Crafting Materials Needed for All Runes

FoozleFoozle Member
I put together a summary of all raw materials needed to craft every possible rune. I have the details behind this but it is too voluminous to post here I think. Perhaps if I provided to @MaCoPi he would be able to post on the wiki in a way that would be easier to visualize - similar to what he did for Epic Materials. I can't promise this is 100% error free. It was pretty tedious manual work, but if there are errors I'll fix as I find them.

At this summary level, it isn't overly useful, except perhaps to give you an idea of the relative quantities of materials used in the rune crafting process. So when it comes time to purchase crafting materials using tickets or gems in the future, if you are interested in mainly crafting Greater runes, you can easily see that items like Brimstone, Pure Frost, Flame Crystals, Nature Crystals, etc. are used very heavily, so it would be wise to stock up on them when they become available. If we can publish a filterable detailed version, it becomes more useful in that you could produce your own summaries of materials needed for the runes that you are most likely to want to craft.

Edit: Corrected some of the numbers with help from @MaCoPi.

9ckyxqelw939.jpg
Post edited by Foozle on

Comments

  • Foozle wrote: »
    Perhaps if I provided to MaCoPi he would be able to post on the wiki in a way that would be easier to visualize - similar to what he did for Epic Materials.
    Actually, I already had that done a while ago, but for some reason hadn't put it on the correct page yet.

    It can now be found on Runes by clicking on 'Craft and salvage Runes' or on Crafting/Runes for the direct page.

    Most images for the shards/binders are missing, as well as the Guild Ring, but all other materials are there.

    PS: Did you also find it strange that the Greater Runes crafted using Guild Ring/Medal of Honor/Boss Fang cost 1k Gold instead of 10k for other Greater Runes?
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited October 2016
    MaCoPi wrote: »
    Foozle wrote: »
    Perhaps if I provided to MaCoPi he would be able to post on the wiki in a way that would be easier to visualize - similar to what he did for Epic Materials.
    Actually, I already had that done a while ago, but for some reason hadn't put it on the correct page yet.

    It can now be found on Runes by clicking on 'Craft and salvage Runes' or on Crafting/Runes for the direct page.

    Most images for the shards/binders are missing, as well as the Guild Ring, but all other materials are there.

    PS: Did you also find it strange that the Greater Runes crafted using Guild Ring/Medal of Honor/Boss Fang cost 1k Gold instead of 10k for other Greater Runes?

    Ok, thanks! Were you planning to do a raw material table, with totals, like you did for Epics, or not really worth doing?

    Yeah, I think it is an error that they had reduced gold cost for those runes. They probably just haven't caught it yet, or haven't really bothered to fix since it isn't a big deal either way.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    Were you planning to do a raw material table, with totals, like you did for Epics, or not really worth doing?
    No, I wasn't. After taking a quick look, I think only the Greater/Superior ones use craftable materials and even those only a few. And I don't think there is a nice way to display it all since there are a lot of runes you can craft.

    I've also done my calculations, and have a few different results:
    • Pyre Embers (Improved): 175
    • Pyre Embers (Total): 601
    • Brimstone (Improved): 112
    • Brimstone (Total): 484
    • Ebony (Superior): 141
    • Ebony (Total): 207
    • Abyssal Crystal (Lesser): 155
    • Abyssal Crystal (Total): 443
    • Snowbell (Lesser): 192
    • Snowbell (Total): 381
    • Attack Shard (Improved): 132
    • Attack Shard (Superior): 154
    • Attack Shard (Total): 550
    • Defense Shard (Improved): 48
    • Defense Shard (Total): 200
    • Skill Shard (Improved): 54
    • Skill Shard (Superior): 63
    • Skill Shard (Total): 225
    For how much work goes into it I'd say that's not a lot differnces.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • @Foozle @MaCoPi You two are the real MVP!
  • @MaCoPi -- Thanks for posting your totals. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a few errors. I'll take a look and see if I can locate where they might be. And yes, I struggled finding a good way to display as well. For me personally, I just have in an excel spreadsheet, so I can just apply filters as needed, which is good. Trying to show on a web page is a bit more tricky.

    @BlackLeggedaSura -- thanks!
  • Well, thinking about it, I could actually just show it like the epic and replace the levels by Lesser/Improved/Greater/Superior.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • All of this crap is another reason why runes suck the life out of this game. Too much grinding.
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com