Zombi's Tower of Pwnage - Vid 1, Speed Team!

Hi all,

I've started a series on the Tower of Pwnage, starting with a team of fast heroes that fly me straight to the top each time.

I'll be adding more of these in the coming weeks, as well as more PVP and general other DB stuff, so keep an eye on my channel :)
Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
Level Capped Spotlight
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Page

In Dungeon Boss, the bar for leadership is 500 gems, nothing more.
"im nog suppries abort that antonia." [sic] - aNxem0n

Comments

• Thanks for posting this Zombi. I especially appreciate you taking the time to show off your runes. Should you decide to make a video explaining runes you use and why you use those types, I would certainly watch it.
  • Funny you should mention that, as Starskream and I are currently working on a collaboration that does exactly that. Watch this space... :D
    Want to join Level Capped? | Line ID: ZOMBI.33 | Email: guildlevelcapped@gmail.com
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• Yep, another great video. Thanks again Z!

And very much looking forward to seeing the rune video. I presume the +% pvp etc suffixes are random on crafted runes?

Also, how did you go about levelling up Ember? Did you target specific maxed heroes that gave the highest aether? Or did the aether just pile up through day to day play?

Many thanks again,
    BV
  • ZombiZombi Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah the bonus abilities on the runes appear at random for heroic and legendary tier runes.

As for Ember, I just farmed high value hero tokens as part of a daily routine (OCD-style), and they just built up over time, allowing me to 6* Ember and Aria. The other thing that helped are the free heroic summons we get weekly for grabbing joint first place, plus spamming the honour portal.
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• WarrraxWarrrax Member
    edited October 2016
    I was a bit surprised to see so much crit on MK. I almost always use him in conjunction with black diamond who shares her big +15% crit chance.. AND her 15% skill also effectively raises crit even further for all allies.
    Futhermore MK gets a free +10% crit on his Blade Flurry. Thus, you can hit max crit with flurry with hardly any effort, and only 10% more crit to max out the rest of his attacks crit.

Also, while the video is interesting, Im not sure how actually helpful it is, by using heroes like 6 star Ember and all legendary runes. Not everyone wants to spend $1000 dollars on a video game. Yes, that is what VIP 10 means in case anyone is unclear on that point. Maybe using more reasonable heroes/runes might make for a better tutorial if that is the point of the video.
  • This particular video is indeed aimed at higher level players with the heroes to hand. The point here is doing the tower quickly, which isn't in the scope of some lower level players.

So your observation is bang on here. I intend to do other tower videos showing strategies such as baiting each floor with a single tank, plus a "Sustain Team" as some of our guildies call it. So be patient; all in good time.
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• BunkbotBunkbot Member
    edited October 2016
    Warrrax wrote: »
    I was a bit surprised to see so much crit on MK. I almost always use him in conjunction with black diamond who shares her big +15% crit chance.. AND her 15% skill also effectively raises crit even further for all allies.
    Futhermore MK gets a free +10% crit on his Blade Flurry. Thus, you can hit max crit with flurry with hardly any effort, and only 10% more crit to max out the rest of his attacks crit.

Also, while the video is interesting, Im not sure how actually helpful it is, by using heroes like 6 star Ember and all legendary runes. Not everyone wants to spend $1000 dollars on a video game. Yes, that is what VIP 10 means in case anyone is unclear on that point. Maybe using more reasonable heroes/runes might make for a better tutorial if that is the point of the video.

This team works with a 3* ember, 5* indigo and MK and 6* bd at level 70 with decent but not outrageous runes - I've been using it for a couple of months successfully. I didn't ascend ember until I got her to 3* but I expect even at 2* it would work fine as long as you rune her up for health and defence so she survives the odd black diamond attack. I have spent a few quid here and there but nothing approaching $1000.

Also I think that passive buffs from other heroes can take a hero past 50% crit?
  • Thanks for the reply back up above, Z. Will employ your suggestions for aether farming. Thankfully I am a bit OCD myself ;)
  • Looking forward to the lesser-level vids. :-) I have found Ember to be really strong, even at 3 stars. I really like your idea of buffing her with Attack runes. She has some pretty decent skills offensively speaking. Her #2 and #3 hit really hard, and #1 gives everyone else the huge attack buff.

• Love the videos! Just want to say that I shared your Kobal/Babel Mountain video with my guild and we all thought it was da bomb!
  • heeler wrote: »
    Love the videos! Just want to say that I shared your Kobal/Babel Mountain video with my guild and we all thought it was da bomb!

Awesome! Thanks for your support, and to the rest of you guys also - it's appreciated!
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• I have been using the team of Kira, Zen, Astrid, Nub to run the tower for awhile now, even before runes came out. With runes, it's even easier now!

Kira allows you to do either AoE or target a single hero to kill. Zen allows you to either haste Astrid for harder levels where you might need an AoE, or Nub if you are needing a heal due to some bad luck. Zen's group heal also makes you immune to freeze and burn which is a huge benefit against a shatter or pyro team defense. My Nub also has around a 50% crit due to runes, so he almost never has to heal but sometimes you can get a little unlucky...
  • @Zombi love the video. In your opinion is there a good sub for ember in this sort of team. This is great for the people who were playing from the beginning who have ember maxed out but not for those of us who have her at 1 or 2 stars or don't have her at all.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • ZombiZombi Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks!

Well Ember boosts everyone's attack, heals, and is a fast hero, so there's no direct substitute from that perspective. However, you can approach it from another angle... let me think...

It has to be a healer of some sort. If you've got a strong Yasmin I'd go for her. Rune her defensively, as her only purpose there is to support the group and keep them on their feet.

Another option is Zen, of course - but you wanted to common hero, so Yas is your girl.
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• Zombi wrote: »
    It has to be a healer of some sort. If you've got a strong Yasmin I'd go for her. Rune her defensively, as her only purpose there is to support the group and keep them on their feet.

Another option is Zen, of course - but you wanted to common hero, so Yas is your girl.

I was thinking Yas, I also thought about Augustus, heals everyone if he's undamaged, armored and tough, good hit with a dispel attached, a full heal with a cleanse, and aegis shield. Just not sure he has enough raw healing. I also thought about Nub but was hit or miss on him.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN You have failed to make DB fun again now I won't spend another dime on this game
  • Try all 3 and let post back on here - i'm interested to hear your results.
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited October 2016
    Zombi wrote: »
    Try all 3 and let post back on here - i'm interested to hear your results.

Not ready to try it yet, still don't have good enough runes for this either. Working on that. I am not seriously farming runes and rune mats until I hit 70. Too much XP when I do that, if I need a specific rune I might farm one and eat the XP but other than that I have been very cautious about farming in boss mode. But I just hit 68 so not long now.
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    Zombi wrote: »
    Try all 3 and let post back on here - i'm interested to hear your results.

Not ready to try it yet, still don't have good enough runes for this either. Working on that. I am not seriously farming runes and rune mats until I hit 70. Too much XP when I do that, if I need a specific rune I might farm one and eat the XP but other than that I have been very cautious about farming in boss mode. But I just hit 68 so not long now.

just curious why you would avoid XP if you're already at 68. At 70, I find that very many of the pvp defenses are lvl 67-69, and these are showing up as the highest hero power (far right) option for raids. So if you're in the pvp brackets with level 70 players, what do you gain by not being 70?
  • Omg!! How did he get 14 yorick tokens ? Mine is usually around 5-10 :(
  • VIP level. I've had as many as 22/24 in one run
    Level Capped Spotlight
    My YouTube Channel
    My Twitter Page

• @Zombi

I just tried this today. Had to tweak it a little with hero order due to a few floors with 2-3 fast heroes on them, and I wanted indigo first to silence the second defender but overall it worked great. Walked right up the tower in about 15 minutes. No hero loss. Thanks for the help.

My heroes:
    Ember - 2 star
    Indigo - 4 star
    MK - 4 star
    BD - 5 star

All fully ascended and some decent offensive runes but MK is very well runed for his level.

This will, of course, be my new tower team. I had seen this video when you originally posted it, but just recently over the weekend fully ascended Ember. So I could try it.

litespeed