Hero Spotlight: Indigo

Comments

• Looks like she can

+1 energy on crit
    Final attack slows enemies

Seems like the devs do listen to us :)
  • @Odach Daze only happens on basic attacks.
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • I am glad that Indigo is not a must-have OP PvP hero. That sort of thing kills the idea of even having a semblance of balance in the game. Why not update a hero like Dagrund, who is rarely seen in any situation?
  • @HaxusBloodbane thats what I was thinking as well, but more of a full water team. Like yazzy, yoko, willy, and indy
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• Ashe? is that you? What are you doing in Dungeon Boss?
    Current Wishlist: Shade, the one hero I'm missing and have yet to ascend.

Proud member of Pact of Minds.

Kozar enthusiast.
  • She's been out for less than 24 hours. Everyone stop arguing. Whether you like her or not is up to you. Stop trying to convince others of your point for view and just offer your opinion instead of forcing it.

This is a forum, and this thread is about Indigo so pls don't tell us to stop arguing about her. We're just exposing our opinions, you can agree or not but you can't shout up us. Thx :)
  • Edson123676Edson123676 Member
    edited November 2015
    @DeathCrew77
    If it applies to you take it. The forums are much nicer without people shoving warmish post back and forth. Haxus is a long timer here and is respected. Let's at least consider it instead of shoving it back at them. Cheers!
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • My two cents fwiw: spent all my gems & gold to unlock and level indigo because fast blue rogue!! Then sadness because evo requirements are the rarest (at least for me). But I think how my kiro kicks it at 3*, so surely Indigo is of similar caliber. But after testing in several situations, I personally have not found a compelling use for 3* unascended Indigo, and since her tokens come from VIP portal only, she will likely languish on my roster until we get an Indigo event.
  • I'm sure Indigo will also break out the VIP Portal like some other Guy's, so everyone will get a chance to have her in Rooster
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @flyingpizzacats Same. William and Yasmin together may increase her survivability but if Yoko is present his Buff isn't activated and you lose the debuffs like Fist of Justice and Marked for Death. This is a tough call but workable. She will pair very well with Yas however as Yas can heal quickly and multiple times.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • I always hate arguing too. I think most of the comments above, after reading them, seem fairly tame. And there is basically a general consensus that she is not viable for PvP. Given the expense and time required to farm, it's good to debate these points so we can plan our time (and in some cases, avoid an impulsive purchase!).

If there is new info, all of you should share. I love these threads. They help quite a bit. Even just 24 hours in.
    She's been out for less than 24 hours. Everyone stop arguing. Whether you like her or not is up to you. Stop trying to convince others of your point for view and just offer your opinion instead of forcing it.

--
    Your friend, Totoro
    I think water teams may become apparent.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • For PvP, Indigo seems useless no matter how you look at it. Giving her shifty or agile will make her viable.
    For PvE anything flies. Even dagrund/ignus have their glory moments in one of the many mundane daily dungeon runs.
  • I thought Indigo was supposed to give +1 energy to party on a crit? I haven't seen any notice of +1 energy nor do I see my number of turns remaining dropping with crits by her. Am I misunderstanding what this trait is supposed to do?
    hplc
    She has to be ascended once.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • Ahh. Ok. Thanks!
    hplc
  • Wow, I'm only VIP 1. Man, I suck... Looks cool though...

Heroes I want-Indigo, Overlord

Other Games I play-Plants VS Zombies 2, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokémon Rumble World

Nintendo ID-Nabbitster (If want to friend me on Wii U)

Favourite Heroes-Jabber, Kira, Augustus
    Being VIP 1 doesn't mean you suck.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • I used her in PvP. Once, Willow killed her in one shot. Twice she got to attack and caused almost no damage per shot. I will not use her anymore.
  • dyraTANKSdyraTANKS Member
    edited November 2015
    I love Indigo
    DB_Tyra_PotatoSig_smile2_zpseuhidpn2.png
    6qjqge19ypcg.pngvb70lvri64fd.png
  • Without star levels she is quite weak. I can see her combo with some heroes but damage output is low and a gamble. less reliable than dodging it seems.
  • Hello, thinking of writing a dungeon boss fanfiction exclusively on this page. Any Ideas?

Heroes I want-Indigo, Overlord

Other Games I play-Plants VS Zombies 2, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokémon Rumble World

Nintendo ID-Nabbitster (If want to friend me on Wii U)

Favourite Heroes-Jabber, Kira, Augustus
  • Give first skill the armor pen that the other rogues have if not going to be any dodge added. That first skill with not having to worry about armor would make a nice pvp defense attack.
  • I would really like to use indigo more often. That being said she's way too expensive. She appears 25% of the time in the VIP summon. Each time presenting only nine tokens. This would mean that I would need a total of 44 VIP summons for a total of over 17,000 gems just to get from three-star to four-star. She needs to appear in some other forms or she is not a viable hero. I'm very disappointed.
  • Sylfae wrote: »
    Funny, the bunch of you calling her useless without even levelling her and testing her out.
    She's useless because she's too expensive to level up. How many people want to spend 17,000 gems to get her from 3 to 4 stars. It cost 400 gems for VIP, you get her at best 25% of the time and at least every time I've done it, I've gotten nine tokens. That means about 44 summons for over 17,000 gems. Not really worth it, which does makes her useless imho. Sad because she has so much potential.

• Dies to Willow. Can't critical the two most comon medium threats: Bovus and Tsume. Can't dodge. Can't armor penetrate Igorok or do enough to Yoko. So she is bad vs the number one fast protector of the number one first medium cripplers who she is also bad against.
    PVE hero only. Great there, but you have no incentive to spend money on this impossible to star character when 3 stars is good enough in any PVE dungeon.
    Characters who don't encourage customers to spend money are wasted development time.
  • I feel like she needs a bit of a buff. She's too squishy and weak at the moment. Not really worth investing in her yet.
  • Increase to crit and dodge. Put her up there with Willow and then maybe I could justify the huge gem cost to upgrade her.
  • Please fix indigo's token appearance. I just spent 4000 gems on VIP summons to get a measly nine tokens. To say I am pissed off is an understatement.
  • All I've seen in this entire thread is about how she isn't great with willow and BD and Masuta...or about how people are still going to use shadowblade, etc...

THIS is what's wrong with PvPers...the point is that indigo is a fast water elemental with some VERY cool abilities. She perfectly counters Nim, who up until now (hopefully) has been completely broken, and she doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in a water team. On the first page it's nonstop with the people who want her to one shot everything. A rogue does not necessarily have to be solely a damage dealing class. Nim often serves as a secondary kindling on my fire team when I'm trying to set something on fire and squinch missed or his fire didnt take. Willow's Evasive shot doesn't just ignore armor : it can get you out of a sticky situation.

Just because you can't take an entire team of rogues in with her an AoE 1 shot a defender's dungeon doesn't make her useless.

IF your entire pvp strategy relies around BD and/or Masuta, you're doing more harm to the game than you are good, and your just button mashing. If you like the game, why ruin it...if you dislike it...why play it? Trust me, if all you're doing is running fast teams--or you're waiting till the last 20 mind to spend a few hundred gems and blow through some dungeons via aoe-- you're missing out on so much! Progression, effort, investment, all mean so much more when a fight lasts more than one or 2 rounds. Wanna show your skill? Play the long game! Plan 2, 3, or 4 turns ahead; if you do, and when you do, you'll grow as a player far more, win rates will go through the roof, and you'll have a more consistent team--one that actually requires input from you.

Just as well...now that the tower is out, playing with a consistent team or two just got far more realistic. A few crits from indigo and your entire team is back in tip top shape.