Epic Weapon Idea - Executum

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited January 14 in Community Creations
Blade of Despair - Executum's Epic

rexnpve57c58.png

The steel itself seems to hum a dark chant from time to time... Perhaps, it's calling for the names of its targets.

+25% Hp
+25% Def
+10% Damage Reduction

Effect:
Chance to deal x4 damage and apply Despair* to the target.

Epic materials for this weapon:
- Cursed Steel
- Soul Gem

*Despair: Increases damage done to the enemy and chance for enemy to flee when under 20% health. Also lowers Attack, Crit, and healing.
(Wounded is essentially Nerve Damage + Poison, Despair is Fear + Disease)
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics
Post edited by JackHallow666 on

Comments

• That is such a cool epic! The effects work with executum as well!
    Photo courtesy of Jackhallow666.

Favorite heroes:Overlord Executum, Samurai Takumi, Hansuke Undying, and Augustus.
  • This epic is very...edgey. And cool!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • That is a weapon from terraria, this is the Night's Edge

i0tl07vvhqmg.jpg

jg2nvhx3ow9e.png

IGN: deadfish3888
    Guild: LPC
    Power: 43085
    Dungeons completed: 484
    Dungeon Boss Discord Server!!!
    https://discord.gg/VAtc6G2
    JOIN!!!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    That is a weapon from terraria, this is the Night's Edge

i0tl07vvhqmg.jpg

I know. Night's Edge is a really general dark name though, I'm sure there's a "Night's Edge" in at least 50 games.
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited October 2016
    That is cool @JackHallow666, I always had thoughts about Executum's Epic doing X3 damage & Debilitating the target for a few turns since his void blade attack is like a signature ability.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png
    That is cool @JackHallow666, I always had thoughts about Executum's Epic doing X3 damage & Debilitating the target for a few turns since his void blade attack is like a signature ability.

That's exactly why I didn't go with debilitate, actually! It would make his Void Blade seem less unique.
  • That is cool @JackHallow666, I always had thoughts about Executum's Epic doing X3 damage & Debilitating the target for a few turns since his void blade attack is like a signature ability.

That's exactly why I didn't go with debilitate, actually! It would make his Void Blade seem less unique.

Thats one way of looking at it, but after careful thinking, Epics have always had a unique twist, Which is why because Overlord Executum is great as an Undead tank, his Epic should actually do about X3.50 Extra damage & lower the opponents attack, making his tankiness more effective in a way.
    &#9760Hail Synchronicity, For we shall march on, "Forward Together", for we are like family!
    yik0077dp16y.png

Thats one way of looking at it, but after careful thinking, Epics have always had a unique twist, Which is why because Overlord Executum is great as an Undead tank, his Epic should actually do about X3.50 Extra damage & lower the opponents attack, making his tankiness more effective in a way.

I do appreciate all this feedback! I will change the damage multiplier to 3.5, but I'm keeping Disease. The reason being, he heals more on an Undead team when dealing damage to Diseased enemies due to Scourge. It also would help his other undead allies lifesteal more as well.
  • edited October 2016
    Why not call it the Blade of Despair?
    jg2nvhx3ow9e.png

IGN: deadfish3888
    Guild: LPC
    Power: 43085
    Dungeons completed: 484
    Dungeon Boss Discord Server!!!
    https://discord.gg/VAtc6G2
    JOIN!!!
    Why not call it the Blade of Despair?

That's a much better name actually :U
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited November 2016
    Leave the idea for what it is on the damage multiplier, but one could replace the chance to add Disease with a chance to add Marked for Death, similar to the attack used by Knight Creeper Immortal in the Lair of the Lich.

Sineltaneously Disease & Mark for Death = even more Extra healing when Brom lands a hit with Team Leech.
    Post edited by Apocalyptus on
    yik0077dp16y.png
  • Leave the idea for what it is on the damage multiplier, but one could replace the chance to add Disease with a chance to add Marked for Death, similar to the attack used by Knight Creeper Immortal in the Lair of the Lich.

Sineltaneously Disease & Mark for Death = even more Extra healing when Brom lands a hit with Team Leech.

i do think that a status effect like that should be added, but i disagree with him being able to use Marked for Death, even if it's a low chance. there's a reason only Yorick can mark for Death.
    a suggestion for such a status effect can be lowering the target's and boosting Executum's DEF, or something like Ignus's Heist. i don't know how powerful that would be, but to me it seems fair.
    How's this new debuff sound?
  • @JackHallow666 another awesome build jack well done by the way what was The original name?
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • My biggest complaint about OE is he's an extremely squishy tank -- akin to sounding the death bell if you use his taunt on Boss Island --

I'd like to see his epic reinforce his tank option:

30% HP
    20% Def
    10% Dmg Reduction

Chance on hit 2-4x dmg: Grants 40% damage reduction and diseases all targets.

Now you have him tanking + spreading disease to further reduce the enemies ability to do damage to him.

@CPUyellowHeart Totally forgot lol.

@kalamadea That's... actually not a bad idea. I'll change the stats.
  • How's this new debuff sound?

Despair sounds very interesting, and seems more more balanced. i guess it's kinda like if Debilitate and Fear had a baby, even though it's more like Disease and Fear.
    now that i think about it... it might be an idea to give Executum a boost to Undead Scourge or something that gives him Diseasing Touch II or something.
  • YAYYYYYY I LOVE EXECUTUM
    Photo courtesy of Jackhallow666.

Favorite heroes:Overlord Executum, Samurai Takumi, Hansuke Undying, and Augustus.
  • Take away the HP and add ATK cuz he falls behind the other undeads when they're all at 6 stars.