Hero Spotlight: Pignius Maximus

Comments

• Anyone have any input as to what his drop rate in the portal is right now? Debating using a 10x summon while he is "featured."
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• 1st 10x summon I got nothing. On the second I got him. It took me a total of doing 6 10x summons to five star him and his second ability. Maybe I got lucky.
  • Could someone tell me if the pig is still available after the event?
  • Great. The moment my iPad has to go to the shop for repairs is when they decide to release the pig hero so I miss out on the event. I guess here's hoping for a lucky draw...
  • @dboeren May the odds ever be in your favour!
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • I know you all believed in me, but I was unable to pull Pignius out of the portal this weekend. I tried. Not meant to be.
    In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.
  • Farmed 55 piggy tokens during the weekend event and then decided to try my luck at a 10x summon pull. Unlocked him and upgraded julius to 4 stars...pretty beastly summon ;) .

As soon as I leave the portal with my new piggy, whats the first thing I see? A token bundle for piggy... hah, I can't help but laugh at this game sometimes.

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• @McBeard Keep moving forward.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • @McBeard Same... Got one shot in the portal (15 Ignus Tokens).. Ended up farming him as much as possible.(90/100)
    "Keep on keepin on" is what my piggy says
    DB_Tyra_PotatoSig_smile2_zpseuhidpn2.png
    6qjqge19ypcg.pngvb70lvri64fd.png
  • @Esquire Yeah, I had 88 tokens of Julius and then removed him from the dungeons. I was SOOOOO MADDDDD
  • Nevaduck wrote: »
    Don't like the current meta... Wait and it will change!

It's been 2 months and the only thing they've done about the Nature meta is given the squishy dies-in-one-hit-hero Ekko a new passive that only has a 50% chance to work, I doubt the meta will ever shift because the devs make too much money from people buying bundles for OP Nature heroes.
    Current Wishlist: Shade, the one hero I'm missing and have yet to ascend.

Proud member of Pact of Minds.

Kozar enthusiast.
  • @dontkilldyl that's kinda not true... They completely changed how pvp works. They made skills all fully charged and made it so order alternates. They changed it so much that I need a new pvp guide.
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• @Dredd77 did I say the heroes were broken? No. What is broken is that free players, or even people who spend $500, will never have the chance to catch up to the top payers and compete with them in the top bracket. It is more than pay to fast, because we have to fight these people who are maxed. If it was like Clash, you fight people of similar level and strength. That is how the pvp system should work, not based on how much money you have thrown into your heroes to get the most stars and ascensions

The problem is, you're wrong. You've sold yourself this narrative that you have to spend X amount of dollars to even be competitive in this game, and that's simply not true. The PVP system always gives you options of people of similar level and strength, so if you're continually losing it might be a better use of your time and energy trying to learn what you're doing wrong and correct it, rather than taking the "easy way" out and just blaming the game.

I have spent a lot, lot less than $500, mainly on a few Stamina packs as an occasional treat for myself and the 30 Days of Gems pack since it's so cheap. All it's done is get me a little further down the road than someone who hasn't spent any money. I don't have any extra boosts, secret moves, or broken heroes that would give me the unassailable competitive edge you feel exists.

TLDR: It's not the game. It's you.

• Renly wrote: »
    As soon as I leave the portal with my new piggy, whats the first thing I see? A token bundle for piggy... hah, I can't help but laugh at this game sometimes.

I struggle to understand why some people have such a problem with the bundles. A game that makes no money is a game you don't get to play anymore. I can't in my wildest, craziest, late-night-pizza-fuelled dreams imagine spending $30 on a single character, but to each their own.

• Ghost wrote: »
    @flyingpizzacats Let's all be like @Dragolis and ignore all of the blatant problems with the direction of the game! Sounds like a plan! ... Right?? Let's definitely not argue for the justice that we believe in, and instead bend over and take it with fake smiles!! *barf*

If this is an issue of "justice" to you, I'd recommend taking a look at the news in the wider world to give yourself some perspective. You must be living a dreadfully sheltered life, son.

• edited November 2015
    Dredd77 wrote: »
    Renly wrote: »

I struggle to understand why some people have such a problem with the bundles. A game that makes no money is a game you don't get to play anymore. I can't in my wildest, craziest, late-night-pizza-fuelled dreams imagine spending $30 on a single character, but to each their own.

I never said I had a problem with the bundles. I just found it funny that it was not even an offering and then BAM, as soon as I leave the heroic summon after unlocking Pignius, I'm greeted with a bundle for Pignius that takes up my whole screen.

― A.A. Milne

• @Dredd77 I see you're a fan of the "could be worse" argument. Invalid. If someone cheats you out of $400 in buying something you don't want, you can usually get your money back by you know... Returning it or going to court to sue because... Justice. Justice can be served over things that are less severe than murder. We shouldn't just let people do whatever they want up to that point
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• @Dredd77 I see you're a fan of the "could be worse" argument. Invalid. If someone cheats you out of $400 in buying something you don't want, you can usually get your money back by you know... Returning it or going to court to sue because... Justice. Justice can be served over things that are less severe than murder. We shouldn't just let people do whatever they want up to that point

Am I to take it that you feel that Dungeon Boss has somehow "cheated" you?
  • Renly wrote: »
    Dredd77 wrote: »
    Renly wrote: »

I never said I had a problem with the bundles. I just found it funny that it was not even an offering and then BAM, as soon as I leave the heroic summon after unlocking Pignius, I'm greeted with a bundle for Pignius that takes up my whole screen.

Fair point! Sorry, I misunderstood your intent. RIght there with you, I had a chuckle after unlocking the endgame character (forget his name atm) it goes right into a Bundle offer. I don't blame them a bit, but again hard to imagine going for it for $30 and it doesn't even give you enough tokens for a 3* upgrade.
  • Why is this thread stickied?
    Zernium
  • Dare I say, Piggy could benefit majorly from gaining the "slow" tag. Addition of extra HP and attack + revenge + hog wild... And his special ability practically begs for him to go last.
  • wzang wrote: »
    Someone please tag me when you figure out what Hog Wild means, it triggered 3 times in raids but all it says "hog wild attack!" And than the defending team goes. I was assuming it would haste a basic attack like Monkey See.

Help me understand! @Joel

It means that allied beasts or himself gain an extra normal attack/hit.

• If a beast on the same team as pignius does a basic attack, there is a percentage that they will hit twice.
    @ATCurrent
  • And if you look at Pignius's traits and hold your finger on it, it will tell you what percentage.
  • Also, if Ella Charms him or a beast ally on his team, they can also hit twice. So careful of that.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Pignius is my favorite beast hero! Beasti Roar and Hog wild make him a great leader! Ironically, he doesn't have the beast leader passive.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Weird. I always thought pignus was nature... maybe thats just because ive been fighting a ton of nature pigs in campaign...

Anyways...

How well would rocky the shitake work with pignus? Quadruple attacks from Mangle and Julius?
  • L0rdL33t wrote: »
    Weird. I always thought pignus was nature... maybe thats just because ive been fighting a ton of nature pigs in campaign...

Anyways...

How well would rocky the shitake work with pignus? Quadruple attacks from Mangle and Julius?

Possible. But with a FA Piginus you'll have 50% chance for a second attack so on average you'll hit three times with beasts with a haste online.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • edited April 2016
    Gmanju wrote: »
    L0rdL33t wrote: »
    Weird. I always thought pignus was nature... maybe thats just because ive been fighting a ton of nature pigs in campaign...

Anyways...

Not the best set up unless the 2 other heroes on the team are nature. If you want a team to super destroy bosses for example a water boss then use ekko tsume julies nubnub. The turn before boss use energize, julies 3rd skill, and have nubnub haste ekko.

On boss use ekko electric storm to shock him, julies will attack after, then ekko 3rd skill with julies attack again, tsume spreading fear with yet another julies attack, julies 2nd skill, and nubnub auto attack with the final julies hit. In this rotation the shocked and feared boss will be hit 4 times by ekko, 3 times by tsume, 5 times by julies, and 1 time by nubnub for a total of 13 hits with 12 of them triggering the shock debuff that usually does around 1000 dmg at my level not including fear bonus.

And imagine you have a Rocky as friend's champion!!

You can also change tsume to Pignus maximus. Julius make use of his double attack ...