jealous watching @flyingpizzacats float near the top the entire tournament from all those defensive wins. I asked about it earlier, switched up my team to a bait defense and rattled off 7 wins in a row. I was pretty skeptical about the whole idea until today.

Biggest difference to me was the one loss near the end of the tournament only knocked me down 4 trophies instead of 20+. Managed to win this tournament while only spending 20 gems. Of course it was a phantom loss so I couldn't even see what happened.
  • @flyingpizzacats thanks and sick
    List. What level did you start to slow XP?

@theKO I guess I gotta try 3 hero D. Think it might be tough w/ no heroic summon heroes. How do you spend 20 gems? Doesn't it take 25 for a refresh?
  • @dinglebear I started at level 15, and thanks :)

Also I think you can pull it off without heroic summon, just a few less combinations that work well. And for ViP, it only takes 20 gems to refresh
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• Does the rate to get more raids with gems increase or only the refresh rate with gold?
  • Whenever I pvp, my maxed out lvl 25 Willow Swift never goes first, usually the opposing team's lower level Willow Swift goes first. Can someone please explain to me why this is? Besides this, your guide has really made me into a better player.
  • Defense always goes first - so if you both have fast heros (willows) they will always get to go first. Works same for normal and slow (defense always goes first)
  • Whenever I pvp, my maxed out lvl 25 Willow Swift never goes first, usually the opposing team's lower level Willow Swift goes first. Can someone please explain to me why this is? Besides this, your guide has really made me into a better player.
    Level doesn't affect who goes first instead there is set turns, a level 1 willow on defense would go before a level 60 willow on offense. Defenses first hero goes first, then your first then their second then your second and so on, this is changed by slow or fast heros though and the same principle applies except the fast heros always go before the normal and the normal always before the slow, so if you attack with all normal heros and the defense is all fast heros all of their heros will go before your first hero, as they are fast. It's a little complicated but it doesn't take long to get your head around it.
    IGN: Jjbxtch

Turns are divided into fast, normal and slow speed. First round is fast. Defense in pvp always goes first. Defense plays its first fast hero in line. If the offense has any fast players, then the offense gets to move next.

If the defense has no fast heroes, then all the offense's fast heroes move before the first normal defensive hero gets to move. If the fast heroes kill the defense's first-in-line normal hero, then the offense's first normal hero gets first move in the normal speed round.
  • Black Diamond + Masuta Kira + Willow Swift + Archangel Emily = Win almost every case, no matter the d# is.
  • Would wager willow yoko bovus and tsume would win
  • How does the cooldown work for pvp? Sometimes my CDs are up in a match and then sometimes all my CDs are well on cool down.. What determines this?!?!
  • Cooldowns are standard. You learn over time. Bovus can reduce your cooldowns by 1 energy, so watch out. He might be using stampede on you.
  • I did figure it out haha cause it only happened when I fought against a bovus :p
    But now I use that to my advantage ^^v
  • Thank you for the tips!
  • No offense but this guide reminds of every disappointing guide I've ever read on gaming. Always written with hi level strategy for players who already have mastered the system (they don't read guides anyway). Nothing about the all important mechanics. Like how do the raid slots (1,2,3,4) work? Why do I start a raid with some abilities in cooldown?
  • The guide is dated and no longer up to date.
  • I can tell so much effort went into this guide, very informative great job!
    tumblr_o0jsfgXckK1s5nlk4o4_r1_250.gif
  • feardiadh wrote: »
    No offense but this guide reminds of every disappointing guide I've ever read on gaming. Always written with hi level strategy for players who already have mastered the system (they don't read guides anyway). Nothing about the all important mechanics. Like how do the raid slots (1,2,3,4) work? Why do I start a raid with some abilities in cooldown?

MOst up to date onne is How to dismantle ant pvp defense, It still is relevant.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• If its bait teams that some of you are looking at when you are on defense, Try Life Reaper Brom[2], King Yorick[1] & Lord Zomm[3]. "some" teams will have a hard time trying to knock them out.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png