Stuck on Refection Halls / How do I beat Kang Kung

EosEos Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited August 2015 in Main Campaign Discussion
To put it lightly I am getting murdered on this level. I am level 17. All my heroes are maxed. I've tried every combination and I still can't beat it. Someone suggested I use Yasmin Bloom, Stone Fist and Willow Swift . Even with rejuvenation and revives. I can't get enough DPS in before the boss is down. I don't know what else to do. How much further do I need to farm before I can put a serious hurt on that boss? Do I keep PVP'ing until new hero comes in as a daily reward? Seriously, please help me.
0ci3qm92nk2y.png
#TeamTaterTakeTheTown
IGN: Dudum
Champion: Dhaegon Stonecrusher 6* [60]
Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
Hero Cards
When I'm fresh out of stamina sometimes I get a little snippy...Apologies.
Post edited by Eos on

Comments

• meowstaa_meowstaa_ Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Rephrase the title, "How do I beat kang kung?"
    Take out spikes, taunt with stonefist, bring energy/revive potions
    If still can't beat it level up and star your heroes.
    Don't remember what I used but shouldn't be too difficult if you stock up on revives.
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Shared Hero: Ippy
  • You could try getting some of the early heroes to 2 stars. The first few chapters have Willow, Stone and Rogar tokens easily available.
    • Level: 61
    • I will be less active from now on, gotta study.
    • Torchy is and always will be the best healer in the game.
    • I am always lurking.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Rogar, Willow, and Stonefist. Really that's the most basic and reliable combo you can possibly make. Rogar can clear up the debris. Stonefist can taunt, Willow is Damage Output.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• EosEos Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2015
    meowstaa_ wrote: »
    Rephrase the title, "How do I beat kang kung?"
    Take out spikes, taunt with stonefist, bring energy/revive potions
    If still can't beat it level up and star your heroes.
    Don't remember what I used but shouldn't be too difficult if you stock up on revives.
    Done. 2/3 already have at least 2 stars (also just searched the forums. How do you get more stars?) I've got at least 10 pots I can only use 3 during a round and still no dice.
    You could try getting some of the early heroes to 2 stars. The first few chapters have Willow, Stone and Rogar tokens easily available.
    Alright a bit more info seems I'm going to have to farm a bit more but how exactly do you get more stars?
    Rogar, Willow, and Stonefist. Really that's the most basic and reliable combo you can possibly make. Rogar can clear up the debris. Stonefist can taunt, Willow is Damage Output.
    Umm what level heroes are you referring to? At 17 I'm dead in oh.. 3 turns or so.

What level heroes are you all referring to cause it sounds like you've grinded a bit further than level 17. If anyone could clarify I'd be ever so grateful. Still stuck :(
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
  • You can increase a hero's number of stars by collecting tokens for them. It takes 20 tokens to get to 2 stars, 70 for 3, 100 for 4 and 150 for 5 stars. Each star is a 12.5% stat increase. All 7 of the levels that give Willow tokens are before Kang Kung, so you can collect at least 7 tokens for Willow every day if you are dedicated to increasing her stars. Also, ascend all your heroes once if you haven't already. It gives them a second ability as well as around 8% increased stats and could very well be what you are lacking in order to win.
    • Level: 61
    • I will be less active from now on, gotta study.
    • Torchy is and always will be the best healer in the game.
    • I am always lurking.
    I see that I can select the areas where the tokens are most likely to drop, is there any guarantee or higher drop rate depending on how how the level is or is it all completely random? (If that doesn't make sense I promise I will try and reword it in a later reply I've been up for awhile things are getting weird here, my apologies)
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • Eos this is how I (somehow) beat him. I used Yokozuna as a tank (not stone as a taunted) nubnub a a healer and willow as a nature hero. Destroy the icicle than the stone when he does tantrum save sner shot for tantrum and make stone (if you used him) do taunt. Stone needs frequent heals so do that. If your using yoko use sumo stomp to raise defence. Just keep attacking him and destroying the tantrum objects if he uses bad breath it's poison no need to worry use heal immediately frost fume breath freezes but yoko will resist and stonefist is immune
    In game level:41
    Shared hero:bovus el doro
    Favourite hero: bovus el doro.
    Chapter:16
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Eos, this question has come up so frequently, that I made a video showing one method of beating the level with basic heroes. Just google "how to beat kang kung" and the video link should appear.

HTH.
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
    Yeah a picture (or in this case video) is worth a thousand words. I somehow everyone saying "destroy the icicle" made me thinking both were it and causing me the constant fail. Any thank you so much. Definitely worth the view.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
    @Eos I was level 18. I think that all three were 2 star and ascended once (Which isn't a hard thing to accomplish.). Your main focus should be keeping Rogar alive to the end so instead of bringing revive potions I suggest HP potions.
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Eos, are you clear now on how to increase the star rating for your heroes??
    Weren't you oblivious to that element prior to reflection halls @mycal?
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Indeed I was....and playing serious catch-up now. I vow to give you serious competition in this full hero upgrade/ascension.
    @mycal I'm good. We're going to be kicking @HaxusBloodbane heroes lickety split. (did I really just.... smh)
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
    It's harder than you think to play as I do.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

Challenge accepted.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • Just defeated it using a lvl 15 willow ascended once
    A lvl 15 stone fist ascended once and a lvl 15 chief nubnub only one healing potion used
    Stone fist taunt and nubs group heal/buff was insane
  • I had a lot of trouble getting to the boss of this stage. By focusing on destroying the icicle first and preventing the AOE I was able to sneak by with all my lvl 18s fully leveled but no new stars : Executor, Willow, Stonefist, Yasmin
    In Game LvL 46
    Shared Hero : Therand Fiddlestrom
    "Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell them, 'Certainly I can!' then get busy and figure out how to do it" - Theodore Roosevelt 26th President of the United States
  • To beat Many Kung use stone fist Yasmin and Willow everytime a bicycle falls destroy It and bring three revival potions.
  • null
    I hate those pesky bicycles
    Level 70 - IGN - Metafrey

• First of all.. It tells you level 18 is recommended.. Just level up and get your heros up. Goodluck
  • I found a way to beat him when you are still lvl 10, Get the champion Zen and bring some health potions to be just sure. Zen basic attacks gives him an aegis shield which will absorb the next attack of the boss, and his abbilitie willl make him invisible so you will dodge another attack of the boss which means the boss can't damage you except if he crits. Only thing is the fight will take very long beceause of the low dps.
  • edited September 19
    Dude spam with shade and spam taunt with stonefist easy win

In all seriousness, use a strong damage dealer such as a caster (avoid using ignus or any fire caster, they will die on the first room). A good tank such as stonefist since he is immune to all debuffs and can be healed normally. That being said, a good healer is necessary if you want to survive and Chief NubNub fits perfectly in this situation. The remaining slot can be anyone you think can either kill the boss easier or make team survive longer.
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • It has been two years since this thread was made. I would hope eos has beaten Kang Kung by now.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • honestly after having nightmares about him and vietnam flashbacks, i want back on a new account

beat it in one try mostly with the help of a runed phenol:)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    At your level you can only use 3 heroes right?

I liked using Bovus/Jabber/NubNub.

If you still struggle with that team just take some lesser runes, level them up, and plop them on those heroes. At your level all you really need are high Attack and Defense stats.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Eos wrote: »
    To put it lightly I am getting murdered on this level. I am level 17. All my heroes are maxed. I've tried every combination and I still can't beat it. Someone suggested I use Yasmin Bloom, Stone Fist and Willow Swift . Even with rejuvenation and revives. I can't get enough DPS in before the boss is down. I don't know what else to do. How much further do I need to farm before I can put a serious hurt on that boss? Do I keep PVP'ing until new hero comes in as a daily reward? Seriously, please help me.

arn't you level 70 with maxed out heroes

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
    Bow to the god of Kung Pao Chikken or have your dungeon raided
  • Yes but not when this thread was created back in prehistoric times.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!